collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cutie Pops!  (Read 15976 times)

papier

• Trade Count: (0)
Cutie Pops!
« on: August 09, 2012, 07:07:28 AM »
Mods, I've checked back three pages and couldn't find a post on this, but I know you will have to merge if there is one, and that is fine :)

What do people think of these? I wasn't sure at first but they've grown on me. My favourite at the moment is Candi, but I also like Eclair (her name is Chiffon in the US).

Oh, and on this UK toy website, there's an exclusive girl, Popcorn!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://www.smythstoys.com/other-fashion-dolls-124sc/cutie-pops-movie-night-theme-123374itm.aspx?qwSessionID=9f2c1b81-3e8b-4251-8b3e-9edfa562ba90

But why oh why is she so expensive?! £40?!

Thoughts and pictures of Cutie Pops most welcome :)

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Cutie Pops!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 10:09:22 AM »
I love them, but as I have no clear favorite I feel like I'd need to buy ALL of them at the same time. XD So, I haven't convinced myself to spend that much money on them at once yet. It would be easier if they had one with an unnatural-ish hair color, like purple or snow white. They don't seem as popular as the other new doll lines this season, I've only found one review of them.

Popcorn is pretty adorable, but since she's just another blonde base, I wonder that they didn't just release her stuff as a fashion pack. Thanks for sharing, I never would have known about her otherwise!

papier

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 10:47:00 AM »
I love them, but as I have no clear favorite I feel like I'd need to buy ALL of them at the same time. XD So, I haven't convinced myself to spend that much money on them at once yet. It would be easier if they had one with an unnatural-ish hair color, like purple or snow white. They don't seem as popular as the other new doll lines this season, I've only found one review of them.

Popcorn is pretty adorable, but since she's just another blonde base, I wonder that they didn't just release her stuff as a fashion pack. Thanks for sharing, I never would have known about her otherwise!

No problemo; personally, she's not for me either as, like you say, they could've have done something other than blonde. I was just astounded at the price.

It's true, Cutie Pops have been totally eclipsed by La Dee Dahs (which I also love), Novi Stars and Bratzillaz. I've seen some pictures on flickr and I honestly think they can hold their own, they're pretty great. I especially love Candi's rainbow scheme and the special rainbow chips to close her eyes with. Very cheerful and vivid.

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 11:30:03 AM »
I seen these in the stores but I can't bring myself to buy one. They just don't charm me that much. I don't care for their face mold at all. The bright colors are fun but they just aren't for me. I think they just came out too close to the La Dee Da dolls. They kind of remind me of them crossed with La La Loopsy... lol

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 11:31:58 AM »

No problemo; personally, she's not for me either as, like you say, they could've have done something other than blonde. I was just astounded at the price.

It's true, Cutie Pops have been totally eclipsed by La Dee Dahs (which I also love), Novi Stars and Bratzillaz. I've seen some pictures on flickr and I honestly think they can hold their own, they're pretty great. I especially love Candi's rainbow scheme and the special rainbow chips to close her eyes with. Very cheerful and vivid.

That is a pretty astonishing price. e_e I think they're a tad bit overpriced normally (another reason I don't have one yet), but that's absurd.

Yep, all of them, and people even seem to like the new Winx dolls more! XD I adore my Novi Star myself, and I can feel myself slowly acquiescing to buying more of that line, and even a Bratzilla. I totally blame everyone's lovely user pics and chat about them. :P It's easy to forget the poor Cutie Pops.

I looove Candi's rainbow chips and yarn hair falls too! I'm almost certainly going to get her. I only wish her dress was actually black instead of a dark denim. I'm glad (?) you started this thread, since now I'm reminded of how much I want these girls, haha.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 10:45:08 PM »
I dunno why they aren't more popular than La Dee Da. At least the Cutie Pops have an interesting feature. I mean if a doll isn't going to be very articulated it better have an interesting feature to make up for it but the La Dee Das have none.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 11:59:38 PM »
I love the Boston Terrier pet  ^.^
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 01:41:48 AM »
She's cute! :)
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

MissSleepless

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 07:41:17 AM »
Yes. No. I don't know.

Eurggh, they're cute for sure, but I don't know how inclined I'd be to buy one. Then again I've said that before and wound up with more dolls of a certain type than I have space for.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 07:51:37 AM »
Am I the only one dumbfounded by the molded hair mixed with the synthetic hair? This might be my OCD talking, but that bothers me quite a bit. I also find their eyes to be terrifying.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 10:21:20 AM by Yurusumaji »

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline xkelpiex

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 10:18:22 AM »
You'd think a customizable doll with OTT sweet deco lolita roots would super ineterst me, but...no. They are SCARY.

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 10:28:24 AM »
Okay, if do admit their pets are cute. But I'd feel weird buying just the pets. They beat the Bratzillaz pets for sure! And there's more variety than the La Dee Da pets, I believe.

Still.. they do not appeal to me as a doll.

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 02:28:12 PM »
Am I the only one dumbfounded by the molded hair mixed with the synthetic hair? This might be my OCD talking, but that bothers me quite a bit. I also find their eyes to be terrifying.

Not just you! The hair weirds me out a lot.

You'd think a customizable doll with OTT sweet deco lolita roots would super ineterst me, but...no. They are SCARY.

Exactly this lol. When I heard about them I thought I was going to love them. And then when I saw them the other day in WM... nope. The faces and eyes seem soulless to me and they looked so plasticky and clumsy overall... I was sad.  :cry:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

TuxAndTails

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 03:49:42 PM »
This! I haven't really seen them in person yet (saw them at a TRU while I was on vacation but they were an aisle over and I forgot to go and take a closer look), but I looked up pictures of them and yeah... I can see why they could appeal to people, but they scare me a bit ._. The huge size and kiddish faces/clothing remind me of Lalaloopsy, but these don't have the same charm as those do, at least for me.

I dunno why they aren't more popular than La Dee Da. At least the Cutie Pops have an interesting feature. I mean if a doll isn't going to be very articulated it better have an interesting feature to make up for it but the La Dee Das have none.
I find the interesting feature a tad terrifying, honestly. And La Dee Das are smaller and their faces and clothing are more detailed which is why I prefer them.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 03:59:47 PM »
Definately good for the La La Loopsy crowd. I'm not a fan of them, but they are adorable.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal