collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cutie Pops!  (Read 16001 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Cutie Pops!
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 04:33:09 PM »

I dunno why they aren't more popular than La Dee Da. At least the Cutie Pops have an interesting feature. I mean if a doll isn't going to be very articulated it better have an interesting feature to make up for it but the La Dee Das have none.
I find the interesting feature a tad terrifying, honestly. And La Dee Das are smaller and their faces and clothing are more detailed which is why I prefer them.

I have to admit the switchable eyes and molded hair might not appeal to everyone (I myself am not crazy about the molded hair and if I get one I am considering modding her to wear a regular doll wig) but I find the outfits are just as detailed as La Dee Da.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

TuxAndTails

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012, 05:32:53 PM »

I dunno why they aren't more popular than La Dee Da. At least the Cutie Pops have an interesting feature. I mean if a doll isn't going to be very articulated it better have an interesting feature to make up for it but the La Dee Das have none.
I find the interesting feature a tad terrifying, honestly. And La Dee Das are smaller and their faces and clothing are more detailed which is why I prefer them.

I have to admit the switchable eyes and molded hair might not appeal to everyone (I myself am not crazy about the molded hair and if I get one I am considering modding her to wear a regular doll wig) but I find the outfits are just as detailed as La Dee Da.
Your right, I should have used a different word. Um... stylish, maybe? It's kind of hard to explain, but when you look at an MH doll, they're very fashionable and wear a lot of darker colors, while something like a Lalaloopsy is dressed a bit more conservatively and in lots of bright colors to appeal to kids. I find La Dee Da to be in-between those two lines, while Cutie Pops would be a lot closer to the Lalaloopsies.

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2012, 07:49:58 PM »
I want to like them, because they shout "SUPER KAWAII" at me...... but.... but... their eyes! They freak me out! :yikes:

CoverGoth

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2012, 11:09:10 AM »
Although I love La Dee Dah's, I saw my first Cutie Pop doll the other day and would probably be more inclined to buy them as a gift. They're more interactive! I think their eyes are cool! And I wouldn't have to worry about their hair being ripped out.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 11:10:44 AM by CoverGoth »

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 05:24:53 AM »
I saw them at Walmart and thought they looked cute, I might have to see more of them as in owner pics to make a choice to buy one. I love all these new stylish dolls that are being released lately. I was kinda bored with Barbie for a while lol
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 06:14:49 PM »
I've only seen these at Walmart in my area. With so many other shiny new dolls at, I honestly think they're being over looked. I've said before that I don't like their face molds but I think they would be cool for kids to play with. The eyes switching reminds me of when Betty Spaghetti came out and you could switch them all up. I absolutely loved those as a child. Wish I still had my old collection!

If they come out with more of a variety I think they might stand a chance against La La Loopsy and La Dee Da. I love love love my two La Dee Da dolls but if I was a kid I think I wouldn't enjoy playing with them. Other than their cute outfits and jointed legs, you can't really do much with them. Then again, I was the kind of kid who would make my toys go on adventures, making them climb tree limbs and fences to escape evil or take them in the pool and pretend they were in a boat wreck. Barbies and Bratz were great for this. These dolls can't really go on an Adventure..

As for Cutie Pops, the fact that they HAVE a feature other than 'Colorful New Doll!' should be earning brownie points for kids and parents. I think if they continue to develop they could lead to something really good but we just gotta see where they go with it.

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 11:54:08 AM »
I just wanted to bump this thread up to say I've now seen Popcorn, the movie-themed Cutie Pop with her pet dog included in the set, at Walmart in the US. :) Only a little more expensive than a regular $20 Cutie Pop. So yay for her being not-an-international-exclusive now!

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 07:40:50 AM »
I bought the Movie-themed set the other day.  I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it.  I ADORE the dog!  The doll, though?  Eh.  Her hair is really cute, and I love the popcorn "pops".  But I've not yet fallen head over heels for her like I have with my La Dee Das or my one and only Novi Star doll.  She has the potential, I feel, but worse comes to worse, I'm definitely going to buy more of the dogs!

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 11:42:33 AM »
I must have them all! They remind of Pullip dolls.
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

angelfish

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2012, 11:17:20 AM »
I love them. They have Dal/Byul proportions and can swap clothes with both which is also cool.  Have only one, the first blonde Chiffon and just love the playability of them.  I actually bought her and my LaDeeDa girl at the same time and found the opposite.  Was so excited by LaDeeDa and disliked  her once I deboxed her.  A lot.  Hate that too skinny wibbly body and the clothes, while cute aren't as well made. So many unfinished hems...  Even tried rebodying the LaDeeDa and nope, cute faces but not for me.   Cutie Pops I bought on a whim and was pleasantly surprised, had so much fun with her hair and eyes.  Her eyes are a bit freaky but I'm a blythe collector so the proportions didn't bother me so much.  I think Cutie Pops might be my fav line of the newer dolls and yay for also having nice hair!  So many new lines have such awful hair like Winx and the Brazillaz.  I love my one Bratzilla but I'm very careful with her hair as it's the type of nylon that frizzes easily.  I tried loving the Winx and bought the cute Sky/Bloom two pack along with Deluxe/Believix Stella and Casual Tecna.  Only Tecna and Sky remained....

Here's a link of my Cutie Pops with my Tangkou and one of my Blythes. 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49746645@N00/7659722064/in/photostream

and here she is with my old rebodied LaDeeDa I tried so hard to like...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49746645@N00/7681215884/in/photostream/
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 11:19:24 AM by angelfish »

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2012, 02:52:39 PM »
I just got Cookie the brunette one. Is it wrong that I think she look so pretty with closed eyes?
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2012, 05:32:41 PM »
I love them. They have Dal/Byul proportions and can swap clothes with both which is also cool.  Have only one, the first blonde Chiffon and just love the playability of them.  I actually bought her and my LaDeeDa girl at the same time and found the opposite.  Was so excited by LaDeeDa and disliked  her once I deboxed her.  A lot.  Hate that too skinny wibbly body and the clothes, while cute aren't as well made. So many unfinished hems...  Even tried rebodying the LaDeeDa and nope, cute faces but not for me.   Cutie Pops I bought on a whim and was pleasantly surprised, had so much fun with her hair and eyes.  Her eyes are a bit freaky but I'm a blythe collector so the proportions didn't bother me so much.  I think Cutie Pops might be my fav line of the newer dolls and yay for also having nice hair!  So many new lines have such awful hair like Winx and the Brazillaz.  I love my one Bratzilla but I'm very careful with her hair as it's the type of nylon that frizzes easily.  I tried loving the Winx and bought the cute Sky/Bloom two pack along with Deluxe/Believix Stella and Casual Tecna.  Only Tecna and Sky remained....

Does that mean they might fit Pullips? Or are they too small?

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

angelfish

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2012, 12:29:42 AM »
Cutie Pops and Byul/Dal can share clothes so I'm guessing that CP stuff will be too tight on most pullips except for maybe the type 3 body and even then I think the dresses might be too short.  Hope that helps!

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2012, 09:29:37 AM »
I just got Cookie the brunette one. Is it wrong that I think she look so pretty with closed eyes?

Not at all, I think their sleepy eyes are the best! :)

xXCosmicBurstXx

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2012, 05:14:57 PM »

Awww I love the first picture of your girls.

I kinda like Cutie Pops....then again I have a huge weakness for dolls with large heads. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal