collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbrotoyshop does not guarantee to send the wave of blind bags you order  (Read 1907 times)

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
If they show you a picture of wave 6 specifically, cant it be assumed that you want to buy what the picture shows? Otherwise it is false advertising.  :huh: maybe you could try another representative?
NO it is not false advertising UNLESS they say you are getting wave 6 and you get wave 5.  A company can use what ever they have to hand to advertise there product.  The consumer needs to read the fine print.  It will say product may not match description and or photo shown and they are covered. 

There's nothing in the title or description that guarantees what the wave is. I think the image is just the most recent wave available since that's most likely going to be the one most in stock, but that's about it.

It's the same with the MLP blind bag listing, except that listing gives names of Wave One ponies in the description, so it's probably a good assumption that the listing is an old one and the image is just updated periodically.

While it is never safe to assume (you make an ass out of me and you) that is most likely what they are doing which is common with larger companies.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

starlightcomet

• Trade Count: (0)
Yeah but with Argos they will normally bring out 1 of each design they have in stock and you can then choose. If they only bring out 1 design then that's all they have in stock at that store. If they don't have one you want they'll happily give you a refund straight away :) If you buy online and don't get the one you want then you can return it.

Yeah its good at least that they are very good about just letting you return a set you didn't want to receive or take it to your local store to refund etc. Still it is kind of a hassle to order online, wait, find its the wrong set, return it and try for another set to get the one you want on a lottery/luck basis. So much easier with other stores that simply let you order things separately. I think they would also get more sales that way as I gave up after the travelling to the 3rd brick and mortar store to find they all had the same set I didn't want. And I didn't fancy waiting around for the online ordering system gamble.

By the way I just noted down the product code and went to the Customer Services desk to ask what they actually have in store compared to the website picture/description. I think that might of saved some time with having to ask for a refund etc.

The funny thing was on almost the same day someone else was shown the set I wanted at a different Argos in the country but didn't want it. Shame you can't request certain sets since I would happily of taken that set off that Argos' hands! Eventually I just found it in a different store though (and for cheaper too, woo!).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 02:13:29 PM by starlightcomet »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Yes Diamond is completely on the mark with this one.

To Hasbro these are the same product - whether Blind Bags or Fashion Styles...its an "assortment" or a "range". To us, yes they are different ponies and different items. But to many suppliers which sell on line like this and many retailers [Argos and Smyths and even Tesco in the UK all demonstrate this and we have already seen in repeatedly with Kmart in the US]..."blind bag box" whether wave 1 or wave 4 are the same thing.

It is certainly in no way false advertising - unless the advert said Blind Bag Box Wave 3 featuring Big Mac, Noteworthy, etc then the picture actually doesn't matter - the description of the item and the title of the item is what matters thats where the retail commitment comes from. The picture is a stock photo - its similar to how sites show this Wave 1 Applejack with Bangs but on delivery you will simply get a MLP from the Playful ponies line not necessarily Applejack and certainly not the stock photo AJ with bangs.

Is this helpful to collectors? No...but its pretty much the way many retailers work unfortunately and we just have to be careful where and what we purchase online.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
Yes Diamond is completely on the mark with this one.

To Hasbro these are the same product - whether Blind Bags or Fashion Styles...its an "assortment" or a "range". To us, yes they are different ponies and different items. But to many suppliers which sell on line like this and many retailers [Argos and Smyths and even Tesco in the UK all demonstrate this and we have already seen in repeatedly with Kmart in the US]..."blind bag box" whether wave 1 or wave 4 are the same thing.

It is certainly in no way false advertising - unless the advert said Blind Bag Box Wave 3 featuring Big Mac, Noteworthy, etc then the picture actually doesn't matter - the description of the item and the title of the item is what matters thats where the retail commitment comes from. The picture is a stock photo - its similar to how sites show this Wave 1 Applejack with Bangs but on delivery you will simply get a MLP from the Playful ponies line not necessarily Applejack and certainly not the stock photo AJ with bangs.

Is this helpful to collectors? No...but its pretty much the way many retailers work unfortunately and we just have to be careful where and what we purchase online.

Hmm that makes sense, thanks for pointing that out. I myself am not interested in the BBs so I haven't read the description. It just sounded like "here's a pic of wave 6, and the description said you were getting blindbags" so I was thinking, that's all there was. I went back and read the print, and actually they even listed wave 1s!!

sneaky people  :shifty:

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
From what I understand, they do this to retailers as well.  I had a friend who tried to order directly from Hasbro and start up a G3 selling side business a few years ago.  She'd obviously only make money if she was getting the newest items in before they hit stores, but she couldn't order what she wanted.  She had to order a particular line and cross her fingers that she got the right ones.  Since Hasbro has a $5000 minimum order, her idea of a side business didn't last long.  I've heard the same complaint from some local collectible toy stores.  A lot of smaller local retailers just don't want to deal with Hasbro because they have to spend so much money per order, and they might get a shipment of junk they can't sell because it's old stock.

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Speaking of old stock, I saw a big G3.5 mermaid pony playset at my TRU. It probably came with the new shipment they got of the collector's set. Not sure why they are sending out G3.5 stuff.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
Speaking of old stock, I saw a big G3.5 mermaid pony playset at my TRU. It probably came with the new shipment they got of the collector's set. Not sure why they are sending out G3.5 stuff.
Probably to get rid of old stock? That's my only explanation... :blink:
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Probably to get rid of old stock? That's my only explanation... :blink:

It could simply have been old stock in a warehouse or distribution centre. There are quite a few retailers over in the UK still stocking G3.5 and Ponyville - they need to sell it I guess or pass on patches to re national sellers at some point. 
Loa is my love god!

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
Because of this post I contacted Hasbro regarding some blank ponies I ordered. They will not be shipping for a few weeks, so i contacted Hasbro to make sure I would get the g3 ones they had pictured and not the new paint by numbers looking ones they are coming out with soon. Here is my response...

"Hello Elisha, Thank you for contacting Hasbrotoyshop.com. In regards to your inquiry, please be advised that whatever item we show in our Hasbrotoyshop.com site is the exact item you will receive when you open your box. In other words, what you see is what you get. Please let us know if there is anything else we may be able to assist you with."

So....by that response they should send what is pictured....
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Unfortunately most online retailers will cover any such claims with small print either in their general terms and conditions or on individual product pages.

However, please note that you have to remember what Hasbro consider the "same product" - to their distribution/operations wave 3 is the SAME THING as wave 4 - the same product, the same item codes - therefore you will indeed receive the "exact item" however that will be whichever wave they have of that "exact item" in stock.

I hope you get the ponies you have need elish! The blank ponies didnt really have another product in that line so hopefully things will go smoothly.
Loa is my love god!

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Speaking of such, they have the blue box for blindbags pictured now in their shop.

Offline swancrossing18

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Just as a quick update-
When I contacted Hasbro before about receiving the wrong item I did so though email.  That was when they basically told me "too bad, no guarantees."  After two exchanges with the unhelpful email rep, I called Hasbro returns so I could return the wrong wave I received.  When I spoke to them on the phone they were much nicer.  The lady I spoke to seemed to understand that it was the wrong item (progress!), said that the situation was not my fault, and gave me a prepaid label to return the item. 

So, all in all it was an acceptable resolution.  However, despite the phone call with the nice rep, I'm pretty confident that they will still ship whichever wave they feel like sending/have in stock.  So, I would still recommend ordering elsewhere for blind bags if you are particular about what you get.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal