collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbrotoyshop does not guarantee to send the wave of blind bags you order  (Read 1904 times)

Offline swancrossing18

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Well, I thought I would warn people about my most recent experience with hasbrotoyshop and what I was told.  Essentially, hasbrotoyshop does not guarantee that they will send you the wave of blind bags that you order.  I just ordered a set of the pet shop blind bags where the picture showed wave 6.  I received wave 5.  I contacted customer support and they basically told me too bad and that they do not guarantee what wave of mystery packs you will receive.  So basically, when you order a set of blind bags for hasbrotoyshop you could receive any wave.  I was very unhappy with the way this was handled and recommend buying elsewhere.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 06:32:17 PM by hathorcat »

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Oh my god, that is BEYOND ridiculous. I can't believe Hasbro is being so terrible to their customers so much! Thanks for the warning.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Man, that is sooo not cool hasbro. Thanks for the heads up!

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline xdartfrogx

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I love my frogs and geckos!
    • View Profile
That is terribly unprofessional of them. What next? Order Cherry Berry and Get Pinkie instead cause they're from the same wave?!?! Ridiculous! Oh gawd... I used my groupon the other day and got snowcatcher, feathermay, twinkleshine, and the wedding castle. I hope they don't screw it up!

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
Actually unless it says that you are getting a certain wave they are with in there rights to ship what they have on hand.  When they show a certain pony and you order it though you would get that pony.  Here is a link to the MLP Blind Bags, it does not say which wave you will get only that you get a case.  http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/my-little-pony-mystery-figure-case-pack?BR=704&ST=SO&PG=2

For instance at BRU we have online orders we have to process, somethings come in colors, when we process the order it does not tell us what color to grab so you get what ever our hand falls on.  Hence if you want a certain color of an item that comes in an assortment, you better just come into the store and buy it.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline zap18

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony Friends Forever Convention
It might not say a certain wave in the titile, but it shows a particular wave in the picture.  I think it's pretty deceptive.

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Well that's lame... I guess I'll have to buy them all individually. Kind of dumb because of how much a whole box costs!

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
If they show you a picture of wave 6 specifically, cant it be assumed that you want to buy what the picture shows? Otherwise it is false advertising.  :huh: maybe you could try another representative?

Binny

• Trade Count: (0)
That sounds like false advertising. :(

starlightcomet

That's pretty much how Argos shops work here too. The product code shows a picture of "School Pals" and the description is for the "Wedding Fillies" but actually the same code is used for many different products under a "Friends Forever" banner including "Royal Castle Friends" set. Very annoying since I went to 3 different Argos and they all only had Castle Friends but I wanted School Pals. No way to request a certain set either as they just go by the code and pick at random.

Same for other sets, e.g. Bridle Friends, picked at random. Train Set carriages, picked at random. I never really understood it personally, because I think they must lose sales from those wanting to complete a set. If they had codes for each product individually they'd probably get a lot more purchases. I ended up getting School Pals from a different shop where I could just buy it directly.

Anyway, hopefully Hasbro will make it clearer on the website. For Argos in the catalogue they say "Styles may vary" but they don't always put it on the website and it can get a bit confusing too.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 06:45:21 AM by starlightcomet »

Gogobinsin

That's pretty much how Argos shops work here too. The product code shows a picture of "School Pals" and the description is for the "Wedding Fillies" but actually the same code is used for many different products under a "Friends Forever" banner including "Royal Castle Friends" set. Very annoying since I went to 3 different Argos and they all only had Castle Friends but I wanted School Pals. No way to request a certain set either as they just go by the code and pick at random.

Same for other sets, e.g. Bridle Friends, picked at random. Train Set carriages, picked at random. I never really understood it personally, because I think they must lose sales from those wanting to complete a set. If they had codes for each product individually they'd probably get a lot more purchases. I ended up getting School Pals from a different shop where I could just buy it directly.

Anyway, hopefully Hasbro will make it clearer on the website. For Argos in the catalogue they say "Styles may vary" but they don't always put it on the website and it can get a bit confusing too.

Yeah but with Argos they will normally bring out 1 of each design they have in stock and you can then choose. If they only bring out 1 design then that's all they have in stock at that store. If they don't have one you want they'll happily give you a refund straight away :) If you buy online and don't get the one you want then you can return it.

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
don't they have a return policy? I'm sure if you wrote them a nice email they would help you out.. expalin you didn't get the product pictured on the site, and thy sent you old stock...

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Heheh, a blind box prettey much! I honestly think it's cool, but for my luck, if I ordered again, I'd just get wave 1. :P I want 3 or 5.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
I feel your pain. We got a store here to order a complete box of Blind Bags wave 4 for me, the store called up, said they had gotten the box and when I went there to pick it up it turned out to be a complete box of Littles Pet Shop Blind Bags >.<
The store appologized and put in another order for MLP Blind Bags. When that box came the manager called us and said "Well, we recieved the latest Blind Bag box, but it is again Littlest Pet Shop for some reason". He researched it and called back and said that they were currently out of MLP Blind Bag boxes where they order them and so they had been sending Littlest Pet Shop Blind Bags instead.
Yeh, because that is TOTALLY the same thing >.<

Not to mention, there's an online toyshop here in Sweden that had Blind Bags for sale, the picture showed the wave 2 bags and when I got them it turned out to be the wave 4 Blind Bags. Lucky for them I still needed some wave 4 Blind Bags at that point.

But yeh, when it comes to the Blind Bags there seems to be some MAJOR confusion everywhere O.o I'd recommend just buying what you can find in stores and if you still want a few or have a few doubles just buy/sell/trade here at the Arena.
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Umiyuri

There's nothing in the title or description that guarantees what the wave is. I think the image is just the most recent wave available since that's most likely going to be the one most in stock, but that's about it.

It's the same with the MLP blind bag listing, except that listing gives names of Wave One ponies in the description, so it's probably a good assumption that the listing is an old one and the image is just updated periodically.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal