collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I love Pony Spa!  (Read 910 times)

biologistkid

• Trade Count: (0)
I love Pony Spa!
« on: August 02, 2012, 02:40:18 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She still needs that ink mark scrubbed, but otherwise... I'm very pleased.

Other side...

Masquerade is lovely except she has a bright pink circle on her stomach! The pink ink from the "for sale" sticker bled thru onto her belly ;A; so I will try scrubbing it, and if not I guess I have to sunfade her.

And here is a not-so-great picture of Glory post-pony spa.

I am just... so pleased at Wild Flower's hair! I want to share it with the world!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I love Pony Spa!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 04:01:43 PM »
wow they look lovely it is wonderful what a good bath can do.

Daisuki

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 04:15:03 PM »

Wild Flower's hair looks great!!!

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 04:27:16 PM »
Spa times are soo relaxing.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Watercolors

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Collector of G1 and G2!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 04:38:21 PM »
How did you do Wildflower's hair? I just got a sweet heart sister an her hair is so gross and frizzy, I need some advice!

biologistkid

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 05:15:54 PM »
wow they look lovely it is wonderful what a good bath can do.
Thanks! I'm pretty impressed, myself. I got them at a tractor show so I'm glad all of the kicked-up dirt came out.

Wild Flower's hair looks great!!!
Thank you!! She's definitely my pride right now.

Spa times are soo relaxing.
Indeed. I could spend forever at Pony Spa.

How did you do Wildflower's hair? I just got a sweet heart sister an her hair is so gross and frizzy, I need some advice!

Let me get a picture so I can explain better!

(this picture is somewhat old)

1.) Hot water bath. I don't entirely immerse the pony unless I need to do a full-body scrub (like Masquerade) because I'm afraid of rust. Otherwise, I usually just use Magic Eraser. During the bath I run the pony's hair through the water and get it nice and wet. I usually finger-comb it a little while it's underwater, to make combing later easier.
2.) After the bath, I work on the hair. I've found that a shampoo/conditioner called "Perfect 10" produced the best results out of the girls I've done, but "Pantene" worked really well for Glory and Majesty, too. Later it up, rub it into their hair. (On top of that - the shampoo suds are usually gentle enough for spots on the body, too, so it's like a second bath!)
3.) Rise out the hair. I rub it between my fingers underwater, to try to get as much of it out as I can.
4.) If the hair is especially wild or dirty, I do a second shampoo/rinse.
5.) Take them out slowly so that their hair comes out of the water fairly straight. I dry off the bodies by patting with a towel and avoid the hair.
6.) Immediately I take them to my room so I can style. I have a small comb that came with a knockoff barbie. It's got fine teeth.
7.) I lay the pony on her side and start at the bottom and comb out the hair (the hair lays flat on the surface of the table while I comb). I turn the pony over onto her other side so that both parts of the hair are flat, and if tangles remain, I turn her other angles to access all of the hair. I do this for both the mane and tail.
8.) I usually curl the tail first.

For normal ponies, I wrap it around the foot, and then (because I don't have paper towels) I take a strip of Ace bandage, wrap it tightly around the curl-around-foot, and dress-pin it in place.
For Wild Flower, I wrapped her tail around a thin paintbrush, as tightly as I could, trying to work from one end of the paint brush to the other. Then I used an Ace bandage strip to hold the curl+paintbrush tightly against the pony's leg, and dress-pinned it.

9.) Then the mane.
Normal ponies - comb the mane to the side of the neck, flatten it out a bit, then wrap the Ace bandage around the neck to hold it in place, dress-pin.
Wild Flower - wrapped the mane around a paintbrush, trying to hold it as vertically as possible. Wrapped with an Ace bandage to hold against the neck.

10.) Let dry overnight - and then unpin the bandages. They should come right off, and the hair will probably be very close to the body. For the normal ponies, I ran the comb through the manes once. For Wild Flower, I didn't use the comb, but I did have to use my hands to carefully pull the paintbrush out of the curls and then "pull" the curls downward into place (ie, the tornado-curl tail wanted to go inside out at first, but I just gently arranged her hair into place.)

Hope that helps! :) (In the picture, you'll notice Desert Blossom has ribbons - I ran out of dress pins. oops!)

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 06:39:21 PM »
Well done, they all look lovely.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

majikarte

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 06:44:54 PM »
Love that curl in Wildflower's tail! They all look lovely!

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 07:04:44 PM »
great Job there all sparkly and happy now!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 10:52:13 PM »
I see lots of shiny smooth hair!  You have done a great job cleaning them all up.  Sorry to hear about Masquerade's for sale sticker staining her.  I once bought a glory who had 10c written on her side in black vivid!  It makes you wonder what people are thinking sometimes.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 11:23:28 AM »
What an awesome Pony Spa day!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

corra

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 11:51:05 AM »
Beautiful ponies! I love pony spa too, I don't even really enjoy buying super clean perfect ponies because I love giving them their little baths so much!!

biologistkid

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 12:46:46 PM »
Aaah, thank you everyone!

I see lots of shiny smooth hair!  You have done a great job cleaning them all up.  Sorry to hear about Masquerade's for sale sticker staining her.  I once bought a glory who had 10c written on her side in black vivid!  It makes you wonder what people are thinking sometimes.

Oh no! Poor Glory :"(
I would never write directly on a toy like that- eek! Sometimes it never comes out no matter what you do.

Hopefully a little sunfade in the front window of my car will help, but I'm nervous I'll mess it up and regret it. Considering you can't see the spot unless you completely turn her over... I might end up leaving it since I have no plans to give her away/ sell her.

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2012, 09:01:46 AM »
You made them so pretty again!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal