collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sternenstaubs ADVENT CALENDAR SWAP 2012 - A Present A Day - All Boxes Arrived  (Read 41307 times)

Offline RedLynx

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I've updated my answers on Page 9.  I'm going to update my want list for this swap with these questions as well, so the answers are easy to find.

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
I updated my original post last night with answers
looking into a re-branding.

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
Question!
Do you like Disney Pins? I'm a huge Disney fan myself. Name 5 Disney Films or more you like? I have just about a complete animated collection mostly on VHS... I'm poor and Disney DVDs are expensive! Thank you goodwill luck!
Here are the four I own:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And here is my top 5 films:
1. Oliver & Company
2. Robin Hood
3. Beauty and the Beast
4. Tangled
5. Alice In Wonderland
6. Nightmare Before Christmas
7. Lilo & Stitch

I like most of pixar minus cars... just I hold them as a different company than Disney Wall-E is most def a top 5 list there... It's the movie I watch when I have a bad day it just cheers me up!

Also since I don't have it anywhere on this site yet... it's still a work in progress. I started a website for the collectors I know of Oliver & Co stuff. If you really want to hunt, everything there that is photo: Jazz Matazz is mine. I've yet to get a full collection photo! Also pm me if you have photos to ad!
http://oliverandcomp.weebly.com/
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 06:24:35 AM by JazzMatazz »
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

kittykat7

• Trade Count: (0)
Lol... I had to go all the way back to page 16 for all the questions I missed.  I love this swap!!!

Would you rather get lots of lower-value ponies or a few big value ones?

It really doesn't matter to me.  I would be happy with lots of lower value or a few higher value or a mix somewhere in the middle.  I am just happy for ponies!

Would you like to receive pony accessories or pony wear as extras? If so, anything in particular you are wanting?

Not really into the pony wear or pony accessories, I just don't have enough room for it all. 

What size shirt do you take?

It all depends on the type of shirt.  If it is a standard unisex/mens shirt I can get away with a large.  If it is any of those small baby doll sized shirts for women... forget it, I can barely fit into them.  LOL

I have a really important question in regards to extras/handmade items.  Do you like homemade items that are cute and girly, all adult with no cute element, or less girly?

I love all things homemade.  I always give complete artistic freedom to my swap partners.  I love cute and girly as well as cute and more adult as well. 

Also along these same lines for homemade ideas can you list a few ponies or pony types (any generation) that you like represented in handmade items?For example are you a unicorn fan?

I absolutely love G4s, especially the Pegasus ponies. 

Also, what types of books do you read and shows do you love on TV?

I read a lot.  Mostly books written by Nicholas Sparks.  I also enjoy reading romance novels.  But I am also open to read anything really.  If you have recently read a book that you feel is a must read then please feel free to recommend.  I also love the Twilight Saga. 
Now for TV... Where do I start.  I record a lot of shows and try to watch them on my free time.  I love The Big Bang Theory, CSI, Law and Order.  I like Wilfred, Awkward and Sons of Anarchy.  I really like a lot of shows on TV right now.

What's your Chinese zodiac?

I am a rat.

If my partner just happened not to be a US member.... Would they like anything American in their swap box?

I live in the US.   

Puzzles and coloring books/activity books?  love em?  hate em?

I love jigsaw puzzles, but my kitties, especially Marley (long hair, yellow eyed devil... LOL) won't allow me to do puzzles right now.  I like pony coloring books.  I also love logic puzzles... like the Rubiks cubes.  I have a collection of Rubik's cubes... so you have any laying around that doesn't get used feel free to toss it my way.  Or if you find any at your local Goodwill or thrift store, feel free to rescue it and send it my way!

How about lotions, soaps, make up, nail polish and similar stuff? Would you like to get it and any special wishes?

I am picky when it comes to lotions... I don't always agree on the smells and I hate oily lotions.  I do love cucumber melon lotions though.  I am open to try new soaps... just no smells that smell like a bathroom.  No make up for me please, it is much too humid in Florida and I am much too active for make up.  I love nail polish... especially the krackle stuff.  I love the Krackle stuff, if you haven't tried it I suggest you do!  It's great, I already have it in pink, blue, purple and black so I wouldn't mind any other color.  I also like regular polish as well, just not those ones that are about a dollar.  My nails do not seem to get along with that stuff, it dries to quickly and never looks right. 

I have a question do you like Moshi Monsters?

Eh... I bought a couple once and I wasn't too impressed with them.  They are cute but I just can't collect everything.  LOL

I have a question for the pet owners here. Are there any toys your pets like to play with?

I think I answered this for the last pet question... No CATNIP toys!    Mocha, my Siamese, loves mouse toys.  Marley, my long haired torti, loves paper.  They both love ribbon!
I also have a few betta tanks... any little betta treats for them would be nice.

Do you like Disney Pins? I'm a huge Disney fan myself. Name 5 Disney Films or more you like?

I LOVE Disney pins.  Not so much the new ones, because I think they make too many now.  But I do have a huge collection of them, and I do mean huge, like literally thousands of  them things.  I just collect the Lilo and Stitch ones now. 
Now as for the movies: I have a list for newer and a list for the classics.

Newer:
1.  Favorite of all time Lilo and Stitch.  Stitch is also my favorite character of all time.
2.  Finding Nemo
3.  Cars
4.  Wall-E

Classics:
1.  Aladdin
2.  The Little Mermaid
3.  The Lion King
4.  A Goofy Movie
5.  Beauty and the Beast

Whew... I think that's it!

Offline EmberBright

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Disregard the Prologue - my blog about... um... everything
One pony on its way, several little items bought, custom planned... this is so fun!

Updated with the last few questions, too (pg. 7)  :biggrin:

Disregard the Prologue

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Do you like Disney Pins? I'm a huge Disney fan myself. Name 5 Disney Films or more you like?

The Secret World of Arrietty
Ponyo
Totoro
Burton Alice in Wonderland
Tangled
The Little Mermaid

I don't have any Disney pins, they are pretty cute some of them

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Elfpony, I'm so sorry. We had to put our dog down last fall, it was so hard even though it was the right thing to do. Big hugs.

Jazz, that Pirate pin is awesome!
And Tula, your dog is adorable!

I'm going to answer the questions here and try to copy them to page 2- there are a lot of them!

Accessories?
Sure! I have a big dresser full of accessories sorted into generations, but I haven't quite gotten to the point where I want to sort them and make a list of what I have and what I need. But I always welcome more! Just so you know, sending me the original ribbons is sort of a waste- I don't think I will ever really care about the ribbons. I like to tie their hair up in bows and ribbons, but I will never be able to keep the original ones straight so they get mixed in with everyone else.

Shirt?
Depending on the shirt- if it's a stretchy one that's got lots of synthetic in it, I can do a L or XL. If it doesn't have any give to it (cotton), XL or XXL. Those little "holiday" shirts that Target sells that have cute logos and are usually about $5- those are XL and I love them.

Girly?
Quite honestly, it doesn't matter! My favorite winter hat is light pink, my favorite scarf is hunter orange. My coat is olive drab. Texture is more important to me- I like things that feel like angora, so soft and fluffy! The cheap yarn (I call it Wal-Mart yarn) is fine for something that doesn't touch my face, but I hate the feel of scratchy yarn on my face. Sadly, it's the easiest yarn to work with, but it's great for potholders (I can always use more potholders!) or afghans.
My house decor is a mish-mash, I don't try to match anything. It's all just stuff that I like. The kitchen will someday have a wood and blue-willow theme, but it will still be a mish-mash.
Ummm, I don't know if that answered the question- I like girly things, I like child-y things, and I adore home-made things. Whatever it is, I'll find a place for it!
Ponies and Homemade:
Not anything in particular! I put in my post on page 2 that I like art with Glory and Firefly, but I really like them to be together. They're a matched set in my world!
Books?
I like books on gardening and food preservations- I'm a bit of a Prepper, though I'm not over-the-top. I like to can and freeze, and am slowly trying to live off the grid. I know I can't actually do it all the way, since you guys are on the grid and I NEED you, I'm mostly trying to learn to feed myself. Hopefully 2012 isn't really the collapse of society, I'm not ready!
I also like fantasy books and things about past lives and destiny. I love me a good adventure book- I don't like horror or anything too science-y. The Last Unicorn, The Princess Bride, Jonathon Livingston Seagull, the Lorax, The Veleveteen Rabbit, The Hitchhiker's Guide, and books of fairy tales. I would ADORE a pretty copy of the book Beauty by Robin McKinley would be awesome- I have a copy that I'm sending to a friend- it's the re-make for libraries version and not very pretty. I guess I'm vain about my books! I'd prefer hardcover over softcover, and used is fine. It doesn't have to look new, I just want it to be pretty.
Shows & Movies?
Right now we're watching Deadwood, True Blood, Torchwood, Warehouse 13, Eureka... that sort of show. We have netflix, and we don't get regular television- it's just not a priority. I actually wish we got less Netflix than we do, but the husband loves his movies. As far as movies go, I like action/adventure movies (Prince of Persia, Sahara, National Treasure, The Day After Tomorrow). I LOVE the Shrek movies, but I have them all already. I love legends and old stories that are remade- there can never be enough remakes of Robin Hood or the Three Musketeers, they have to keep going until they get it perfect! I love Alice in Wonderland, and am glad that Tim Burton didn't mess it up. (oh, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... you haunt my nightmares.) And I like anything where the world ends- not the ones AFTER it has ended, but the ones that show it ending. If the Statue of Liberty gets knocked over, it's a good movie. (Again, I have no taste.)
 Zodiac? In the Chinese Zodiac, I am a Bunny. Rabbit. My family goes to a Chinese restaurant for lots of events, and they have placemats with the Chinese Zodiac. So for years now my nephew and I have talked about how we are both rabbits, and that it's fun. Now he has a daughter, and she's a rabbit too! The circle is unbroken!
I am a Scorpio in the other Zodiac, and actually really like it. Any bumper stickers or silly pins or something with Scorpio make me happy! I don't really put any credence into it, but it makes me seem like a bad***, which is always funny.
US?
I'm in the US, but something from your part of the US would be fun! I like leaves- a pressed leaf from a tree that is common in your area would make me smile. Or if you are in the desert, a pressed cactus?  I like cultural/area specific items.
Puzzles?
I love puzzles! I like the logic puzzles where you have to discern which person did which thing in which location on which date (the ones with the grid). And I love jigsaw puzzles. Pony ones of any size, but for the ones I'll put together, anything from 100-5000 pieces. I prefer they be drawn, not photographs, and they NEED clear lines. I HATE those puzzles of clouds or night skies- I need defining lines that I can put together! I love those "bepuzzled" ones that give you a little story to read and then you have to put the puzzle together without having any idea what you are making. And I love when they are used and I don't know how many pieces are in them. It makes me feel like I'm a actually solving a mystery instead of just putting little colored blocks together. Those Charles Wysocki puzzles are perfect for me- clear lines, definite colors.
Lotions and such?
I always need lotion- my hands are so dry! The more intense the better, and I guess the less-scented the better, though that's not as important. I sometimes put it on in a room full of people, and I feel bad if the room is suddenly filled with the smell of my lotion.
I love chapstick- or lip stuff of any kind. My lips are always dry! Burts Bees is amazing, or the "Natural Ice" stuff. I love how they feel- they sort of tingle. But I'm not fussy about my lip stuff- I'll use anything!
I wish I was a fingernail polish kind of person, but I'm not. I sometimes use it, and fun colors are always welcome- something bold or funky. I won't wear just a pink or red, that's not my style. But I also won't take care of it properly and it will chip off and then I'll have a half-polished finger but I won't really care. So the kid in me that likes fun things says "Yay, fingernail polish!" The grown-up in me says "You won't use it properly!" I'll leave it up to you!
I don't wear other make-up.
 Moshi Monsters? They're cute, but I don't collect them.
 Pets?
Otis (dog) and Lazarus (cat) like anything- and they can have pretty much anything. I just recently discovered the BEST toy for Otis- it's an old tire. Really, I went to the junkyard and got him an old tire, and he will chew on that for hours. It's outside, so he only gets to play with it outside, I'll bet he'd love an inside version! Laz just plays with whatever the dog has- he's a cat, that's what he does!
Fred (parrot) likes seeds and nuts and BELLS. He loves anything that makes noise- those little bugs that you squish and they go "blurbyblurbyblurby" are his favorite.
Please don't get any plush or vinyl chew toys for Otis- anything that could be mistaken for a pony or stuffed animal is bad. I don't want him chewing up my toys, so I don't want to send him any mixed messages about "you can chew this plush, but not this room full of toys."
Disney?
I don't collect the pins, though they look really cool!
Favorite Disney Movies, not in any order:
Tangled, Beaty & the Beast, Little Mermaid, Robin Hood, Goofy Movie.  I like them all, though! I love the Nightmare Before Christmas, but I never consider it a Disney movie. It's a Tim Burton Movie, and I love most of his stuff. Except Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Why????? Why, Tim Burton?????

Ok, that's enough for now. Egad, that's a lot of information! Don't steal my identity! LOL!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
Aurora, please don't tell me you think Planet of the Apes is a better Tim Burton movie than Charlie?

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
ROFLOL I love these question answer sessions.......whoooo hooooo for Tim Burton!!!

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
updated answers!
looking into a re-branding.

Offline sundaygirl

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Updated again on page 12.  :)

Sternenstaub

Will answer to all PMs when I wake up. It isn't my day today. :(

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Sorry you are having a bad stay Sternenstaub. :( I hope it gets better!

The Disney pins are cute, but I am not sure if I would use them or not. I do love Disney figurines and other miscellaneous stuff. I know this is Disney blasphemy, but I am not very fond of Mickey Mouse, LOL. His voice annoys me to death. But there are lots of Disney films I loved as a child and still do. Lion King (I love the hyena trio!), Oliver and Company, Fox and the Hound, Dumbo, Beauty and the Beast, Aristocats, Bambi, 101 Dalmations, Finding Nemo.....to name a few.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Sternenstaub

Thanks DazzleKitty.
We'll see what the next days bring.
I just need a bit sleep and to think about a few things...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal