collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sternenstaubs ADVENT CALENDAR SWAP 2012 - A Present A Day - All Boxes Arrived  (Read 41310 times)

Offline RedLynx

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I'm a big Disney fan.  Never grew up.  I do like pins.  Off the top of my head I love:

Bolt
Ratatouille
Tangled
Mulan
Tarzan
Aristocats
Oliver and Co.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 07:58:12 PM by RedLynx »

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Aurora, please don't tell me you think Planet of the Apes is a better Tim Burton movie than Charlie?

Haha! I never count anything with monkeys. Monkeys freak me out. But I think Tim went through a period where he just made some bad choices. I still love him, but for a few years there it was hard to invite him over for holidays- he was hanging out with a bad crowd, he used naughty language... He's better now, if he had messed up Alice I would have had to divorce him from the family. But he had me at Bandersnatch. (that never seemed like a naughty word until just now!)

Sternen, take your time! Get some sleep, drink some calming tea, and let us know if there's anything you need us to do. HUGS!

And I have a question.
 How about McDonald ponies? Do you have any that you are looking for? Do you use them to customize?

I do not need any of them, except the ones from the 1980's. But I have lots of extras!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
I personally quite liked Charlie.  I really enjoy watching it.  I don't particularly like Alice.  Oh well. 

Updating page 3 for the questions.

ETA:  We're currently reading Alice to my son.  He really loves it.   He has a great love of classic children's stories.  We are trying to nurture that.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 04:42:30 AM by xeevee »

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Thank you all for the hugs and good thoughts.  It helped very much.

I'll now go update my questions list now on page 14.  I'm away from home this weekend, but I should be able to do some extras shopping for my partner.

Elf

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
McDonalds ponies? I don't really collect these.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
I don't need any McDs ponies unless they are the rare 80s ones or Keychain AJ from last year or was that this year.... hrm this is how often I check XD
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Hey would anyone actually be sad to see some ponies on their wanted list used as extras in addition to the ponies required in the swap? LOL  I would like to get some extra ponies on top of those required.

For me I would totally not be upset by this at all as ponies are super wonderful!

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Phew, I think I'm all caught up on questions - reminder to my partner, they're on my wishlist, just follow the link in my sig :D

Offline RedLynx

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Realized I forgot Hercules!  Love that one.  Want to see Brave so bad, but it's hard to find a sitter (my mom is it), and if I have time I clean, nap, and customize.

I'd be just peachy with ponies as extras.  Might save my waistline!  Never thought to offer that before...good idea!  I'm sure I blow upwards of 20 bucks on snacks/treats...that's a few more ponies!

McDonald's ponies from 2011 would be cool.  I'm missing a few.  I'll go see which ones I have and report back!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 09:33:31 AM by RedLynx »

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
SHOOT!  I go on a one month leave from the arena and I completely missed this!  I was so wantin to do it this year as well.  Sigh.  :( 

HOpe everyone has fun. 

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
my actual pony ishlist has been updated with a coupel of ponies removed. I try not to shop while I'm in a swap, but I just got some ponies as a random gift :) 

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Ponies as extras- Of course! I know a lot of mine are harder to find, but I would be thrilled with getting more than the "required" amount of ponies! I love to spoil my partners in this swap especially, so I always go over! Granted, a few of them are already in my "trade" box...

Oh, and I realized that I do have some other things on my wishlist from other "collections!" I have a very small list of Transformers that I want- the vintage ones, from the 80's, please. I am looking for the dinobots (I have Grimlock), the Constructicons, Cosmos and Ravage. Cosmos is a little spaceship, Ravage is a cassette tape. I was working with a 21-year-old boy the other day at Target and there's a sign for the new Transformer's game. He said "since when do transformers have dinosaurs?" I stared at him for a moment and then punched him on the arm. (Not hard!) When he asked why I punched him, I told him it was because he's a whippersnapper, and there have been dinosaur transformers forever. And that was when I realized that Ponyland will not be complete until it has Dinobots.

Xeevee, that's funny! I think it's because I grew up on the Willy Wonka version, so when Charlie didn't quite match what was in my head, it seemed wrong. But Alice- he didn't try to change anything or re-do it, and (as previously mentioned) there was a Bandersnatch. The Jabberwocky has always been one of my favorite poems, it's the first one I memorized.
It's awesome that you are reading the classics to your son- how old is he?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 02:59:54 PM by Aurora »
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
@sabathamk:
I hope you'll in next year!!

@Aurora:
Thanks Sweetie!!
It was onlyone of these days where anything comes together... and today was another one of these...

But also good news-my digicam is back!!
It was broken last week and at least we still have warranty. I send it to the manufactor to repair and today - only 8 days later it come back! Yeah! That was fast.

And I have more things for my partners calendar now.

Offline RedLynx

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Got two pony items in for my partner today.  Hard to decide which things to pursue!

Man I type badly.  Edited for bad grammar!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 10:15:27 AM by RedLynx »

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
Xeevee, that's funny! I think it's because I grew up on the Willy Wonka version, so when Charlie didn't quite match what was in my head, it seemed wrong. But Alice- he didn't try to change anything or re-do it, and (as previously mentioned) there was a Bandersnatch. The Jabberwocky has always been one of my favorite poems, it's the first one I memorized.
It's awesome that you are reading the classics to your son- how old is he?

I also grew up with the old film.  However, I read the book before the film, and so the original never sat right with me.  I liked it, but it wasn't Charlie, so I tried to just like it for itself.  With Charlie, though he still changed a lot, it was much more true to the feel of Roald Dahl, so I enjoyed it much more.  The lyrics in the songs come straight from the book with only minor tweaking. It was great.

Remy is 6.  We have read a bunch of old Australian books to him (Muddleheaded wombat, Blinky Bill, Dot and the Kangaroo) as well as The Wizard of Oz, Moomintroll, and other things in that vain.  He really loves them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal