collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which generation is your favorite and why? Pick a gen and a reason!

G1
61 (34.7%)
G2
2 (1.1%)
G3
11 (6.3%)
G4
21 (11.9%)
I grew up with that generation.
46 (26.1%)
I didn't grow up with that gen, but I love the look of the toys.
12 (6.8%)
I love the show and characters.
13 (7.4%)
My first pony was from ____ generation so it's my favorite gen.
4 (2.3%)
Other.
6 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Author Topic: Why is G1/G2/G3/G4 your favorite gen?  (Read 1450 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Why is G1/G2/G3/G4 your favorite gen?
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2012, 03:20:15 PM »
G1 - nothing can compare - ponies, variety, accessories, playsets, merch - everything is wonderful :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2012, 06:34:28 PM »
I love all the Gens, but G1 is my favourite.  I grew up with them, but also I have a lot of nostalgia related to G1.  I remember my Mom buying me my first pony Cotton Candy, and then taking me back to the store the next night to get her a friend, Blossom.  (My Mom is still enabling me with Ponies.)   I remember my grandparents getting me the Dream Castle for my birthday one year and how excited they were to see how excited I was.  I remember my grandpa coming back from a trip with Powder, and buying me the Pretty Parlour when he won the lotto.  A lot of the G1s remind me of my family and the awesome childhood they gave me.

Elf

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2012, 06:44:39 PM »
At times i get a bit tired of the FIM main characters. Because their toys get re-released a million times, it's always them in any merchandise and even in the cartoon i kinda feel i have had it with certain problems. (Fluttershy is shy, Dash brags a lot, Twilight gets obsessed...) I think it wouldn't hurt to toss in some new pony characters.

I agree with this.  I really wish they would bring in more characters.  They are doing a little here and there, but I'd like more of it!

I'm actually really glad they haven't brought in too many minor characters as anything more than background fillers. I think one of the biggest draws to G4 that has helped amass such a huge new fanbase is the presence of somewhat mature, stable personalities we can depend on to grow and learn,as opposed to constant new ponies that may be difficult to bond with and care about because we just don't know anything about them. Plus, if the Derp pony is anything to go by, a large portion of the fanbase is perfectly content leaving background ponies where they are, preferring to make up their own personalities and stories rather than watch it, which I think is fantastic as it spurs on such a huge amount of creativity! It's amazing!

But that's all just my opinion  :blush: I'd LOVE to see more minor ponies made into toys, that would be awesome. But part of the show itself? Maybe not so much.
Interesting because the was how G3 mainly was and then it went to bore 7. 

We are G3 gals though we love G1 and G2 as well.  How can you not love a sock loving pony I ask yeah?
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2012, 06:49:53 PM »
I voted g1.  Although I only had a couple during my childhood, I never forgot them.  They evoke a special nostalgic feeling for me and, as much as I love other gens, I'm an 80s girl at heart.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2012, 06:53:40 AM »
Definitely G1's and definitely for nostalgia. :)

Gogobinsin

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2012, 09:05:53 AM »
I was born as G1 was ending but my older sister had (still has) a few G1's so I guess it was just because I grew up with that generation in my life that they're my favourite ^.^ I also love G4 mainly because of the show but when I saw that I could get my very own Twilight and co I just couldn't resist them and of course my collection didn't just stop when I got all of the mane six :D

Offline mondfee

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2012, 09:13:15 AM »
G1 and -you may have guessed it- because I grew up with them. I like how they're sculpted - those cute noses they have! I think that they resemble real horses more than any of the other generations. But the G3 are very cute as well, and G4 too - I love the TV show!

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2012, 11:46:11 AM »
I played with G1s as a kid, and love them. My collection started with G3s - I LOVE the fancy designs! But I think the G4s are growing on me as a fave at the moment because they're so tiny and cute :) I also like how I don't have to worry about placing the G4s around electronics... unlike the G3s with magnets... XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2012, 12:00:56 PM »
G1 is my absolute favorite. I didn't grow up with them (in fact, I didn't play with MLP at all as a kid), but I think they're the best looking out of all of the toys. They're the cutest, and they had some of the best concepts.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2012, 12:15:53 PM »
g1 cos I grew up with them! And although I like the newer ones too, the whole 'Nirvana' aspect I find to be like a big Easter Egg hunt!
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal