collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The bane of your pony existence?  (Read 8126 times)

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Re: The bane of your pony existence?
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2012, 09:11:43 PM »
MONEY! lol
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2012, 09:31:02 PM »
Running out of space :sad: And moving my ponies around so often. Stealing bookshelves.

Also I cannot stand that Pinkie Pie I CAN WALK ughhh..

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2012, 09:40:04 PM »
1: Exclusives and International ponies >_< We don't have Target over here, and our Toys R Us are actually franchised by a company called Toys Li-Fung instead of run by the real Toys R Us. This means that we won't be getting Target exclusives and a lot of TRU exclusives never make it over. Also, Hasbro Malaysia only sources from the US Hasbro where MLP is concerned, and to date I've only seen US MLP sets (although Sweet Slumbers and Cheerilee Schoolhouse made it over in large numbers).

2: Hasbro not bringing in certain toys. Hasbro Malaysia has their own marketing and survey team, and apparently they won't bring in some of the MLP toys because they think it wouldn't sell >_< .
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2012, 12:58:17 AM »
I learned something today! I had no idea filly princesses were so popular in Germany. I wouldn't buy any of them, but I might use the playsets for my blind bags since they seem to be the right size.

It's cause the company that makes them (Simba) is a german one. They're famous for knock-offs since... forever. xD
Back when they had their fake 'Sylvanian Families' called 'Bärenwald' ..and well, nowadays their MLP (filly) and MH (forgot the name) rip-offs.

So you could say, germany is like the NEST, the EGG, the WOMB, the MOTHERSHIP of this filly-invasion. And it really truly is one around here.... XD;
Lmao I've been to Germany twice now, but I suppose at the time I wasn't looking for toys so I didn't notice. You totally needs to post pics of the MH fakies!!

Sorry for the OT, but here's your pics, Rhini. They're called 'Mystic Girls' and well, THOSE are the bane of my MH existence, so you could just sum it up and say that simba is my bane. LOL.

There's even a fake of Lala's scooter around, and from far away those things give me the impression that the MH-aisle is PACKED to the brim.. just to come close and find out they're.. MYSTIC GIRLS. GRRRR! :<
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 06:59:26 PM by SourdoughStomper »

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2012, 03:14:53 AM »
My bane will probably shock most people but... accessories!! With the exception of Big Brother hats and Rockin Beat guitars I hate accessories!! I just received 3 FS G4s and the first thing I did... pulled off their annoying accessories :P

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2012, 03:22:47 AM »
My bane will probably shock most people but... accessories!! With the exception of Big Brother hats and Rockin Beat guitars I hate accessories!! I just received 3 FS G4s and the first thing I did... pulled off their annoying accessories :P

That's one of the greatest things about the MLP community - there's so many collectors who enjoy different things, and just about anything can find a home here - there are literally dozens of accessory collectors.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2012, 03:27:39 AM »

That's one of the greatest things about the MLP community - there's so many collectors who enjoy different things, and just about anything can find a home here - there are literally dozens of accessory collectors.

Yeah that's definitely the good thing about it, I can always offload accessories :P

TBH I suppose technically they aren't the bane of my pony-existence any more now I've just decided not to bother with them, but they were when I was trying to collect and catalogue them and decide what particular shade of pink this comb was and therefore which of the many ponies with this sort of comb it belonged to :P And baby sea pony floats - GAH! It was like a weight was lifted when I sold them all LOL! :P

Offline BigBrotherPony

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2012, 04:57:32 AM »
These...

They're called "Pony" and when I search for My Little Pony on any Swedish/Danish toysite I get like 10 results with actual My Little Ponies and 100 of these things >.<

Not to mention they also have pink boxes so everytime I go to a toystore and spot pink boxes with ponies I get all exited only to come up close and see.... THOSE things :< They're everywhere!
Actually one of the major toystores here in Sweden only have these and not the regular My Little Ponies which anoys me even further.

I feel your pain! These things are everywhere in Denmark!

Gross just gross ! They have completely taken over official ponies!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 06:59:41 PM by SourdoughStomper »

Water_Fire

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2012, 05:00:06 AM »
THIS!

Why is your tinsel such a sodding mess, Blossomforth?! I've done everything I can think of and it wont' de-snarl!! *cries*
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 06:59:54 PM by SourdoughStomper »

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2012, 06:31:00 AM »
Hubby.  Daughter's collection drives him nuts.  The fact that I customize the duplicates makes him nuttier.  Beats comic books in a box IMHO.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2012, 06:58:33 AM »

I have to agree, that Leap Frog Electronic is so annoying.    I'm waiting for the day when they don't carry them anymore.
My brother refuses to go down the isle with me because of it. 

My second pet peeve is people who way over price pony's at second hand sales.  There was  lady selling pony's 2 for $5.00 and it was mostly fakies, Mcdonalds pony's and super damaged pony's.  She obviously knew her pony's because anything in great shape was expensive. 

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2012, 07:49:40 AM »

I still love you anyway sweetie :P

I ll prepare to be pelted in fakies for this fakie irony but for me its fakies in general...I have bags and boxes of the blighters! I cant bring my self to throw them away but I also know no one is going to buy them or even potentially pay for shipping...so they just sit there with their sad, often dopey, little faces and stare out guilting me for not loving them.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2012, 07:53:55 AM »
*snickers* MH honestly. I stopped collecting for a bit because of them. DX

Or blindbags?

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2012, 07:59:34 AM »
Money.
Finding anything G4 in my area... they are ALWAYS out of stock.
Online Shipping ... why do you hate me so?

not going to lie..first thing that came to mind when reading the title of this thread was Bane .. not just any Bane... Dark Knight Rises Bane!
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2012, 08:03:38 AM »
I can't stand accessories either and I hate gimmicks. For example ponies that talk or have movable legs or things you press to make them do stuff. The only gimmicky things I am okay with are special wings and some of the jewel or raised butt marks.  So long as they are not excessively outrageous like those pocket bubble G1s were. I think it makes them ugly if they are too 3D.

I stopped collecting G1s in my teens because so many were all gimmicks. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal