collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: TY Beanie Babies!  (Read 7950 times)

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
Re: TY Beanie Babies!
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2012, 12:45:06 PM »
I have some too.  I recently gave away two of my butterflies to a friend who loves butterflies.  I think I have some cats and random others.  Most of which I do not want anymore.  There are only a few I want to keep like the snails and jellyfish.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 12:58:53 PM »
I used to adore the htings, but I never really collected them. I have Scorch the Dragon, in both large and small size still. I adore dragons!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 01:04:48 PM »
I never got into the craze, really.  I had a couple, but I never got wild with it.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 01:15:15 PM »
That's so funny! I just started looking at these on ebay today! I think I still have a bunch somewhere in closet.... I think maybe I'll go looking for them when I get home from work tonight!

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 01:36:58 PM »
I have some, but I never aimed at collecting them. it's just that they made some so odd and at the same time cool animals into beanies that I, as a tiny plush and odd plush lover, could by no means resist buying them  :lol:
some of them (including 3 jellyfish - 2 slightly different coloured Goochies and a smaller one who was a keychain originally - whom I usually refer to as a family :3 ; and also a squid) even sleep in our bed by my side :P silly boyfriend loves to "play" with them when he gets in the mood - he grabs their legs and hits the bed with their heads as if they were musical instruments. now that doesn't actually make me happy when it happens :mad:

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 01:37:57 PM »
Unfortunately, the ones I have that actually ended up valuable are all in very played-with condition, without their heart tags OR their butt tags.  Once we started keeping the tags on, everyone had got the bug.  So many people kept them in perfect condition because they were going to me OMG VALUABLE, that they really didn't become as collectible as we'd all thought.  Oh well, c'est la vie.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2012, 07:35:44 PM »
I'm a puff pony now. Yay!!!!!!!

I also bought them because they had weird animals you don't usually see in stuffed animals.  One of my favorites was a scarab. I also loved my platipus which at the time was weird (no longer now). 

I have a mothra beanie too.  Gotta love Mothra.

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2012, 08:44:44 PM »
I was crazy over beanie babies! I have loooaaads of the cats, and anything lizard/dragon, horses, and some dogs too. I have a lot of the Zodiacs and 2000 line as well as a lot before then too. I think I stopped really collecting around 2004, but I bought a few here and there since. I probably have around 60 or so..

I was VERY protective of my toys so they are all still in spick condition with their tags (and those little heart plastic things that protect them, i loved those haha).

My cousin when she was little went after every single one there was, she's an only child so her mom splurged on her often and as a result has bins and bins of them in storage in the garage. My aunt encouraged collections, and she also has a complete Pokemon card collection of all the old ones!! Whenever I went over I was very jealous lol!!

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2012, 10:00:47 PM »
I have a garbage bag full of the fool things, which hasn't seen the light of day in years. I mean, I have some of the bears out on a shelf, but that was it. The only one I keep on active display is the Color-Me-Dog which I colored like my dog Isis when I was younger, and she's my memory keepsake of her. As for the rest... Maybe I should toss em up for trade or something....

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2012, 11:20:46 PM »
I totally forgot I made this thread lol. But yay! So glad to see that everyone remembers and still has these guys! I thought about selling mine but I'm starting to love them again. I have them kind of displayed here and there in my room with even a small pile next to the wall since I'm running out of shelf space My favorite has to be my Zodiac tiger I got for my birthday years and years ago. He's in like really good condition with his tag in a protector thing <3

If anyone is selling the cats for cheap please PM me! I'd love to buy some for my sister! She only has a few.. Beanie, Chip, Snip, Salem.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 11:22:34 PM by karrie91 »

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2012, 11:40:56 PM »
I absolutely adore these toys. I grew up collecting Beanie Babies, not MLP, so they just have too many memories attached for me to not ever be fond of them. Even when I was small, it was a dream of mine to have all of my Beanie Babies passed down to my own kids someday, so I'm saving them up for that! My favorite was always Happy the hippo. What wasn't to love? He was a purple hippo!

A part of me is a little sad that they really aren't truly collectable anymore because of the whole craze, but who cares? They're still very fun to have and collect, and to see other kids play with. A part of me can't help but wonder if they will ever make a comeback, but it doesn't really matter. They are what they are. :)

I still buy them when I see them, but usually not for more than $1. Also, 1999 is my cutoff. I like the vintage ones best.

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2012, 01:23:35 PM »
Still haven't gone through my closet. They're completely buried in there somewhere... (have really deep closets). I'm curious as to how many I actually have left!

Water_Fire

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2012, 01:43:33 PM »
I had a few as a kid, I don't know what happened to them though. Probably got thrown out :(

I know my MIL collects them, I should ask her about them!

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Trade Count: (+275)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2012, 01:47:44 PM »
I have a ton of them that I am gladly willing to give away/trade/sell cheaply if the person interested pays the shipping.

Hmmm  I beleive they are at my parents home which means I don't have access to them until I go back home to visit  >_<

there may be a 3 hour drive in my near future lol

uggh

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2012, 02:16:52 PM »
I have a few, I sold most of mine when I could get good money for them.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal