collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: TY Beanie Babies!  (Read 7951 times)

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
Re: TY Beanie Babies!
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2012, 06:19:39 PM »
I have over 200 of them and I don't think any of them are worth anything cept for maybe Princess Diana. I can't get rid of them though because it was a hobby I did with my Great Grandma. There are just too many memories attached to each of them that I can't let them go. I am a bit torn because I wish they were worth something like we hoped, but I'm also glad I can get some of the ones I really wanted as a kid.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2012, 08:51:06 PM »
a great way for people to get rid of them if they are taking up space is to donate them to toys for tots!  :)  if they still have their tags and are in new shape they take them <3     
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2012, 09:00:15 PM »
I loved these things as a kid! I remember travelling around Ohio going from McDonalds to McDonalds to grab the toys with my dad! I still have those all in bags I think....

I don't think any of them are worth anything cept for maybe Princess Diana.
I love <3 Princess Diana Bear! (Named after her) I saw four and a big one at a Good Will a couple months ago, should I have made an Army with them?
Beanie Babies are floating around everywhere now. I guess they made too many to be super collectible.

I know I have a bunch in the guest room and in the family storage unit, I guess I should check up on them.

I loved them so much I even painted portraits of them in pastels on canvas.  :art:

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2012, 09:06:23 PM »
I have Princess Diana Bear as well. I don't think she's even worth anything lol I saw a bunch of beanie babies at the thrift the other day. I didn't buy any because I didn't have a lot of money to spend lol. It was my first time going :P

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline TrixieStix

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2012, 09:14:13 PM »
Yeah I see them a lot, but even if I love them like the cats, I haven't picked them up because I am saving my money for other things. Are there specific cats you want? If I ever see em in good condition I will know someone will at least WANT to hug them and give them a home!

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2012, 11:32:12 PM »
Diana bear makes me laugh on ebay, cause she's like half a million in some auctions... and half a dollar in others! XD

If I had room to display them I would but otherwise they're packed up. I'm trying to fine tune my collections so I may give the beanies away eventually.

Though.... I've ALWAYS wanted Bernie the Saint Bernard....

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2012, 07:28:47 AM »
Beanie Babies are floating around everywhere now. I guess they made too many to be super collectible.
yeah, I think this should be the case. mine are all second hand (they weren't available in shops here), but none of them cost more than a dollar, and most of them had their tags. I don't mind that they aren't worth much as I don't buy the ones I like for valuable collection purposes, just because they are cute, but I can see why this can annoy some collectors.

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2012, 09:31:48 AM »
I never really actively collected them. I just have a few that I thought were nifty. I have Sly the fox, a brown horse I got for my 16th birthday, my husband and I both have a Scorch the dragon. In lieu of my guinea pig collecting, I also have a small guinea pig plush by them, a big one that I got after my Atomic Fireball died and a small guinea pig Ty keychain that I got recently that looks like my dearly departed Vixen. The large guinea pig plush looks like her too. I call it my Vixen plush. I also have the colorful zodiac rat since that's what I am on the Chinese zodiac and a penguin that came in a gift set with Mr. Popper's Penguins.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2012, 09:47:30 AM »
I loved those beanies! I still have most all of them. That's not surprising as I love my stuffed animals and got rid of very few from my childhood. Most of my TY beanies are cats as I always wanted a cat as a child but my parents didn't so they would just get me plush kitties. I had little kitties and then the bigger Cole and Spice (who were a couple and parents to the smaller kitties). Cole is a little worn because I used to cuddle with him all the time. He was also part of my Halloween costumes for the couple years in a row that I was a witch. People thought I was carrying around a real cat when they just glanced at him.

I also have some seals (I love seals!), a dolphin, Nanook the husky, and a dragon I got at a yard sale that has always been sitting on my desk and watching me work. His poor head is so floppy but I love him.

I think the last beanie I bought was Whisper the deer because deer are kind of my spirit animals. I know a lot of people don't like them and they're pests, but I love seeing all the deer around my house. I even talk to them and they don't always run away as long as I don't startle them.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 09:49:27 AM by keylimepony »
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2012, 10:46:36 AM »
I've got a whole bin bag full of beanies :D They're all 90's I think, from this garden centre we went to for lunch each week when I was a kid, so I got a new beanie almost every week xD I love them, and they've nearly all got their tags/protectors still on.
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2012, 12:05:39 PM »
Omgs I have A HUGE collection and I have all of them on my bed haha! I cut all the tags off because I'm never interested in reselling... I love beanie babies so much!

My new love is Jellycat though  :D I collect the rabbit lines because I love rabbits. http://www.jellycat.com/ !

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2012, 01:43:00 PM »
i have a few somewhere, i loved them so much, i'd always go into the beanie baby store at the mall and pick out a new one. and one time out grocery store started carrying them! they had a blue jay and spike the rhino and i wanted them so bad i played with them every time i was there. and then one day they were gone and i cried so hard all day because i was saving my quarters for them (grandma would give me a quarter every time i rubbed her back an hour or helped her carry in groceries) and my birthday was a week later and grandma had bought them for me as a birthday present! lol that's why they weren't there! i'm sad to say that i think my blue jay ended up on a yard sale, but i think i still have spike somewhere. mom always sold off our old toys :( it makes me sad.

my swap partner from christmas sent me a cute little husky one that i have sitting next to my bumble bee ones (they're rounded bees) :D so i guess i still buy em if they're absolutely adorable.

Offline TrixieStix

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2012, 03:03:09 PM »
Mr. Popper's Penguins.

I love love love Mr. Popper's Penguins. I did a horrible but funny now to look at, homemade video, and I pulled a penguin out of a box with a string when the package arrived to Mr. Popper.

Nanook the husky

Yes! <3 I adore the husky!

Offline babyheartthrob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2012, 02:51:24 PM »
Ohh Beanie Babies  :)

I've collected them since the mid 90's (around the time the Princess bear was just being released). I don't actively collect anymore (well not the newer ones), but I have a soft spot for the Peace bears and will gladly purchase them when ever I see them. I currently have about 200 peace babies, 3 or 4 of the mini(jingle) beanies, 5 buddies, 1 large buddy, 2 extra large buddies and 1 Jumbo buddy. I also have 1 of the newer "blue" peace bears and 1 of the newest ones that was released more recently. I need to finish setting them up in the curio cabinet and post a picture  :)

If anyone has any Peace bears, in any size(or any of the ty-dyed bears/bunnies) I'd be very interested in taking them off your hands just send me a message  :)

Bri  ;)

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2012, 11:22:42 PM »
I love Beanie Babies. I have far too many of them at home!

Admittedly I also have quite a few here...flea market had them a dollar each and I couldn't resist. I even get doubles when they're cheap. They're just so cute.

If anyone wants to get rid of some, I make art in trade. :good:

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal