collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Childhood Regrets?  (Read 1407 times)

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Childhood Regrets?
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 10:00:28 PM »
I regret ripping the head off of my pink sea pony when I was little because I wanted to know how the heck it floated like it did. I was in the tub and mom said if you rip it off, you won't be able to use it anymore. I went and ripped it off right there. Found the metal slag and off the pony went from my hands to the trash. She was my only sea pony.

Yes, learning how it floated was more important then the pony at that age lol.

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2012, 01:26:50 AM »
I played with my ponies everywhere, especially the bath. Then we just put them into an old, wooden cupboard in the bathroom after I took my baths. They all (except one Sweet Stuff) got very moldy so my mom had to throw them out. The worst? My Barnacle, he was my favorite and suffered the most from mold and mildew :(

Offline MnDancer

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2012, 01:34:45 AM »
When I was 12 I got the full set of TAF Baby Ponies, the first and only time my mom sprung for a whole set of ponies from the mail-order point program. I loved them all, but felt for some odd reason, that Baby Up, UP, and Away was under-loved so I put her in my pocket and took her with me when my Dad took my brother and I to Wendy's and then to see Terminator 2 in the theater. Somewhere during that outing, the pony fell out of my pocket and I lost it, but my Dad refused to take me back to look for it. I was always sad about that because it was the only pony I had ever lost and later finding out how much it was worth was even more heart-wrenching!
:art:Pony lover since 1983 :rainbow:

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, 01:57:45 AM »
I have similar regrets on other toys, but not on ponies - I kept all of them and they are all in great shape too :)

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 02:17:49 AM »
I sold my ponies when I had "grown out of them" for 20p each. I guess my only regret would be that I didn't ask for more! :biggrin:

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2012, 02:45:59 AM »
I don't really regret giving my childhood ponies away as at the time I thought I was done with them and would never want or need ponies again (how wrong can one person be?!?!) and I don't like to waste time on regret, it can't be changed. That said of course I wish I still had them.

If I did still have them I wouldn't regret the shape they were in either, I had so much fun with them that the hair cuts, marks, rust and frizz would all have been happily accepted at this stage in my collecting. I'd probably have a 'collection' condition version of each anyways ;)

The one thing that torments me is what happened to the two I saved. I kept Applejack and Fireball in my box of memory stuff and I know for a fact my parents would never get rid of anything without my say-so and I also know I didn't give them away, but they're long gone and I don't know where. I don't regret it because I didn't do it but it bothers me a lot.

Offline nearlyheadlessnayy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2012, 03:36:22 AM »
My biggest regret:
"Is it okay if I put these ponies in storage whilst we move"
"Yeah okay"

They never did come back apart from Gusty who I kept out to ride in the car with me.
I fear I'll never find them :(
*Thanks Tinrobo for my avatar! <3**

mooology

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2012, 03:54:17 AM »
I regret letting my mom talk me into putting 85% of my ponies into storage as she wanted me to be more mature...sigh just found out they were thrown out:(

That's awful :( Sucks when parents don't understand.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2012, 05:49:44 AM »
I think when I was four or five my Mom let me pick out two ponies at a toy store, not sure which one it was.  I picked out Princess Royal Blue and Teeny Tiny Baby Little Whiskers.  Later on, a friend of mine brought to my house some ponies for me to pick out to have.  I picked out So Soft Twist, Princess Starburst, Moondancer (with a cut tail) and I think that's it.  I gave them to a childhood friend of mine who lived in the neighborhood when I was around thirteen.  I thought I was too old for ponies and gladly gave them to her.  I remember in our neighborhood we'd have days where we would go over each others houses and play with our ponies together.  My next door neighbors had paradise estate and we would all play with that together as well.  I remember everyone had tons more ponies than I did.  I was more into collecting barbies during my childhood.  I think when I was seventeen I saw a commercial for the cotton candy cafe and was super excited that my little pony was back.  I never saw anything about G2's. (lol).  I wanted to start collecting G3's but thought I was way too old.  I started doing it secretly then it became obvious.  During my adult years I began to recollect G1's, trying to get the collecting I never had and should have had.  I don't have as many as other people but I've probably tripled the amount I had when I was a kid.

I also remember playing with my original two ponies in our pool, I guess I was pretending they were sea ponies. (lol)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2012, 05:56:45 AM »
No regrets - I loved my ponies and they were revered lol - combed and cleaned and played with - they couldnt doubt I loved them. I dont have them anymore as my mum did give them away...but at least another little girl got to love them all over again :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2012, 11:25:04 AM »
I regret not getting mail order ponies. I didn't understand how it worked and I would have had to beg mom to help me. So I figured it was too hard to get them. I felt lucky when I was allowed to get a pony from the store let alone try to mail away for one! 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Alatariel-Silimaure

• Rainbow Glitter Bomb Pony
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2012, 11:29:48 AM »
I'm not sure where a lot of my childhood ponies are, but I never got rid of any of them, I was too attached to them all. every time i come across one of my ponies in a box I freak out!

I'm still missing my WIgwam, baby drummer, Creamsicle, Kingsley, baby pockets, one of my sweet heart sisters, Beachball, baby dangles... and many others v.v

so far I've found my Twice as fancy Yum Yum, Sugar Apple, one of my sweet heart sisters, and Baby Hoppy

Check out my Sales! MLP, Non MLP, customs, and more!

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2012, 11:42:18 AM »
Thank god I never got rid of my actual ponies, or most of the playsets. But I used to have a ton of petite ponies, and the castle playset for the petites. I still have he carousel and about 7 or 8 of the pp's. My mom hinks that there might be a slim chanse of the castle and other ponies being in the garage with other garage sale toys, but I'm not holdin' my breath.
I also used to have the MLP bath tub, but I think I sold that as well.
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal