collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Childhood Regrets?  (Read 1391 times)

Binny

• Trade Count: (0)
Childhood Regrets?
« on: July 21, 2012, 04:21:51 PM »
Long before I started collecting, when I was little, I used to have a few ponies that I used as toys. I didn't think to save them (not that it would have helped much, I played with them in the water so they'd probably be a moldy mess by now >_<), but even so, they would have been my firsts. The ones I can distinctly remember are Twinkler, Sky Rocket, Raincurl and Sky Dancer.

So, anyone else had similar experiences? :cry:

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
Re: Childhood Regrets?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 04:26:32 PM »
I had a ton of ponies when I was little; they were my favorite type of toy. When I was around 10, though, my mom gave them all away to a local pre-school. I thought I was too cool for ponies at the time, so I didn't protest. They would have been in awful shape if I still had them, but I still kinda wish they were here. Sometimes I wonder what happened to them, and where they all ended up...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 04:34:18 PM »
I did not have a lot of toys so for the most part I took extra good care of them.  Mom didn't like us to have tons like most of my friends. So we really loved what we had and were appalled at friends who abused their toys. Only my earliest toys suffered injury at my hands. After that I played very nicely with them.  I regret a hair cut to Starshine and playing so hard with Butterscotch that mom threw her out. But these two were easily replaced. I tried to deflock a gusty too and that was a disaster.

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 04:38:32 PM »
In childhood... only really that I ever stopped collecting. :lol:  If I had followed true to me and not tried to "fit in" and all that teenaged angsty nonsense, I'd prolly have been happier and have a way larger collection. :P  Or not, hard to say.  Sometimes life throws you a knuckleball when you least expect it.

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 04:43:15 PM »
I guess my only regret would be that I have NO idea whatever happened to my one and only sea pony. I can't even remember which one it was that I had. Other than that, i have my childhood ponies. Sadly, Masquerade came down with cancer.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 04:59:04 PM »
That I threw my ponies away not only once, but twice. One, as a result of blaming them for some personal issues. My dad saved them and scolded me. So the second time was in spite of him.

Sometimes I beg him to give them back, because he knew I did it a second time, and I hoped he had saved them and put them away for me for the future.... but he keeps telling me, he was mad at me so he didn't do that.

I was lucky that my herd was split in two (two houses) and the ones that were packed away at my mom's house survived. (sigh).

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 05:18:06 PM »
no regrets.  who knew I'd still like them in 25+ years!? I didn't at the time, they were just some of the toys we played with.  it's okay its made it fun to hunt. ^_^

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 05:31:59 PM »
My only childhood regret is marking my initial under their feet, but it's not too bad since you can't see it on display :) Thankfully I kept all mine! However, I did get rid of my Polly Pockets and Bitsy Bears and my mom got rid of the stuff that she thought took up too much room like My Pretty Pony and Baby Bonnet School of Dance :(
My Wish List

Offline dxgirly

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 05:36:56 PM »
My only childhood regret is marking my initial under their feet, but it's not too bad since you can't see it on display :) Thankfully I kept all mine! However, I did get rid of my Polly Pockets and Bitsy Bears and my mom got rid of the stuff that she thought took up too much room like My Pretty Pony and Baby Bonnet School of Dance :(

Bitsy Bears! I had forgotten about those until I just read this!!

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 05:40:01 PM »
I wish I had told everyone to stop buying me Care Bears and Pound Puppies and Cabbage Patch Kids and make with the ponies instead :lol:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 05:42:33 PM »
no regrets.  who knew I'd still like them in 25+ years!? I didn't at the time, they were just some of the toys we played with.  it's okay its made it fun to hunt. ^_^
The same, no regrets. After all no one can see the future or know that we we would all be here wanting to collect ponies. A person has to find their own way and sometimes it's the loss I think that brings us back. A good example the whole reason I found this place or started looking around was because my wife mentioned her old lost Barnacle, and I found my old ponies and started looking through the ones I no longer had/missing trying to find them. If I had them all (or with any other item matter of fact) I probably would never have showed up. There wouldn't be a need for it. ^.^
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

moondancer

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 06:18:53 PM »
I had several when I was a little, and I often wondered where in the basement they could possibly be. One day I started digging through dozens of dusty boxes and, I found my Flutterbye! She was in surprisingly good condition with very minimal tangling to the hair, for being in the bottom of a dirty, dusty old box. I brushed her and wiped he up and she looked like new. I was so happy :) There are still more....somewhere. Just have to find them.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 08:47:37 PM »
I regret letting my mom talk me into putting 85% of my ponies into storage as she wanted me to be more mature...sigh just found out they were thrown out:(
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 09:09:28 PM »

Bitsy Bears! I had forgotten about those until I just read this!!

Yay! Someone else had Bitsy Bears! :hifive:
My Wish List

Offline RavenFeather

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 09:17:00 PM »
I regret letting my little cousin play with my Applejack as a kid.  She ripped her tail out and threw it away when I wasn't looking.  Next day (My grandma had been watching us both, and the next day it was just me) I found my AJ hiding in my Grandma's closet, and the garbage man had already come by!

I also regret ever taking my ponies to my mom's work!!  I lost Baby Drummer...And he was never seen again.
 Thanks Bronely!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal