collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have you ever been so set on not liking something, then end up liking it?  (Read 1204 times)

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Yeah, this happens to me quite often and I was just curious on if anyone else had any experiences like this! :P It could be movies, music artists, toys, shows, food, anything!

I remember when Napoleon Dynamite came out I was NOT going to watch it, I refused! Simply because everyone loved it. I finally did watch it and to this day it is one of my all time favorites. Haha x3 I did the same thing with Katy Perry. While I still don't like her older songs, I feel what she's making now is really up my alley and I'll actually listen to them :P

Share your own little stories with the rest of us! :3
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
Lady Gaga, Monster High, Perez Hilton, mayonnaise (I love Vegenaise) ... first four things that come to mind.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
Diet Coke (used to abide carbonated drinks), leggings (I still hate them on other people when it looks lazy and gross, but wow they're comfy), painting my nails neatly (I used to chip them on purpose for a more grungey look, can't stand it now XD) and naval piercings - really want one!!
Fight like a girl..

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
... Perfume Puff ponies.  XD  *snuggles Red Roses*

I hated belly button piercings until one day I saw a cute one.  A few months later, I had one and I love mine.

Sweet potatoes.  I used to think they were weird and gross until someone finally forced me to actually TRY one.  I love them!  Mashed sweet potatoes, sweet potato fries, sweet potato chips, broiled with brown sugar, I love them all!  So yummy.

Several other foods went a similar way to the sweet potatoes.  I was a very picky eater as a kid and I'm slowly adding new foods to my diet.  Just not cheese.  Bleh!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 10:37:33 AM by ZennaBug »

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
I generally try to keep an open mind these days and give everything a chance before I dismiss it.
With that beeing said I still refuse to get an iPad or iPhone or I this or I that or any new gadgets really. Everyone seems to have them and that is one reason I won't get one. Because I don't wanna be just like everyone else XD Besides I can't justify spending that much on a gadget that gets outdated in a week >.< But we'll see if I'll change my mind one day about that :P Still haven't gotten an MP3 player either so it might be a long long time untill I change my mind about those things.

Other than that I try everything. Food, music, movies etc. at least once before I make a judgement on it.

However, it was different when I was younger. There were loads of things I swore I'd never do. Such as starting to use make-up or get a drivers licence. I felt make-up was stupid and I didn't want to drive cars cuz' they ruin our planet.
Nowdays I don't leave the house without make-up and without the car XD
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
3.5s. I went to Kmart in, I want to say October, looking for some G4s. They didn't have anything I didn't have already, but they last 3.5 they had was Scootaloo. I just stared at her and then got her. Now I love the 3.5 toys! :heart: I love their eyes!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline RavenWolf

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I've had a few over the years. I liked my music tapes so I resisted changing to CDs then I did and ended up liking them better, then resisted Mp3 players until I ended up with one, Now I absolutely love my MP3 player to the point that I put a new stereo in my car just so I could hook my MP3 player up to it.

The main one that comes to mind is Harry Potter. I absolutely hated it for years! I thought it was the stupidest thing ever with all the hype and news reports about it... then I was watching my nephews one night and they insisted on watching Chamber of Secrets on TV... Once I gave it a chance I was completely hooked I rented Sorcerers Stone the next night and by the end of that week I had read the first three books and could hardly wait the three weeks until Prisoner of Azkaban movie came out. ;)

I did a similar thing with Twilight, the previews made it seem like this stupid teen movie, especially since my nieces where all nuts over it... I gave it a try and ended up liking it and ended up read all 4 books in a weekend. ;) Other things have been, Lady Gaga, Make it or Break it, I was a really picky eater as a kid as well so I'm constantly finding new foods that I like, I just discovered that I really like Ceaser dressing.

I've learned over the years to not hate anything until I've given it a fair try. :)

Boldly going where no pony has gone before...

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
The Good Wife! I thought it was going to be this crappy procedural, didn't get the acclaim. Then I watched this amazing documentary called America in Primetime on PBS. This episode was about women being portrayed in the media throughout the years. So they spoke a little bit about The Good Wife and I thought hey, why not give it a shot. Borrowed the first disc and watched it. Instantly hooked!
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
I have a new one!  MTV's show Awkward.  It's Glee meets Sex and the City.  Love it.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
I can't come up with anything. But I can come up with the reverse. I wanted to like sushi so much because it looks so neat. But I didn't like it. I tried it repeatedly, determined to like it, until I made myself sick. Now even just the smell of it makes me sick. I can't stomach the nori apparently. *continues on quest to find a way to make sushi without nori*

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Bratz!  I totally hated them when they first came out because I thought they looked so skanky!  Now my house is over-run with them and I think they are really pretty.  LOL

Here is a pic of ONE of my display cases:

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
Kai,  you should try sashimi which is made without the rice and nori. Then again it is just the raw slices of fish/seafood but I think it is even tastier that way.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
LOL That'd work if I liked fish. :silly:  But it's the rice part I like. I just eat rice balls while everyone else eats sushi.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline rearing_palomino164

• MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
Oh gosh yes! Especially bands for me!! And some foods. I remember I always hated tea, but now I love it.

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
G3.
And G4.
Lady Gaga. (some songs are really cool)
Smartphones (I still refuse to own one, but I am starting to see the fun side now.)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal