collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Discussion  (Read 76691 times)

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Official Monster High Discussion
« Reply #525 on: July 29, 2012, 11:56:43 AM »
What do the ST dolls retail at? Like nearly $25 or something (counting tax and all that)..? Because that would be (guesstimating them at $25 each for an easy number to work with), $75... which doesn't seem.. right. To me, at least. Everyone is so upset about how much she is costing on eBay (around that mark), but fail to factor in that when you trade you still paid money for those dolls. And I wouldn't want to think about the money shipping three dolls would be (assuming they needed to be kept MIB for shipping).

Heh, I think that comes off as me "whining".. but I guess my method of thinking is if people are so upset at what Scarah's are worth after market right now, they shouldn't be spending more than $40 plus shipping on her (even in trade value). I think I just went all derp here and am making no sense.. haha.
Just curious, would the 3 Scary Tales dolls be a fair trade for MIB Scarah Screams?

I totally get it....I was just going by the est. of $80 from a previous post by someone who was talking about a Rebecca/Venus trade for a SS. I'm thinking that ST's are approx. $22 (not sure as I don't have a Target)......anyways, I was just curious and decided to ask....

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 29, 2012, 11:57:47 AM »
Quick question for everyone! Is there a difference between Wave 1 Draculaura and the rerelease in terms of her face-up? Thanks!

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 29, 2012, 11:59:34 AM »
Oh.  I hadn't factored in shipping.  I've never done a trade before :blush:  I prefer to buy things outright.  But still I don't see the ST dolls holding any value down the line.  They aren't Limited Editions or anything, right?  Scarah will only go up in value.  As much as I want her, I suggest everyone who has one hold on tight:)

Post Merge: July 29, 2012, 12:05:20 PM

When the re-releases first hit the shelves, I saw a whole case on the shelf.  The re-release case has 2 Lala's in it.  I swear one had the original wide set eyes, and the other had eyes more like the releases of today.  I'm not sure if this was a fluke or not.  I haven't payed any attention since then.  But I thought it was quite interesting, to say the least:)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 12:05:20 PM by grzankitter »
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Novavelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #528 on: July 29, 2012, 12:33:13 PM »
Scary tales are $22.99 plus tax, when I purchased my three it came out to just shy of $75 with tax... so a fair price would be $25 each.

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #529 on: July 29, 2012, 02:09:58 PM »
Wow! look at prices of Holt in amazon  :shocked:

I hope they release him soon, hopefully wit movable wrists... maybe his appearense in the GR movie is a sign?

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
« Reply #530 on: July 29, 2012, 03:18:27 PM »
Woo-hoo! Thank you so much for mentioning Love's carries Monster High dolls! I grabbed a Venus today and my boyfriend picked me up a Robecca in Ohio. <3 I had to pick up the Robecca I saw at the one near me to admire her... she is so awesome!

I also got Dot Dead Gorgeous Lagoona, the final DDG girl I need until the Wal*Mart 3 pack comes out. Yessss!

Also - a heads up to anyone looking for the new Dead Tired girls, DDG, or GR. Gordmans has TONS of these! I saw around 4 of each doll there. I have never seen such a fully stocked shelf here! So, those of you who are looking for the DT girls - head to Gordmans if you've got one!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 29, 2012, 03:20:41 PM »
I live in Canada, so we don't have Gordman's...or any of the other shops the DT girls are showing up at, for that matter. Sometimes I can't stand Mattel's distribution. I mean, we're right connected to the US! Right on top, like a big misshapen hat!

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
« Reply #532 on: July 29, 2012, 03:22:38 PM »
Awww. :( If I had the extra cash I would have picked up some to sell to people who are looking... but unfortunately I only had enough for the two girls I grabbed today.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 29, 2012, 03:50:06 PM »
Ok the results from my experimenting on Rochelle with the Twin Pines formula 9-1-1: It worked! She still has some greasy spots i missed (i was being tight with the formula and eager to finish) But there is a definite improvement! The parts that were covered in alot of formula are 100 times better and my Rochelle had /bad/ glue seepage. I'll fix up the bits i missed when i do Meowlody next. I'll post again afterwards with how it goes.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 29, 2012, 04:17:51 PM »
Sometimes I can't stand Mattel's distribution. I mean, we're right connected to the US! Right on top, like a big misshapen hat!

This! :biggrin: Dear Mattel, stop neglecting your big misshapen hat! We're such a cute and friendly big misshapen hat! :silly:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 29, 2012, 04:51:35 PM »
Sometimes I can't stand Mattel's distribution. I mean, we're right connected to the US! Right on top, like a big misshapen hat!

This! :biggrin: Dear Mattel, stop neglecting your big misshapen hat! We're such a cute and friendly big misshapen hat! :silly:

Concurred! We keep your national head warm :)

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 29, 2012, 04:59:32 PM »
LiquidCyanide:  I've got some questions for you:)

Did you wash out the degreaser or not?  My Clawd's hair would feel better when I used the degreaser (something I'd never heard of, just bought it because I was tired of looking for the Goof Off 2) but as soon as I would wash it out, he'd feel terrible again:( 

Did the degreaser clean all the way through the hair or just the scalp area?  Again when I used the stuff I bought, I couldn't get the length of his hair clean.

I ran out tonight to see if I could find the RM 2 pack.  Of course I could not because I live in Michigan:)  But I did find, not one but TWO 1600 Clawds.  How random is that?  I went to a Kmart I never shop, so I don't know how long they've been laying around.  I wonder if he weasled his way back into the 1600 cases (here in the U.S.)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 29, 2012, 05:05:44 PM »
Awww. :( If I had the extra cash I would have picked up some to sell to people who are looking... but unfortunately I only had enough for the two girls I grabbed today.
If you think you're going to go back any time soon just give me a shout and I can paypal you right away!

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 29, 2012, 05:23:51 PM »
grzankitter: What i did was apply it full strength to the worst parts (near the roots) and then comb it through the lengths of the hair. I kept combing it for a few minutes, added some water and scrubbed her hair with my fingertips, then washed it off. The lengths aren't as clean feeling as the roots but it definately doesn't look/feel greasy anymore. Hope that helped :)

biologistkid

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #539 on: July 29, 2012, 05:51:32 PM »
Just as a quick update for anybody near the area or looking:

Angola, IN Wal-mart has Robecca and Venus as of today. I think somebody hit the store before I got there because there was only one of each doll (one was on the "new dolls" shelf, the other was tucked in with the Monster High girls).

The Midwest is finally being distributed to, yay!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal