collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Discussion  (Read 76684 times)

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Official Monster High Discussion
« Reply #510 on: July 29, 2012, 08:40:59 AM »
I am right here with you. No Toralei :( I'm also hoping for a re-release.... they did it for Spectra.....
I'm also hoping for a Ghoulia signature re-release and a Lagoona (wave 1 or wave 2) re-release.

They still sell loads of signature Ghoulia's over here, heck it's the only doll I usually see in stores! Same goes for Toralei, they're starting to release her more often over here.

Seriously? You are super duper lucky! :O
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Alicat

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #511 on: July 29, 2012, 08:41:25 AM »
I totally didn't find anything to buy while I was in Ohio... nope, nothing at all....  :whistle:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The MLP stuff was actually found at a Target in Ann Arbor after we got back

Oh, and thanks to a member on here who mentioned finding Venus and Robecca at a Love's truck stop, I stopped at one when I spotted it on I-75 (exit 67, just south of Toledo, if anyone is around there). There were 4 of each there (3 of each now), and a bunch of new DT dolls as well

That was me! I know, so random, right!!  I though everyone missed my tip! Glad you got them!! $5 is  MUCH better than Evilbay and Amazon!

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 29, 2012, 09:03:11 AM »
Dinobuzz:  I looked through my bookmarked MH sites and don't have that one :(  I second the need for that link guys!  I've also got a doll with a bum leg.

Abbey's SS release is a bit more glittery than her other releases, I've heard.  They all have the glitter, but as you said, SS seems to be slathered in it:)

As for Toralei, I think you're out of luck for the moment:(  I don't know of any plans to re-release her, but the 2012 re-releases came outta nowhere, so there's hope!  Just stalk this thread.  If she comes back, you'll hear it here first:)  We've got some "in the know" people here.  Because of them, I've been able to get quite a few dolls.  And there are lots who go the extra mile to get you what you need:)  You'll LOVE it here.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 29, 2012, 09:36:24 AM »
Just finished a custom. Sadly, no my mermaid. I'll have to contact Dollyhair to get my money back since my mohair never arrived.

But I had a dismember GB Lala lying around and I rehaired her in yarn and painted her a bit. :D
I'll get pics when I take pics for ANTM
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #514 on: July 29, 2012, 09:57:25 AM »
I am right here with you. No Toralei :( I'm also hoping for a re-release.... they did it for Spectra.....
I'm also hoping for a Ghoulia signature re-release and a Lagoona (wave 1 or wave 2) re-release.

They still sell loads of signature Ghoulia's over here, heck it's the only doll I usually see in stores! Same goes for Toralei, they're starting to release her more often over here.

Seriously? You are super duper lucky! :O

I guess you could see it that way.  ^^;
We're just terribly behind and a lot of things don't get released.

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 29, 2012, 10:14:00 AM »
I just need a minute to pout:(  Not having Scarah makes me sad.  I keep checking ebay, and she's going for $90 to over a hundred EVERYTIME!  It's not that I don't have the money, but I can't own a hundred dollar doll.  I'd want to take her out of her box, and if I pay $100 for her, that's not going to happen.  And I'd always look at her and ask myself 'what have I done?'  Almost 5 times the purchase price?

I'm gonna make a custom Hoodude, because in all honesty, I think I can do better.  In my mind, if I can pull this off, he'll be posable too:)  Maybe I should look into snagging Scarah all by herself?  No.  I need the box art and diaries too:(  Curse my self diagnosed OCD:)

Sorry guys:(  Just had to vent alittle.  Is anyone out there still looking, or is it just me?
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 29, 2012, 10:44:06 AM »
I'm having a opposite and quite unfair problem I'm afraid :/ I managed to snag Scarah on mattycollector, but have since found that I don't really like her or hoodude. I'm considering finding someone to trade with since I'm still looking for Robecca, venus and ST Clawdeen. but then there's the question: Should I sell her first or trade her plain off. And if so, for how much? I do agree she's going for crazy money on ebay and it's unfair to many collectors looking for her, but I'm not made of money either and could really use the money to get the dolls I really want. I regret getting her in the first place :(

Oh Scarah, what curse did you bring with you!?
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 29, 2012, 10:49:16 AM »
I'm having a opposite and quite unfair problem I'm afraid :/ I managed to snag Scarah on mattycollector, but have since found that I don't really like her or hoodude. I'm considering finding someone to trade with since I'm still looking for Robecca, venus and ST Clawdeen. but then there's the question: Should I sell her first or trade her plain off. And if so, for how much? I do agree she's going for crazy money on ebay and it's unfair to many collectors looking for her, but I'm not made of money either and could really use the money to get the dolls I really want. I regret getting her in the first place :(

Oh Scarah, what curse did you bring with you!?

I'd say $80 would be fair MIB.... As for Robecca and Venus, that isn't really a fair trade on your end, considering they retail for £16.99 in the UK and $24 in the USA, I think I'd suggest waiting it out for R& V to reach you, then buying. As for Scarah, Id put her on ebay with no reserve starting at 99Cents, I find they always attract enough attention to get more money than you had bargained for, that's what I would do :) xxx

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #518 on: July 29, 2012, 10:53:15 AM »
Is anyone out there still looking, or is it just me?

You're not alone! I purchased a Scarah from someone, but I'm not sure if I paid in time. I had to go trough a lot of trouble to get the money on my paypal, I just missed $0,40! I can't get a confirmation email either, because apparently the seller doesn't ''work'' on holidays? So I guess that's it, because he didn't reply to my email for 10 days now and he usually replies within a few hours.

I have a feeling I did miss the deadline though, seeing as I always have great luck.. ;_;

So yeah, I'm half waiting/half searching.

Offline SweetScoops

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 29, 2012, 10:54:28 AM »
Thank you Icecrystalline. You are right, I should be patient with Robecca and venus ^__^ But it's so hard! XD I'm a bit put off by ebay at the moment (see my thread in the trader support for more info...) But I might get over it some day ^__^

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 29, 2012, 10:58:58 AM »
Thank you Icecrystalline. You are right, I should be patient with Robecca and venus ^__^ But it's so hard! XD I'm a bit put off by ebay at the moment (see my thread in the trader support for more info...) But I might get over it some day ^__^
Aw hun, I was in the same boat so I know the feeling! I am really lucky as someone here offered to pick them up for anyone (was about 8 pages back) and I asked if they were still able to and they did, I am trading for one and have bought the other , so I guess I lucked out. Honestly, if I see them in my local Argos, I'll let you know because I'd need payment before I went and bought them, but if I spot them, I'll tell you :) xxx

Offline SweetScoops

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 29, 2012, 11:03:32 AM »
Aw hun, I was in the same boat so I know the feeling! I am really lucky as someone here offered to pick them up for anyone (was about 8 pages back) and I asked if they were still able to and they did, I am trading for one and have bought the other , so I guess I lucked out. Honestly, if I see them in my local Argos, I'll let you know because I'd need payment before I went and bought them, but if I spot them, I'll tell you :) xxx

That would be amazing <3 You're soo sweet! :D

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 29, 2012, 11:30:52 AM »
Just curious, would the 3 Scary Tales dolls be a fair trade for MIB Scarah Screams?

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 29, 2012, 11:46:16 AM »
What do the ST dolls retail at? Like nearly $25 or something (counting tax and all that)..? Because that would be (guesstimating them at $25 each for an easy number to work with), $75... which doesn't seem.. right. To me, at least. Everyone is so upset about how much she is costing on eBay (around that mark), but fail to factor in that when you trade you still paid money for those dolls. And I wouldn't want to think about the money shipping three dolls would be (assuming they needed to be kept MIB for shipping).

Heh, I think that comes off as me "whining".. but I guess my method of thinking is if people are so upset at what Scarah's are worth after market right now, they shouldn't be spending more than $40 plus shipping on her (even in trade value). I think I just went all derp here and am making no sense.. haha.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 11:48:19 AM by Icicle »

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 29, 2012, 11:54:45 AM »
You can easily get $80 for her on ebay.  Easily get a hundred too!  I agree a trade probably wouldn't be in your best interests.  I'm sure you could probably get a good amount from people here too, though (wink, wink)  And if you helped out another arena member, it would give you super good dolly karma:)

I don't know:(  I'd love to take her off your hands, SweetScoops!  But I don't have any of the things you listed to bribe you with.  Also, I want to get the best deal possible on her.  I'd also like a good deal too, though.  If you'd like to talk about it alittle more, feel free to PM me.  No pressure, and I'm a very fair person.  I'm sure we could come up with something that will make us both happy:)

Dinobuzz:  I think that would sound almost fair:)  For the arena, it seems fair.  Out in ebay-land, I think adding one more $20 doll might be fair?  Not sure.  Scarah will be worth so much more in the future.  The ST dolls?  Not so much.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal