collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Discussion  (Read 76836 times)

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Official Monster High Discussion
« Reply #480 on: July 28, 2012, 06:12:39 PM »
is there some off flaw in Abbey leg joints that i'm unaware of? I got the weirdest comment on my 1st and 2nd edition Abbey comparison post on my blog. "What about the leg joints?"

WTF? I don't even know how to answer because idk wtf he's talking about and saying 'wtf are you talking about? o_O" seems a bit rude. (btw I'm not annoyed or anything but I found it such an odd question...and I've had plenty of ODD comments)

I bet they're asking about if the second Abbey have the new joints för the part where the legs meet the torso. The earlier dolls have stringed legs :) and the later...starting around the release of Toralei are joined by plastic.
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #481 on: July 28, 2012, 06:16:08 PM »
ah. you know that could be. I don't know tho. I didn't undress either of them and have no plans to.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #482 on: July 28, 2012, 06:20:36 PM »
Yeah, that's probably what they're asking about: whether the hip joints are elastic or plastic. I remember someone saying that all dolls made since Skull Shores have had plastic joints, but that's definitely not the case because my new signature Jackson has elastic, and I've had two Mad Science Lagoonas now, one of which had plastic and the other elastic. Oh, and all the dolls except Frankie in my Gloom Beach 5-pack had plastic hip joints. So it seems kind of like a luck of the draw thing at this point.

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 28, 2012, 06:22:48 PM »
As far as i know first and second Abbey have the elastic (can confirm second does, i have her) But the latest Abbey that comes in the same assortment as Rochelle has the new mechanical joint (I'm not 100% on this but i think i saw it somewhere)

Novavelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #484 on: July 28, 2012, 06:29:50 PM »
well other then taking their leg off, how do you tell, just pull on it ever so slightly?

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 28, 2012, 06:32:50 PM »
If you pull on the leg (gently, of course, like you were gonna pose it) you can easily tell if the joint in there is elastic or plastic, there's quite a difference in how it looks.

Out of all of my dolls, I only have two with elastic, my SS Lagoona and my Basic Jackson. While out of my fiance's three only his Mad Science Lagoona has elastic hips.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #486 on: July 28, 2012, 07:03:38 PM »
well other then taking their leg off, how do you tell, just pull on it ever so slightly?
Yeah, you can pull elastic joints out of the socket as it were, whereas you can't really do that with the plastic ball joints. You can also tell just by spreading their legs and looking in the gap, although you can't really do that if they've got pants or tights on ... you'd have to pull them down a bit first.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 28, 2012, 07:26:32 PM »
Hanna--I agree, it is, so I'm not TOO disappointed now.

I am -this- close to going what the heck and buying a ton of dolls off ebay, haha, but I'm really holding back. Gonna go to TRU on Thursday, I have a gift card, and hopefully they'll have SOMETHING there. I really want DDG Lagoona, the Elusive Two (as someone here put it lol), or even RM. But, knowing this TRU, they won't have diddly squat ;.; they take forever to restock and get new stuff in.

Novavelle

« Reply #488 on: July 28, 2012, 08:19:40 PM »
Hanna--I agree, it is, so I'm not TOO disappointed now.

I am -this- close to going what the heck and buying a ton of dolls off ebay, haha, but I'm really holding back. Gonna go to TRU on Thursday, I have a gift card, and hopefully they'll have SOMETHING there. I really want DDG Lagoona, the Elusive Two (as someone here put it lol), or even RM. But, knowing this TRU, they won't have diddly squat ;.; they take forever to restock and get new stuff in.

Aww and I just saw all the DDG girls at one of our TRU the other day too... still haven't seen much of Venus or Robecca, maybe 9 together so far... they flew off the shelves at the reset here....

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 28, 2012, 08:25:39 PM »
Ooooh!  That would be amazing!

I know this was a few pages ago, but I went back and got the Kmart RM duo if you haven't found it yet!

Novavelle

« Reply #490 on: July 28, 2012, 08:32:18 PM »
Ooooh!  That would be amazing!

I know this was a few pages ago, but I went back and got the Kmart RM duo if you haven't found it yet!

aw see colorscape! you waited and you lucked out!

that was awfully nice of you octocorn

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #491 on: July 28, 2012, 08:33:10 PM »
I totally didn't find anything to buy while I was in Ohio... nope, nothing at all....  :whistle:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The MLP stuff was actually found at a Target in Ann Arbor after we got back

Oh, and thanks to a member on here who mentioned finding Venus and Robecca at a Love's truck stop, I stopped at one when I spotted it on I-75 (exit 67, just south of Toledo, if anyone is around there). There were 4 of each there (3 of each now), and a bunch of new DT dolls as well

Novavelle

« Reply #492 on: July 28, 2012, 08:38:17 PM »
wow really?! a truck stop! that's awesome :)

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #493 on: July 28, 2012, 08:45:10 PM »
Yeah, I know. So random lol. They were $24.99 instead of $19.99, but after visiting pretty much every Walmart, Target, Meijer, and Kmart on the highway between Mason OH and Ann Arbor MI and seeing TONS of Rochelles and Jacksons, I was okay with paying that  :lol:

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 28, 2012, 08:56:44 PM »
$24.99 is still cheaper than $50+ :D!

I'm getting so anxious for going out next Saturday, since I'll hit up at least two Targets and TRU and at least one Walmart that isn't my local one... so I REALLY hope one of them is waiting for me. Otherwise my voucher will go to I <3 Fashion Abbey if my TRU has her or ST Clawdeen if either Target has that.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal