collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Discussion  (Read 76698 times)

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
Re: Official Monster High Discussion
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2012, 12:02:29 PM »
I am so excited about the news of the Howleen Hip Hop doll.  She wants Howleen really bad, but they are so $$$.
Me too! It sounds like they're all going to be amazing! :D

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 23, 2012, 12:08:01 PM »
I am so excited about the news of the Howleen Hip Hop doll.  She wants Howleen really bad, but they are so $$$.
Me too! It sounds like they're all going to be amazing! :D
I'm especially happy that from what he said they're going to be the smaller $13-15 dolls, not big signature dolls.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 23, 2012, 12:28:12 PM »
After 3 hours of stewing, I feel a little better.  Everyone's sympathy helped alot. 

Hannaliten:  Thank you for saying that keeping my cool wouldn't have helped.  I kept thinking 'if I only had done this differently, or that differently' and that was only making things worse.  Knowing that a ton of us had trouble, although sad, makes me feel.....better?

Well, I'm off to update my want lists, wish lists, and surf a little ebay:(
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 23, 2012, 12:32:17 PM »
Wow. I Totally sniped Scarah At mattycollector today, I'm still chocked and so happy! :D
Edit: I'm sorry If My brag was out of place :"( I just red about all you guys beeing stuck in waiting rooms and such. That's just so bad managed by mantel! :(
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:38:26 PM by SweetScoops »
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline MLPgal13

• Trade Count: (+123)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Thanks for my Avie Calico <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 23, 2012, 12:46:17 PM »
Quote from: someone on Another Pony Site
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC7TZ9otg2I&feature=player_embedded
^ Guy from Entertainment Earth talking about the dance class budget set.

Lagoona: Ballet
Operetta: Swing
Howleen (YEAH!): Hiphop. With pink hair.
Robecca:...."The Robot"? I have no idea how you dress for doing The Robot.

OMG

I second the OMG feeling!

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 23, 2012, 01:23:48 PM »
Alright.  I was upset when I thought I would have to pay $80 for Scarah on ebay, when she costs $25.  Now she's practically $100!  Please tell me she'll go back down:(  Now I'm praying for $80 :lol:  Is this just because people are freaking out about losing her this morning?  Any guess as to what her pricing will be like in the future?  I'm not holding my breath for one at cost, but I CAN'T spend $100 on this doll.  I don't like her enough.

I think I'm going to look into a custom, or commission someone, or do one myself.  I'll probably like whatever I wind up with more, anyway.  I'm sad I won't have the diaries or box art, though:(

When all you lucky ladies and gents get your Scarahs, could you be so kind to post pictures of her and Frankie side by side (or any doll that would be a good base for a custom.)  I know GB Frankie was used in a pinch at CC last year, but I'd like to see how she turned out IRL. 
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #186 on: July 23, 2012, 01:32:31 PM »
When all you lucky ladies and gents get your Scarahs, could you be so kind to post pictures of her and Frankie side by side (or any doll that would be a good base for a custom.)  I know GB Frankie was used in a pinch at CC last year, but I'd like to see how she turned out IRL.

Can do! (Sorry for the crappy lighting. :P)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

They have pretty much the same body color, and Scarah has GB Frankie's hand mold, so that should be easy enough to get. Their faces are totally different, though.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:38:23 PM by PandaBerryInSpace »

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 23, 2012, 01:50:07 PM »
Wow omg what a debacle Scarah has been. First all the nonsense at the con and now total fail on the website? You'd think that making more Scarahs and having more happy fans would be a much better idea than making so many people unhappy. Just... I do not get it. Store exclusives, much as I hate them, I can kind of see Mattel's benefit there as I'm sure the stores pay them a ton to get the exclusive rights. But these con exclusives... why so mean?! Why do they hate the fans and love the scalping?! I'm so sorry to all of you who couldn't get her. :hug: :cry: :hug:

I think it was easier for the people overseas, don't know why. One of my friends in Sweden klicked through and got her right away, no waiting room for her. Plus, she was charged less in shipping for 2 Scarahs then they charged me for 2 Polly Pockets.

Yargh, if I'd known it would turn out that non-Americans got a fast lane, I would've tried to order some for you guys. So. Unfair. :argh:  :cry:

In happier news, for my fellow Canadians, apparently (according to someone on MHD) Ghouls Rule have shown up at Zellers (in Ontario). Which is weird because Zellers is supposed to be starting to close down so why get new stock? But no complaints here, they're supposedly priced less than at TRU and there is also a coupon (again courtesy of MHD): $10 off a $40 purchase at Zellers. I'm going to go look at my store later.  :)
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 23, 2012, 02:09:15 PM »
Thanks PandaBerry:)  Although that didn't help at all, cuz now I HAVE to have her.  At any cost :cry:  I love how her eyes are lined in a perfect black line.  She still isn't worth $100 though.  Even if I received her as a gift, I'd feel badly someone spent SO much money for her.  Why didn't I buy her when she was $60?

Congrats, PandaBerry.  She looks alot better freed from her box, hanging with Frankie:)  Must find.........

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #189 on: July 23, 2012, 02:09:41 PM »
Alright. I'm over her [Scarah] now. *sigh* I had my pouting and shouting fit [not literally] and now I'm okay, not happy, but okay. I refuse to pay for her on eBay, so I'll just have to go without, unless by some happy miracle an Arena member gets an extra.... oh well.

In other news..... well there isn't any other news, still none of the Elusive Two in my neck of the woods, but TRU gets a truck Wednesday, so.....

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 23, 2012, 02:13:42 PM »
I was fortunate in getting SS today.....I'm sorry to those who had no luck today.....I imagine some extras will pop up soon enough....

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 23, 2012, 02:21:18 PM »
It seems that anyone with an international address was given first dibs on Scarah. Which really isn't fair but what ever.

I got a reply from Mattel basically telling me tough luck.

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #192 on: July 23, 2012, 02:24:51 PM »
If it makes you guys feel any better, most people have been finding that Scarah has a pretty big bald spot on the back of her head. Here's a picture of mine.

Since visible scalps are a common warning sign of glue seepage dolls, I'm going to just hope for the best... (My Scarah was made in Indonesia, I don't know about anyone else's.)

Also, Scarah has the worst stand I've ever had.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #193 on: July 23, 2012, 02:28:53 PM »
It seems that anyone with an international address was given first dibs on Scarah. Which really isn't fair but what ever.

I got a reply from Mattel basically telling me tough luck.

I called and talked to "James" who didn't speak enough English to understand what I was asking. [I'm not trying to be rude, it is just true] He basically told me tough luck, and that there was nothing he could do for a sold out item. I had sent an email too, but no response.

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 23, 2012, 02:46:01 PM »
I saw a case of Scarahs for sale on ebay.  The case was labeled "made in Indonesia" and I cringed.  They want $600 for the case.  6 to a case. 

She'd probably be an easy doll to rehair.  Black hair isn't too hard to come by :lol:  Or you could add plugs.  It sucks that you would have to consider adding hair to a doll that is so expensive, though.  For the amount of money I'm considering paying for her, she should come with a diamond ring from Hoodude :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal