collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro CANCELLED my SDCC Ditzy Doo order!!!!!!!  (Read 3564 times)

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro CANCELLED my SDCC Ditzy Doo order!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2012, 09:48:31 PM »

I agree. I love how artsy the previous years ponies have been.

So do people get shipping notices from hts?

Honestly I would much prefer that they return to the cool art Ponies next year, at least for the Fair.

I'm glad I was able to at least get the one Ditzy that came with my Canterlot ticket package as I do like her, but honestly before she was announced as the exclusive I was really looking forward to some cool themed art design and kept wondering what it was going to be this year.

Even if they use the G4 mold I think it would really be cool if they returned to the themed art Ponies, and also I would think it wouldn't be so crazy to get one as it was this year. I most likely won't be able to attend next years fair so it would also probably be much easier for me to obtain one online than if it were a Brony-centric character.

Now as far as Comic Con, I could totally see them continuing with Brony-centric exclusives which would be fine with me although they will probably be as hard to get as Ditzy Doo.
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2012, 11:41:17 PM »
by the way an update. hasbro emailed me back saying since I used the same billing address they were not honored. I wonder if I will even get one. :-\

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2012, 02:31:16 AM »
Honestly I would much prefer that they return to the cool art Ponies next year, at least for the Fair.

I'm glad I was able to at least get the one Ditzy that came with my Canterlot ticket package as I do like her, but honestly before she was announced as the exclusive I was really looking forward to some cool themed art design and kept wondering what it was going to be this year.

Even if they use the G4 mold I think it would really be cool if they returned to the themed art Ponies, and also I would think it wouldn't be so crazy to get one as it was this year. I most likely won't be able to attend next years fair so it would also probably be much easier for me to obtain one online than if it were a Brony-centric character.

Now as far as Comic Con, I could totally see them continuing with Brony-centric exclusives which would be fine with me although they will probably be as hard to get as Ditzy Doo.

I hope so too. Maybe once the FiM hype has calmed down Hasbro will go back to pleasing the collectors instead of fans of the show. MLP:FiM is the latest craze at the moment but it won't last forever.

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2012, 08:45:17 PM »
Okay, a few things: 1. "Fan of the show" and "Collector" are not mutually exclusive things. There are plenty of collectors amongst the show's fanbase.  2. Hasbro is pleasing fans of the show with this exclusive because this is the first time in a while that's been viable, since there is an actual proper show (instead of a small handful of episodes) for there to be fans of (and it's a good show). 3. This particular character is a very special character, being the most-beloved background pony of all and a symbol of the mutual love between fans and creators. So it makes sense that she's getting this high honor (particularly since it's a nice apology for them having to remove her name from "The Last Roundup") 4. The non-canon art design ponies are kind of an odd one out if you look at all of Hasbro's convention exclusives, which as a general rule are fanservice.

Myself, I hope the Derpmeistra will also get a retail release at the Playful Ponies size. Though if that happens hopefully Mall-Wart will somehow be prevented from carrying her since they are A. Evil and B. Woefully inept at crowd management.
should be perma-moderated

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2012, 09:04:52 PM »
I think i recall at the Q&A they said she was, but at a later date.. I could of heard wrong. I bet she will be very different from the comic con.

still not other words from hasbro, nor have I got any shipping notices.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2012, 10:46:36 PM »
Okay, a few things: 1. "Fan of the show" and "Collector" are not mutually exclusive things. There are plenty of collectors amongst the show's fanbase.  2. Hasbro is pleasing fans of the show with this exclusive because this is the first time in a while that's been viable, since there is an actual proper show (instead of a small handful of episodes) for there to be fans of (and it's a good show). 3. This particular character is a very special character, being the most-beloved background pony of all and a symbol of the mutual love between fans and creators. So it makes sense that she's getting this high honor (particularly since it's a nice apology for them having to remove her name from "The Last Roundup") 4. The non-canon art design ponies are kind of an odd one out if you look at all of Hasbro's convention exclusives, which as a general rule are fanservice.

1. So? Hasbro is obviously catering ONLY to fans of the show with Bubblecup. If you're (general you) not a fan of the show, you probably don't care about her. If you're not part of the fandom, you probably don't even know who she is.
2. Why should Hasbro ONLY please the fans of the show, and not the normal collectors? Shouldn't they try to please both fanbases, the one that supported them for years and the brand new one?
3. Most beloved to you. Not everyone even liked her. Hasbro also does not need to "apologize" to fans of the original name for removing an offensive slur from a show for children. That is absurd. And even if her name wasn't a rude insult, Hasbro does not need to apologize to anyone for changing THEIR show however they want.
4. How are they any more odd than some random gray pony with weird eyes? Unless you're part of the fandom, she's just a random pony that makes no sense getting so much attention. The art ponies are at least unique, instead of a pony that looks like one you'd pick up at the store for $5.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2012, 11:02:11 PM »
You said it, Taxel, QFT.

I think i recall at the Q&A they said she was, but at a later date.. I could of heard wrong. I bet she will be very different from the comic con.

still not other words from hasbro, nor have I got any shipping notices.

Oh man, I really hope you get at least one, Clipper. It seems like everyone so far has had their 'extra' order canceled, but the first one gets through okay. :( Why would they do things differently for you? I can't imagine how much you must be freaking out - I'd be having a heart attack!!!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2012, 12:22:29 AM »
 i ended up ordering one on ebay as a back up.  I will just resell her if I get an extra i guess.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2012, 07:07:26 AM »

Hasbro also does not need to "apologize" to fans of the original name for removing an offensive slur from a show for children. That is absurd. And even if her name wasn't a rude insult, Hasbro does not need to apologize to anyone for changing THEIR show however they want.

:like:
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2012, 07:39:15 AM »
Hasbro wasn't dumb by far. Let's not forget that they are still a company out to make money. This year the played it really smart. The only dumb thing they did, was not have enough for the demand. The demand WAY overshot what they thought would indeed sell but not to the point where they sell out within an eye blink. I'm guessing Ditzy Doo was way in production before any of the itunes drama even started.

Flutterblossom

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2012, 11:00:09 AM »
4. How are they any more odd than some random gray pony with weird eyes? Unless you're part of the fandom, she's just a random pony that makes no sense getting so much attention. The art ponies are at least unique, instead of a pony that looks like one you'd pick up at the store for $5.[/center]
Even if I didn't know who she was, I would still want her. I absolutely love her colors: yellow is my favorite color and the gray with the yellow is just beautiful! The eyes are adorable too, I love things with weird, unique, eyes! If she was a random brushable in the stores and nobody wanted her, I would buy her and she would be my favorite! <3

I don't like her because of her Internet popularity, I like her because of her colors and uniqueness!  :lovey:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2012, 11:10:59 AM »
1. So? Hasbro is obviously catering ONLY to fans of the show with Bubblecup. If you're (general you) not a fan of the show, you probably don't care about her. If you're not part of the fandom, you probably don't even know who she is.
2. Why should Hasbro ONLY please the fans of the show, and not the normal collectors? Shouldn't they try to please both fanbases, the one that supported them for years and the brand new one?
3. Most beloved to you. Not everyone even liked her. Hasbro also does not need to "apologize" to fans of the original name for removing an offensive slur from a show for children. That is absurd. And even if her name wasn't a rude insult, Hasbro does not need to apologize to anyone for changing THEIR show however they want.
4. How are they any more odd than some random gray pony with weird eyes? Unless you're part of the fandom, she's just a random pony that makes no sense getting so much attention. The art ponies are at least unique, instead of a pony that looks like one you'd pick up at the store for $5.
:like:

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2012, 01:15:56 PM »

1&2: Not all the FiM fans are newbies. Plenty of them are old fans who jumped ship years ago and have been won back. And you know, Hasbro IS also trying to make money here in addition to the sentimental side of this. So on that front, why not make the exclusive be a character whom they know a gazillion buyers will jump on now that there is actually a character they can do that with?

3. She is statistically speaking the most beloved of the show's background characters. The point about her also being a symbol of the love between fans and creators still stands.  Her being given a name (especially one of the two fanon names) in-canon was a love letter from the creators, and they felt bad about having to un-name her in-show. It took away from her being recognized as a character, they thought. That effect specifically is what they'd like to apologize for.

4. I said ALL Hasbro's convention exclusives. As in, NOT just their MLP ones. They tend to be fanservice and be characters with some kind of story attached rather than generics with no story, so the art ponies are the odd one out. (Also, keep in mind what Flutterblossom said. She's still unique and artsy in her own way to other people, so even if they didn't know who she was they might want her. I highly doubt the previous exclusives had universal visual appeal to collectors either.)
should be perma-moderated

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2012, 01:28:16 PM »
Guess what I am here to do guys? Yup...thats right...get this back on topic please this thread is NOT the place for another discussion about the whys and wherefores of this particular pony.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal