collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Liv Thread! [pic heavy]  (Read 30498 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: The Liv Thread! [pic heavy]
« Reply #390 on: August 30, 2012, 07:20:42 PM »
:O That tiny DS is so cute! Where did you get it?

And I finally have new photos! Its been way too long. First up is some comparison shots of my Jun Planning Leptospermum Ai doll and a Liv. He makes a fine child for a Liv, I think, but he's not good at posing. At ALL. I don't know what the issue is. I'm not very knowledgeable about BJDs (he's apparently one?), but it seems he's either strung badly and/or the elastic died from being from like 2008. He's always had these issues though, so. :/ I wouldn't recommend one unless you get it cheaper than the $80-100 he cost. I'd suggest going for a Only Hearts Club Li'l Kids doll instead, as they're $9, but I haven't seen one in person yet so yeah.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Spoiler

And finally finally finally I got Jayson to take me to the park! :D Unfortunately after doing a "big" shoot with Mary (AKA walking around with her fairly far and photographing along the way), I finished up Kite and the babies on the blanket and was going to walk around with her (and had six more girls in my bag) when my camera battery started to die. I never charged it because I forgot about the Ai doll shoot I did a while back. >.<
So I'll be dragging him back soon, haha.

Spoiler

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 30, 2012, 08:48:58 PM »
That DS and Nintendogs Case was a keychain gift from a friend back in high school that they got for me when they went to China. I cut off the extra bits that held the chain.

Damn those park shots look amazing. XP Look forward to seeing more when you make more trips to the park. XD

Right now I wanna make another Sophie or Katie to have them switch eyes with my Liv for Color Daniela so I'd have a light skinned girl with brown eyes.

ALSO, I remember someone asked about boil straightening a curly haired wig, I boil washed Making Waves Alexis' wig and it looks perfect straight.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #392 on: August 30, 2012, 10:35:47 PM »
Asians have the best cute little things. xD

I'm very happy with the Kite ones! Jude and Lucy's is bad since I was rushing, but I wanted a nicer photo with their news eyes. Molly's make me sad. D: I couldn't get the river to show up well when I was taking them, and Picasa's filters only made that worse. Hopefully when we go back I can spend more time on those rocks and get some nice water shots. Or instead we go play in the creek, lol.

Oh man don't you make me want that! xD I love that idea.

I don't know who else asked, if anyone, but I did! I'm thrilled to hear that. How exactly did you do it? I can't mentally figure out how to position the wigs once they've hit the water.

TuxAndTails

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #393 on: August 31, 2012, 01:38:26 AM »
Aw, Taxel, the park pictures are beautiful! <3 I love the ones with Kite!

Took some more photos yesterday, and developed my Liv's characters a bit more. Sometime in the future, Daniela and Hayden get together, and because they both want to be moms and have their kids be about the same age, they get pregnant at the same time. Daniela delivered first, a little boy who is unnamed as of yet xD

Spoiler

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #394 on: August 31, 2012, 12:30:10 PM »
Those photos are so sweet! <3

But two pregnant girls in one home? That sounds like torture! xD

TuxAndTails

« Reply #395 on: August 31, 2012, 01:18:01 PM »
Those photos are so sweet! <3

But two pregnant girls in one home? That sounds like torture! xD
Thanks <3

Haha, I know, right? I think about halfway through they noticed the slight problem with their idea xD Poor Sophie, she had to hang out with her grumpy pregnant friends for nine months.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #396 on: September 10, 2012, 06:22:30 PM »
Unfortunately I discovered something horrific is wrong with Prudence! Dx It looks like her arm dug into her hand. I'm guessing it was slightly damaged before, as I don't photograph/pose/move her much and those whose hands get moved TONS more have no sign of wear. I've taken her off display and won't be touching that hand.

In more sad news, the area I use to take indoor photos was pulled apart. The little table is now somewhere else, and my good lamp is on the floor and unable to be unplugged and moved. I'm pretty upset, since that was the ONLY way I could take photos without the flash indoors. While my flash is miles better than my old camera's, it can still easily wash things out and such. :/
Which means I'll be bugging Jayson more about going to the park/walking around/etc, which sucks for him. Haha.

But on a happy note, I got to the park again recently! I bought my original Katie to try and bond with her, since I can't find a trade for her. It helped, but she NEEDS a wig. D: Sadie and Hayden are also officially a couple now.

Spoiler

And I took a ton of photos of Jude and Lucy. :)

Spoiler

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 13, 2012, 11:58:04 PM »
Gah I don't want this thread to get too old. >,<;

Wow I missed out on seeing a lot of these, but they all look great from the both of you. XD I'm also sorry what happened Prudence. >,<; looks kinda like what happened to my Magic Spa Sophie. I wish they're still around in the stores I go to, but they're mostly gone. TT,TT;

I just finished popping out some eyes and re inserting some, and now I have a new liv girl. :P Capri was getting lonely so I made her a new best friend. I'd show pictures of the both of them together, but I ran out of cotton balls and had her borrow Capri's Belly for her shots.

A Hayden with Daniela eyes!

I shall name her: Makayla!

I'm still debating what color her hair should be. Brunette or Blonde.
I'm also debating whether I should keep the vest on or not.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #398 on: September 14, 2012, 03:50:49 PM »
I wonder if the Spa girls are more prone to this? I wish so badly we had more collectors so we could try and figure things like this out. XP

Oh wow, Makayla is gorgeous! I want a Daniela whose eyes I can swap now urg damn you. xD I really like the vest and brunette hair, but I'm biased on both accounts.

Tomorrow a new Liv girl should be arriving (original Katie I think), and I'll be stealing her body for my floating MW Hayden head. I'll probably steal her eyes, maybe pull out the ruined eye and hot glue in the floating head and give her nice side-facing eyes. I have no idea how to keep them in though. Hot glue can't really be removed from their eyes from what I've tried, and I don't want to ruin gorgeous Katie eyes.

TuxAndTails

« Reply #399 on: September 14, 2012, 05:34:57 PM »
Luvly, I LOVE Makayla! <3 The brown eyes look so nice with Hayden's pale skin.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to take any new pics lately. With school and all, I'm too busy to take any while the sun is still out >.< I wish there was a nice park around here, I could make a day of it on a Saturday, but they're all too crowded for doll pictures.

Offline Princess_Luvlee

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 15, 2012, 07:51:25 AM »
Would ebay be the cheapest place to get liv dolls?

Which sets DO NOT have full articulation? I noticed on some the knees are jointed differently, then some not at all, and other ones don't have art arms. It's all pretty overwhelming.

I'm going to sell my Papin cuz what I want/need is a relatively sturdy doll that can be posed & played with & drug around town. Do Pullip clothes fit liv?

I've bougth liv wigs for MH & they're great, but I got a little outfit pack & the clothes were made of cheap material, but made well. Is that the norm for this line?

Do barbie clothes fit liv?

Sorry if this is annoying questions.  I could prolly get this info myself, but I'm not lazy. Just sick & can't do much web surfing, so I'd really appreciate some help.

Luv all ur Liv pics*!*

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #401 on: September 15, 2012, 09:37:20 AM »

I don't collect Liv, but I have a Liv body that I'm going to be using for a different doll, and I can say, yes, Barbie clothes fit very well! :) The shoes don't, of course, but the clothes look very nice on them.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Princess_Luvlee

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 15, 2012, 12:19:11 PM »

I don't collect Liv, but I have a Liv body that I'm going to be using for a different doll, and I can say, yes, Barbie clothes fit very well! :) The shoes don't, of course, but the clothes look very nice on them.

Thanx you, PandaBerryInSpace. That's great news: second hand Barbie clothes are easy to come by. Do the flat skipper type shoes not fit Liv either then?

TuxAndTails

« Reply #403 on: September 15, 2012, 01:27:12 PM »
Would ebay be the cheapest place to get liv dolls?

Which sets DO NOT have full articulation? I noticed on some the knees are jointed differently, then some not at all, and other ones don't have art arms. It's all pretty overwhelming.

I'm going to sell my Papin cuz what I want/need is a relatively sturdy doll that can be posed & played with & drug around town. Do Pullip clothes fit liv?

I've bougth liv wigs for MH & they're great, but I got a little outfit pack & the clothes were made of cheap material, but made well. Is that the norm for this line?

Sorry if this is annoying questions.  I could prolly get this info myself, but I'm not lazy. Just sick & can't do much web surfing, so I'd really appreciate some help.

Luv all ur Liv pics*!*
eBay, Amazon, or local stores if they haven't completely cleared out their Livs yet. The line has been discontinued, so if you can find them in stores, they're often on clearance and are very cheap.

Thankfully, it's only the very newest Liv dolls who don't have articulation, which would be the Liv Brites and the Liv for Color sets (no arm articulation and only a basic joint in the knees). There's also the sleepover set, but I'm not sure if they have the old joints or not; Taxel has one so she'll know, haha. The only other set missing stuff are the Twist and Dance dolls, which unfortunately were given a weird 'dancing' feature so they have no posability in their legs. But the original set of dolls, wave 2 (those ones come with dogs), Midnight Dance, School's Out, It's My Nature, Liv in Wonderland, Making Waves, and the Spa dolls all have joints in their hands, elbows, shoulders, feet, and a double joint in their knees c:

Unfortunately, I'm no expert on materials so I really wouldn't know if they're cheap or not xD But they're definitely made well.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 15, 2012, 01:29:21 PM »
I have the Sleepover LIV, and I think they pretty much have a basic knee and elbow joints, and hand joints. No foot joint. No double joints, and the right arm is kinda wonky due to the pillow fight mechanisim.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal