collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What if Hasbro remade a super rare pony?  (Read 2840 times)

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
What if Hasbro remade a super rare pony?
« on: July 15, 2012, 11:02:57 PM »
How would you feel if Hasbro decided to remake more rare ponies, like G1 TE Mimic, Rapunzel, or Ditzy Doo so that more people had a chance at getting them? Would you be upset, excited, or not care?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 11:05:09 PM by StarlightGaze »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
Re: What if Hasbro remade a super rare pony?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 11:05:20 PM »
I'd be excited!!!! Maybe with slight differences so we can tell the difference between original and the remade. 

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 11:08:35 PM »
If it was a rare g1 I wouldn't care as it wouldn't actually be THAT pony.  That pony was made in the 1980's and whatever they do now, it wouldn't be the same.  Like with the re-released collectors and rainbow ponies, they're different, not as good, and not that pony.

If they released an exclusive that was supposed to be limited numbers, or available for a limited time.  I'd be really annoyed.  Ok, so maybe the fact it is limited drives up the price and I have to pay more to get it, but it changes the whole specialness of that pony, and it is essentially breaking a promise.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 11:09:50 PM »
I would be all for it!  I collect ponies because I like them, not because of their monetary value.  And the pony market fluctuates anyway, so there's no guarantee that a pony that's worth big bucks today will be worth the same tomorrow--even without rereleases.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 11:10:14 PM »
That would be a great chance for others to get ponies they wouldn't otherwise have. I do like the slight differences so the originals can still maintain their values.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 11:14:19 PM »
Yes! I don't collect for rarity/exclusivity or as an investment, just what I like, so I'd be all over remakes/re-releases (Mimic! :biggrin:) And yeah with re-releases I like subtle differences, even just a date stamp, so anyway the originals will still hold their value ^.^ I really just hate to see people want a particular pony/doll/toy and not be able to get it because of scarcity or money.  :(

Mattel just did this with Monster High, in fact... re-released some of the original dolls. I was surprised but pleased and I definitely wish it would happen more often!
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 03:11:53 AM »
I'd say that a remade rare G1 (I'm thinking specifically Mimic) I'd enjoy having but it'd never be the same as an original. And if they tried to sell it for some inflated price that'd be stupid, unless it was a limited release. She's not the original, just another pony really so she should be priced like any other new release.

I'd be accepting of some re-releases of limited or exclusives as long as when they were originally released they didn't have a specific number. It's unfair if they said it was a limited number of 500 then started making more, but if they made more after selling an unknown number to try and fill the demand that'd be okay. Just a revisit to give new collectors a chance at old merchandise.

Personally I feel really bad for all the people who missed out on the SDCC2012 pony and now have to compete with the world on ebay even though they were actually at the con... but then I'm also angry at Hasbro for forgetting that they have fans all over the world, why didn't they just make more and make her globally available... it's not like she was hugely expensive, they could have sold hundreds/thousands more online for the same price and made huge profits without having to give her a store release!
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 04:21:11 AM »
YYYYYEEEESSS!!!

Please do!!!

HASBRO READ THIS!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE re-release ponies such as German Nightlight, the mountain boys, the TAF babies.  ANY AND ALL that were exclusive to limited countries or mail orders!!!!

Seriously!!!!!  PLEASE HEAR ME!!!!  I'm shouting to Rhode Island as loud as I can!!!

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Evening_Moonstone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 04:37:42 AM »
I am all for it.  Keep the originals with "exclusive" packaging - I don't care about having it because it's "rare", I want the dang pony!  Like they did with Zecora - special packaging, but everyone has a shot to get the pony.

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 05:22:33 AM »
I would love a Mimic rerelease as long as the quality was good.  The 2007 rereleases seemed so off to me with their hair and eyes.

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 05:30:41 AM »
Yeah, if they re-released rare ponies I would want them to be as close as possible, but still with some differences, like maybe a slightly different hair color, or a batch number on the foot so you can tell. I'm sure G1 ponies would have slightly different plastic. Different packaging too, of course.

Speaking of rare ponies, I think Ditzy Doo toys should be up in Hasbro's shop in about 90 mins from now. I guess we can give it a shot. I wouldn't be upset if Hasbro made a non exclusive version of her, although I don't know what they could change about her, maybe put tinsel in her hair or something (I'd pull it out anyway XD).

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 05:45:36 AM »
I would probably get them!  But they wouldn't be the same as the originals to me.

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 06:15:29 AM »
I really wouldn't care. :silly:

I've already got a G4 Bubblebutt (sorry guys, but 'Ditzy' is not working for me XD).. rereleases of 80s ponies simply wouldn't be the same, and I don't even like the more favoured HTF ponies (Munchy, Mimic etc). No thank you.
Fight like a girl..

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012, 06:20:54 AM »
I would probably get them!  But they wouldn't be the same as the originals to me.
Pretty much how I feel. It would be nice just to say that I had the rare pony, but the original would still hold more value, for numerous reasons. I wouldn't really consider the remakes to be the same pony, if that makes any sense. Especially since the original ponies are almost 30 years old! I think remade G4s would be the only ones that I considered to be the same pony, but none of those are exceptionally rare right now, anyway.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2012, 06:26:48 AM »
I would only like it if it were done in the current mold - not that I'm crazy for G4s, but I wasn't particularly wild about the G1 remakes of the collector's ponies and the rainbow ponies.  Sure, it was fun to see them on the shelves with the 80s artwork and stuff, but they just weren't the same.  And I kind of like seeing G1-to-G3 and G1-to-G4 ponies.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal