collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Translucent Ponies - Interesting Info  (Read 6186 times)

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Translucent Ponies - Interesting Info
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2012, 11:04:52 PM »
Could it be that they are just old prototypes? I honestly do not think they will be released like this. I think they will be released with the body glitter, and that these are just prototypes/unfinished with out the glitter. Like a employee "stole" them from the production line before they were glittered.

Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2012, 11:16:20 PM »
Hmm, I have a Rarity that is supposedly pretty old that I got from Rite Aid, just sitting there for who knows how long. Her number is 02491, so she might be a 1st wave.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2012, 04:22:51 AM »
Hate to tell you, but if these are anything like the G3 glitter ponies with translucent bodies,many of them only held up for a few years before their plastic started to break down and become a sticky mess. I've had some luck with filling the bodies with silica beads to keep them dry but you can see them through the body.

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2012, 05:37:39 AM »
Ewww, sticky plastic sounds like a health hazard. I hear PVC is toxic.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2012, 05:44:51 AM »
These are really pretty!  It is going to be hard for me not to buy them if they are released.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2012, 09:13:37 AM »
Hate to tell you, but if these are anything like the G3 glitter ponies with translucent bodies,many of them only held up for a few years before their plastic started to break down and become a sticky mess. I've had some luck with filling the bodies with silica beads to keep them dry but you can see them through the body.

o.0 Uh... this is not true AT ALL. I am an avid collector of G3's and NONE of my Divine Shine ponies (translucent ones with glitter) are breaking down at all, they're not sticky and are all in the same shape as when I first bought them. I do not keep mine MIB either.

Maybe you had some that come from a bad batch, or the factory that supplies the ponies for your area messed up, but they are not all like that.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2012, 03:05:15 PM »
Half of mine are like this and I've heard I'm lucky the others are holding up.

Stroggos

« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2012, 03:58:29 PM »
I wonder if Hasbro still keeps track of the foot number system or whether it's left on as some kind of gallows conspiracy humour.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2012, 03:59:24 PM »
I must have that Rarity :faint:

I do hope we see more like this and not with glitter all over! I like them like this :)
My Wish List

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2012, 07:14:33 PM »
I'm a sucker for see through ponies. I can't wait to see these in the stores. I'd LOVE a pearly/glittery see through Luna. :D
~Foxtale~

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2012, 08:19:53 PM »
If the number on the foot corresponds to the year of release, then I'm thinking (hoping) that this might just mean the prototypes are old and not that they aren't being released.  Taobao's usually the first to release new stuff, it seems unlikely to me that a seller would have just sat on these - unless Hasbro has been tweaking them for awhile?

Fluttershy's dark pink hair doesn't concern me, though as it *is* a prototype and they may have been just grabbing whatever hair was available.  Or deciding what color they preferred with that body material.  Or it was a mistake.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2012, 08:39:24 PM »
My Sunny Rays that I got today says "20961" and my Trixie says "20961" as well. hm.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2012, 02:13:33 AM »
The numbers under the feet do indeed act as a "date coder" for the day of manufacture much as with much earlier gens who simply got a year '83 or 2003 stamped.

You will have a 5 digit code...the first number is the year - so 0 = 2010, 1 = 2011 and 2 = 2012...the next 3 numbers are the date of that year so 001 would be 1st of January, 128 would be 7th of May [forgive me if my maths is out there]. The  last number will increase the further into the line we go. At the moment, I think all numbers will end with 1 as for HB this is the first manufacturing run of the line. It has also in the past been known to indicate different factory/manufacturer sources. So each factory may have a different number; it depends on the scale of the line but essentially the last number is a HB internal reference and not as relevant as the other dates.

Hope that makes sense :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline BrightIdea

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2012, 11:44:44 AM »
The numbers under the feet do indeed act as a "date coder" for the day of manufacture much as with much earlier gens who simply got a year '83 or 2003 stamped.

You will have a 5 digit code...the first number is the year - so 0 = 2010, 1 = 2011 and 2 = 2012...the next 3 numbers are the date of that year so 001 would be 1st of January, 128 would be 7th of May [forgive me if my maths is out there]. The  last number will increase the further into the line we go. At the moment, I think all numbers will end with 1 as for HB this is the first manufacturing run of the line. It has also in the past been known to indicate different factory/manufacturer sources. So each factory may have a different number; it depends on the scale of the line but essentially the last number is a HB internal reference and not as relevant as the other dates.

Hope that makes sense :)

Woot!  Hathorcat you are my hero!  That totally makes sense. Thanks for the info.  I just sort of assumed it was a manufacture date since it made perfect sense. But now that you explained it, even awesomer!

And lol, what's with all the depressing "stolen pony" and "your pony is going to melt" and "your pony is going to be poisonous" talk, what a mood brightener.  :P   Haha, thanks for the warning I guess?

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2012, 02:59:51 PM »
Well I thought people might like to know that they might have to take care and keep an extra eye on them to watch for any signs they aren't holding up. If I'd have known about the G3's I'd sure have put silica in them sooner to keep them extra dried.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal