collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Translucent Ponies - Interesting Info  (Read 6130 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Translucent Ponies - Interesting Info
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2012, 04:19:43 PM »
The numbers under the feet do indeed act as a "date coder" for the day of manufacture much as with much earlier gens who simply got a year '83 or 2003 stamped.

You will have a 5 digit code...the first number is the year - so 0 = 2010, 1 = 2011 and 2 = 2012...the next 3 numbers are the date of that year so 001 would be 1st of January, 128 would be 7th of May [forgive me if my maths is out there]. The  last number will increase the further into the line we go. At the moment, I think all numbers will end with 1 as for HB this is the first manufacturing run of the line. It has also in the past been known to indicate different factory/manufacturer sources. So each factory may have a different number; it depends on the scale of the line but essentially the last number is a HB internal reference and not as relevant as the other dates.

Hope that makes sense :)

Woot!  Hathorcat you are my hero!  That totally makes sense. Thanks for the info.  I just sort of assumed it was a manufacture date since it made perfect sense. But now that you explained it, even awesomer!

No problem :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Re: Translucent Ponies - Interesting Info
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2012, 04:43:47 PM »
The numbers under the feet do indeed act as a "date coder" for the day of manufacture much as with much earlier gens who simply got a year '83 or 2003 stamped.

You will have a 5 digit code...the first number is the year - so 0 = 2010, 1 = 2011 and 2 = 2012...the next 3 numbers are the date of that year so 001 would be 1st of January, 128 would be 7th of May [forgive me if my maths is out there]. The  last number will increase the further into the line we go. At the moment, I think all numbers will end with 1 as for HB this is the first manufacturing run of the line. It has also in the past been known to indicate different factory/manufacturer sources. So each factory may have a different number; it depends on the scale of the line but essentially the last number is a HB internal reference and not as relevant as the other dates.

Hope that makes sense :)
Interesting, I'm going to have to look at the hooves on my G4s now XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal