collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: US Blind Bags Wave 3 and Wave 4- Where have they been found?  (Read 33419 times)

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: US Blind Bags Wave 3 and Wave 4- Where have they been found?
« Reply #330 on: September 09, 2012, 05:15:35 PM »
My walmart during a major restock was selling the wave 3's (only one box) but when the new toys came in they replaced them with the wave 4 blind bags.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 09, 2012, 05:24:10 PM »
I am SO happy! I called TRU and they said they had tons of the purple bags. They weren't kidding either! I went there and they had the equivalent of about three full cases.

One thing that did frustrate me though is it's hard to read the numbers printed on the bags. I had a cheat sheet and it was useless. I ended up just buying a full case of them even though I know I have at least eight duplicates. I know I can use some of them for swaps that I am in, so it isn't a bother. The others will be used to decorate my cubicle at work, LOL. If my boss doesn't mind.

But still! I was overjoyed! I thought I'd NEVER find them. So I'm all caught up on blind bags released in the US. Whoohoo!
Ohhh which TRU ?! I still need three to complete my set!

Sunset Hills. They had TONS of them, so I don't think you have to worry about them selling out too fast.
Sweeet thanks! I got the three I still needed easily!  :P

will2Bfree

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #332 on: September 09, 2012, 05:36:08 PM »
So my walmart just restocked another box of wave 4's and on a whim I picked up another Twilight Sky ('cuz he's just so awesome). I noticed the new one's eyes are a much darker shade. It would actually be a neat difference if they were properly aligned, unfortunately one of them is a little wonky.

Anyways, part of the reason I originally found Twilight Sky so charming is because his eyes match his cutie mark. It actually annoys me that on the non-glittery version of him we've seen, they changed the color of his cutie mark to some ugly tan color. *pouts* But that's not the point.

At first I thought maybe it was just a normal variation in the paint color the way some of the clear blindbags have a variation in the color of the plastic, but then another thought occured to me. I didn't get any of the other boys from this wave, but from pictures it looks like he might have gotten Mosely Orange's eyes. What do you think?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 09, 2012, 07:00:00 PM »
Ugh I have only been able to find one bag of the w4, no w3.

Question, how much do the prices differ per store? Is tru more than wal mart?
~Foxtale~

Bronley

« Reply #334 on: September 09, 2012, 07:54:20 PM »
Ugh I have only been able to find one bag of the w4, no w3.

Question, how much do the prices differ per store? Is tru more than wal mart?
Prices for my local stores (only Kmart has had different prices at different stores):
Kmart: was $2.99, currently $1.50 at some stores! (only Wave 1 so far).
Walmart: $1.98
Sears Grand: $1.99
Toys R Us: $2.99
Target: $2.99

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 10, 2012, 10:23:42 AM »
I found a full box of the Purple wave!!!!  FINALLY!  I was able to get the ones I needed and I picked up the boys for trading. 

It was funny, I just looked yesterday and they didn't have them, but decided to check in one more time today.  They were not on the pony shelf (which did have a box of the pink bags), but were on the opposite shelf with other toys.  They surprised me when I turned around. 

They also have 5 Zecoras. 

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 10, 2012, 03:49:41 PM »
So my walmart just restocked another box of wave 4's and on a whim I picked up another Twilight Sky ('cuz he's just so awesome). I noticed the new one's eyes are a much darker shade. It would actually be a neat difference if they were properly aligned, unfortunately one of them is a little wonky.

Anyways, part of the reason I originally found Twilight Sky so charming is because his eyes match his cutie mark. It actually annoys me that on the non-glittery version of him we've seen, they changed the color of his cutie mark to some ugly tan color. *pouts* But that's not the point.

At first I thought maybe it was just a normal variation in the paint color the way some of the clear blindbags have a variation in the color of the plastic, but then another thought occured to me. I didn't get any of the other boys from this wave, but from pictures it looks like he might have gotten Mosely Orange's eyes. What do you think?

#

His eyes do look different but personally I would put that down to the sheer quantity of them being produced and different batches in manufacturing.
Well spotted though!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Lucky Gamble

« Reply #337 on: October 02, 2012, 11:32:17 AM »
The Wal-Marts in the Sarasota County area in Florida all stocked Wave 4 directly after Wave 1 for some reason.  Me and my pals can't find Wave 3 anywhere, not even at TRU.  It's driving us up the wall.  D:

I'm still bummed that Wave 2 isn't over here yet.  Tealove is hands-down my favorite blindbag and now I don't think I'll ever be able to get her.  ;A;

Bronley

« Reply #338 on: October 02, 2012, 11:41:00 AM »
The Wal-Marts in the Sarasota County area in Florida all stocked Wave 4 directly after Wave 1 for some reason.  Me and my pals can't find Wave 3 anywhere, not even at TRU.  It's driving us up the wall.  D:

I'm still bummed that Wave 2 isn't over here yet.  Tealove is hands-down my favorite blindbag and now I don't think I'll ever be able to get her.  ;A;
My local Walmarts got wave 3 and then wave 4 months ago and only had wave 4 for quite a while. But, just last week several of them got end-cap dispensers full of wave 3!

Note there are 2 boxes of blind bags here, the upper one was not accessible without picking it up.

So, check again on the end caps!

Or, trade/buy them from me on my trade/sale thread linked below.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #339 on: October 02, 2012, 02:18:05 PM »
Bronley! Are you saying these Walmarts _just_barely_ put out the purple end cap boxes? or they've been there for a few months, just restocked?    Did this walmart have them before?

Bronley

« Reply #340 on: October 02, 2012, 02:45:17 PM »
Bronley! Are you saying these Walmarts _just_barely_ put out the purple end cap boxes? or they've been there for a few months, just restocked?    Did this walmart have them before?
I think the purple end-cap has been there for a while (not absolutely sure at this Lindon store), but the blue Blind Bag dispensers are definitely new (and filled with 48 purple wave 3 blind bags each).

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #341 on: October 02, 2012, 03:04:14 PM »
I think the purple end-cap has been there for a while (not absolutely sure at this Lindon store), but the blue Blind Bag dispensers are definitely new (and filled with 48 purple wave 3 blind bags each).

it almost seems as if they replaced the poster boxes with those BB boxes...

Bronley

« Reply #342 on: October 02, 2012, 03:05:38 PM »

it almost seems as if they replaced the poster boxes with those BB boxes...
The poster box was there too, hidden on another shelf, mostly full. I grabbed a few spares if anyone needs (free, just shipping).

ValhallaLilly

« Reply #343 on: October 18, 2012, 06:13:34 AM »
I found wave 1 bags at Kmart, Walgreens, Walmart, TRU, and Hot Topic. However I think I bought up most of those in the area and haven't seen any more boxes show up.

Only thing is I think Kmart is getting rid of theirs as last I saw they had 2 left of wave 3 bags. Same with Walgreens. The wave 3 bags there were on clearance and in their new section of various other blind bag toys there were no MLP boxes.

The only place I've seen them regularly is Walmart. Although I've been seeing lots of Blue bag boxes with wave 3 bags in them. And the endcap displays at a few walmarts too for a while now. Not sure where are all the blue bags went so fast.

TRU brought out a new box of wave 3 for me and mentioned having another box in the back, which wave idk but I assume probably another wave 3. THey don't seem to go through them very fast though.

Seems like my places to find new bags are getting smaller. At least we have several Walmarts to stalk. :/

Are the yellow/green bags out yet in the US? I know it says 2012 but I wasn't sure.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 18, 2012, 03:45:51 PM »
Are the yellow/green bags out yet in the US? I know it says 2012 but I wasn't sure.

I havent seen anyone track them down yet, no.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal