collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ribbons and hearts, 2010 breast cancer awareness pony  (Read 2568 times)

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
Re: ribbons and hearts, 2010 breast cancer awareness pony
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2012, 05:34:56 AM »
But that is almost my point exactly.  They researched a cause, found someone who works in that cause, decided on an amount they were going to donate, made the pony, got all the way to boxed ponies, and then what?  It does suspiciously look like a change in direction of the line is the reason, as it coincided with FiM's release.  But what about the charity?  It seems kinda rude to get that far and go... actually we changed out mind, we don't want to do that any more. 

I work in advertising primarily campaign/product launches for retailers...you would be amazed by the volume of products which get as far as factory production and are then pulled. The reasons can be anything from not enough commitment from retailers, a big news story which lights the product a different way, discovery a competitor is about to do something similar or simply a marketing/operations/brand decision. I even had a client pull a new range of trainers/sneakers which we had committed tens of thousands of dollars on initial marketing material tp not to mention the factory stock simply because the company got a new Global Marketing Director who didnt think the product "fit" his new brand image.

The fact they made this pony and had this plan of donating that much money and then canned it, for what I can only assume is because of FiM, makes me really think hasbro are heartless monsters. 
With out speaking with Hasbro you can not assume that was the reason.  There can be many other reason a large organize chooses not to produce something to raise money for another charity.

That is true, and it is a big presumption on my behalf, but as she got to the point of being in boxes ready to go, and she was not released.  And she didn't show up in boxes until FiM started airing.  There is a lot of circumstantial evidence. 

Why would a company go 'Hmmmm... making a pony to raise money for 'x' would be a good idea' then find a charity to support, decide on an amount, make the pony, make the box art for the pony, produce the pony in the box, and then go, 'nah, changed our mind'.  I guess the charity they chose may not have been a good one, but it just seems that surely they would have realised that earlier than getting the pony to box production stage.  I could still be wrong, but it is what I'm going to think until someone gives a more reasonable reason, or Hasbro say something officially (and even then, I am in the I don't really believe anything hasbro says frame of mind considering how many times they've officially lied to members of the public).

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2012, 10:53:50 AM »
It could well have been a line redirection as well in the move from G3 to 3.5...its very difficult to know...it could even have been the charity deciding it didn't want to proceed - it need not have been a Hasbro decision even although that's the most likely angle. Sometimes the decisions make sense on the surface...sometimes they just seem so random. But any which way it was a commercial judgement to simply not put her into mass production.

Hey...HB love to confuse us after all!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline angel_rose

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+50)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2012, 05:38:29 PM »
Beautiful pic! Wish I had her. Tried to get her from Dinodirect but no luck. I've been in treatment for breast cancer for over a year.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kisscurl

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://kisscurlsponies.weebly.com/index.html
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2012, 05:50:29 PM »
I'm so glad I managed to get one, although she is flawed and I had to make her a bow I'm chuffed either way, I did ask Hasbro here in Australia if we were going to get any and their response was unfortunately no because it hadn't gone into production in the u.s.

Sad either way I think it would have been a big seller for them..

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2012, 05:05:59 AM »
Beautiful pic! Wish I had her. Tried to get her from Dinodirect but no luck. I've been in treatment for breast cancer for over a year.

:hug: I hope you are doing ok.  :hug:
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2012, 06:30:36 PM »
me to I send lots of hugs xxx

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2012, 07:02:21 PM »
Man i wish they released that pony. She was so pretty, and she was for a good cause. :D
~Foxtale~

Offline hellapostalia

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Hello sweetie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2012, 07:03:47 PM »
So beautiful!! I saw her on ebay a year or two ago ... I think she sold for around $80 (as another member said).

@ Angel_Rose ~ I do hope you're doing well. For better or worse, my family has a great deal of experience with cancer... sending you prayers, best wishes, and most importantly... multicolored ponies with heavenly scents and sparkles!!!
:biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal