collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ribbons and hearts, 2010 breast cancer awareness pony  (Read 2551 times)

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
Re: ribbons and hearts, 2010 breast cancer awareness pony
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 03:01:12 PM »
Oh wow. I would've loved to have bought her when she was available (albeit limited) online.  I lost three family members to breast cancer and it would've been a cool way to remember them.  I'll have to keep an eye out on Ebay... could be looking for a long time it seems!  ;)
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 03:09:20 PM »
That's a  beautiful pic, Sarah! I hadn't seen her in such detail before, she is gorgeous!!
It really is a puzzle why she was not released... :/

sarafina

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2012, 03:10:33 PM »
Oh my gosh, she's gorgeous...such a shame she wasn't released.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2012, 03:27:58 PM »
Oh cool I've never seen her MIB before! :lovey:

She's on my Most Wanted list but I've never actually seen her for sale :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2012, 04:28:24 PM »
Thanks so much Glacia! I had never seen those before...the information on her back card is very interesting as well!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 05:16:27 PM »
The fact they made this pony and had this plan of donating that much money and then canned it, for what I can only assume is because of FiM, makes me really think hasbro are heartless monsters. 

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 05:46:13 PM »
The fact they made this pony and had this plan of donating that much money and then canned it, for what I can only assume is because of FiM, makes me really think hasbro are heartless monsters. 
With out speaking with Hasbro you can not assume that was the reason.  There can be many other reason a large organize chooses not to produce something to raise money for another charity.

Like so many I have said I would have brought one, both my mother and grandmother where breast cancer survivors.  At least I have my two Breyer Breast Caner horse and will buy the new one as soon as I find it.

It is so awesome to see such good photos of her.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2012, 05:50:25 PM »
If memory serves me corretly, I think at some convention (I don't recall which, but it may have been a US pony fair), Hasbro was asked about this pony and the reps there didn't even know the pony existed.  It is a shame she wasn't officially released though, so many people would have bought her.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2012, 05:53:30 PM »
With out speaking with Hasbro you can not assume that was the reason.  There can be many other reason a large organize chooses not to produce something to raise money for another charity.

That is true, and it is a big presumption on my behalf, but as she got to the point of being in boxes ready to go, and she was not released.  And she didn't show up in boxes until FiM started airing.  There is a lot of circumstantial evidence. 

Why would a company go 'Hmmmm... making a pony to raise money for 'x' would be a good idea' then find a charity to support, decide on an amount, make the pony, make the box art for the pony, produce the pony in the box, and then go, 'nah, changed our mind'.  I guess the charity they chose may not have been a good one, but it just seems that surely they would have realised that earlier than getting the pony to box production stage.  I could still be wrong, but it is what I'm going to think until someone gives a more reasonable reason, or Hasbro say something officially (and even then, I am in the I don't really believe anything hasbro says frame of mind considering how many times they've officially lied to members of the public).

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2012, 06:33:31 PM »
Wait, didn't somebody say awhile back that they had trouble finding her a home with retailers?
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2012, 06:35:39 PM »

That is true, and it is a big presumption on my behalf, but as she got to the point of being in boxes ready to go, and she was not released.  And she didn't show up in boxes until FiM started airing.  There is a lot of circumstantial evidence. 

Why would a company go 'Hmmmm... making a pony to raise money for 'x' would be a good idea' then find a charity to support, decide on an amount, make the pony, make the box art for the pony, produce the pony in the box, and then go, 'nah, changed our mind'.  I guess the charity they chose may not have been a good one, but it just seems that surely they would have realised that earlier than getting the pony to box production stage.  I could still be wrong, but it is what I'm going to think until someone gives a more reasonable reason, or Hasbro say something officially (and even then, I am in the I don't really believe anything hasbro says frame of mind considering how many times they've officially lied to members of the public).
Not so unusual for things to show up when things are hot, in some of the other fields I have been involved with what comes out of the wood work when an item gets hot is unbelievable.  For instance when someone found a super hard colourway on a china horse I collect, and it sold for over $1,500 suddenly there where several on ebay.  Folks will sometimes sit on things till the market gets hot or at least warm.  Or they will buy it, enjoy it and move on to a new hobby and then sell it off.

As to the other part, I can use an example I was recently involved with - an organize that I volunteer for was up for a huge grant.  The person helping us thought we where a shoe in, but when the company who had the money looked at some of things that our group works with they said no and went with someone else.  So it can happen.

Post Merge: July 13, 2012, 06:36:36 PM

Wait, didn't somebody say awhile back that they had trouble finding her a home with retailers?
I find that kind of hard to believe but who knows, but since there are so many companies that offer pink things in October.  I could see a cost issue though or production issue stopping her from getting out.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 06:37:51 PM by Diamond »
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2012, 11:42:15 PM »
Such a pretty pony!  That I will never be able to afford.

*stares at MIB pics*

Seeing her MIB and being able to read Hasbro's intentions for the pony makes me even sadder that she was never officially released.  I'm pretty sure their other charity g3 (Twinkle Hope?) did decently well, at least amongst collectors, so it makes me sad that this didn't happen.  Of course, maybe Twinkle Hope didn't do *that* well and that's why they never sold Ribbons and Hearts.  I just wish they'd tried harder (with the admittance that I don't honestly know how hard they tried.). Like they could have done an online distribution or something?

Maybe she'll find a release someday as an Art pony or g4 concept?  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2012, 12:57:39 AM »
wow I am glad I asked you guys have so much info about ; ) Thanks. Sigh another expensive pony to add to my wantlist.
We should all email hasbro and see if they will release her for there 30th anniversy or something lol
Its a shame they didnt donate to breast cancer its a good cause

Offline Buffy

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Buffys Paradise
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2012, 03:43:26 AM »
I have also both versions loose and got a MIB one from a really great member here...btw I hope to see you again someday ;-)
The MIB one who was sold here at the arena, was sold for 180 Euro ;-)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2012, 04:20:32 AM »
I work in advertising primarily campaign/product launches for retailers...you would be amazed by the volume of products which get as far as factory production and are then pulled. The reasons can be anything from not enough commitment from retailers, a big news story which lights the product a different way, discovery a competitor is about to do something similar or simply a marketing/operations/brand decision. I even had a client pull a new range of trainers/sneakers which we had committed tens of thousands of dollars on initial marketing material tp not to mention the factory stock simply because the company got a new Global Marketing Director who didnt think the product "fit" his new brand image.

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal