collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: To all "Top Doll" contestants  (Read 2323 times)

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: To all "Top Doll" contestants
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2012, 09:45:01 AM »
Salli -- it's possible that it would have still been put on hold if it was all dolls except MH. But it may not have been.
We had several reasons, one being the large number of MH dolls in both contests. Had this one been different, we might have agreed to let it run its course, but no guarantee. It's a case-by-case thing :)

On the positive side, all those who want to enter this contest (as it seems icecrystal will be re-doing her entrants) will have a chance to do some model/photography practice, and this contest will be even more amazing. And maybe we will convince more non MH girls to give it a go

Alicat

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2012, 11:13:55 AM »

A question for Icecrystalline: is challenge 1 still going to be the same?  :biggrin: If so, I may take some pix before I eat my props XD

hahaha!! salli, I am sooo glad I did not get/make my props yet, because I would have been forced to eat them!!   oH noooooes!!!

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2012, 11:15:22 AM »

A question for Icecrystalline: is challenge 1 still going to be the same?  :biggrin: If so, I may take some pix before I eat my props XD

hahaha!! salli, I am sooo glad I did not get/make my props yet, because I would have been forced to eat them!!   oH noooooes!!!

This, so much!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2012, 11:33:58 AM »
I might not have so much going on when this does get started again and I might be able to join then.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2012, 11:53:54 AM »
Can I throw out that it seems to be okay that you all follow along and practice in the Non-contestant thread over in the ANTM forum with dolls other than MH. I would ask Tuney and the Mods, but I wouldn't see why not! :D

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2012, 12:00:19 PM »
Very true Aellos <3  That's one of my favorite threads! 

Midnight_Echo

« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2012, 12:39:32 PM »
Thank you mods for explaining some of the reasons that contributed to your decision. I appreciate "seeing" some of the process!

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2012, 01:13:28 PM »
Thank you for your understanding! :lovey:

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2012, 04:11:46 PM »
The NTD contest is essentially ANTM 2.0. There are only a handful of other dolls. So essentially they are the same contest, because barely any dolls entered that aren't MH. Being that they are the same format as well, is far too confusing.
Salli -- it's possible that it would have still been put on hold if it was all dolls except MH. But it may not have been.
We had several reasons, one being the large number of MH dolls in both contests. Had this one been different, we might have agreed to let it run its course, but no guarantee. It's a case-by-case thing :)

On the positive side, all those who want to enter this contest (as it seems icecrystal will be re-doing her entrants) will have a chance to do some model/photography practice, and this contest will be even more amazing. And maybe we will convince more non MH girls to give it a go

As one of the judges, I would just like to point out that while there were a lot of MH dolls entered, only four made it through. The remaining seven contestants were not MH dolls.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 04:21:30 PM by pukunui »

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2012, 04:54:05 PM »
I am very glad I wasn't able to enter, because I would be devastated if the one chance I had to enter was destroyed simply because MH dolls had a contest first. I find that incredibly unfair. And I fully agree with those saying people in ANTM not having enough time to enter Top Doll is not the fault of those holding the contest. Swaps aren't put on hold because some people have already joined as many as they can. People are expected to know their own limits and simply have to go without if they can't do more on the other parts of the site, why is the Dollhouse any different?

Despite reading all of the staff replies I still don't understand why this was put on hold. Its too similar to ANTM, but ANTM copies the TV show pretty much exactly (and there are/were lots of variations of real ANTM, like international versions). That honestly makes no sense to me. How would people get confused? The MH competition got its own subforum and "staff" (for the competition) account. The competition that allows non-MH dolls to shine? Got neither, nothing, nadda. In fact it got "put on hold" against the will of those who put a lot of time and hard work into setting it up. I'm very tried of MH being ~the best~ and seeing it treated so much better than other doll lines. We have TWO MH-only subforums, but can't even have one all-inclusive doll modeling competition.

I was really really REALLY excited and happy about the Dollhouse having a non-MH only modeling contest and for non-MH dolls to have a chance at the spotlight for once. I was thrilled to get a look at less popular dolls. I realize my opinion doesn't matter and nothing will change, and I'll probably get yelled at for it, but I have to say something. Usually I can at least understand where staff are coming from and respect it, but I just don't get it at all this time. :/

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2012, 05:12:12 PM »
thats it.

the topic is not up for debate.

locking this.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal