collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: To all "Top Doll" contestants  (Read 2322 times)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: To all "Top Doll" contestants
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 07:05:56 AM »
While it was allowable for people to be in both contests at once, for a lot of people there is a time constraint. I would LOVE to participate in a doll photo competition with my pullip, but I can barely manage to get things in for ANTM so there's no way I'd have time for both. I think only running one at a time is better to be able to allow more people to participate.

And as for why the decision came so late -well, I'm sure the mods had to have a discussion about it, and that can take time.

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 07:21:47 AM »
While it was allowable for people to be in both contests at once, for a lot of people there is a time constraint. I would LOVE to participate in a doll photo competition with my pullip, but I can barely manage to get things in for ANTM so there's no way I'd have time for both. I think only running one at a time is better to be able to allow more people to participate.

And as for why the decision came so late -well, I'm sure the mods had to have a discussion about it, and that can take time.

So...postponing it is for the benefit of those already participating in ANTM, who want to take part in both, but can't for personal reasons? I read 'cake' and 'eating it'... I agree with Vertefae's comparison to the Customs board - if people can't handle more than 1 swap at a time, then they choose not to enter any more. Sure people are disappointed if it was a theme they would've liked to participate in, but they know their own limits, plus the swap theme can be run again, eg. Top Doll Model Round 2.

I'm still failing to see how a seperate, member-run contest for any and all dolls can impact on an already-running one specifically for MH.

I'm sure there are more factors involved than just ANTM participants wanting to join in, and I'd love to hear them, because I feel that all the members involved and especially Icecrystalline and the other judges deserve to know why this was cut short so abruptly.
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 07:27:23 AM »

So...postponing it is for the benefit of those already participating in ANTM, who want to take part in both, but can't for personal reasons? I read 'cake' and 'eating it'... I agree with Vertefae's comparison to the Customs board - if people can't handle more than 1 swap at a time, then they choose not to enter any more. Sure people are disappointed if it was a theme they would've liked to participate in, but they know their own limits, plus the swap theme can be run again, eg. Top Doll Model Round 2.

I'm still failing to see how a seperate, member-run contest for any and all dolls can impact on an already-running one specifically for MH.

I'm sure there are more factors involved than just ANTM participants wanting to join in, and I'd love to hear them, because I feel that all the members involved and especially Icecrystalline and the other judges deserve to know why this was cut short so abruptly.

Fiwen, this just summed it all up. All my feelings about this. So thank you. You took the words out of my mouth and worded them better than I could. I just feel really hurt and let down after I tried so hard to put together something enjoyable for everyone with the aid of the other three fantastic members who I'm sure are also disappointed. :( I'd just like to also say: I don't mean it rudely, I respect the decision, all I'm saying is that I feel the decision could have been made a little earlier but obviously that isn't possible now. What's done is done. We can start up after ANTM finished, it'll give us something to look forward to :)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:35:03 AM by Icecrystalline »

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 07:30:15 AM »
The Mod team requested that Icecrystalline put the contest on hold for several reasons.  I will respectfully wait for an admin or Dollhouse Mod to address any further concerns.  This was not a fast decision and while we do regret the timing we ask that members please trust that we are here to help our members.   

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2012, 07:30:36 AM »
Wow, way to be extremely rude. If you're interested in more unity in the doll forum, being insulting to someone expressing their view on a subject is really not the way to go about it. That was incredibly uneccessary.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2012, 07:33:33 AM »
I don't think Fiwen meant it as rude. I think what she meant was this was seperate and individual, a place for everyone, not just MH collectors to unite and compete for fun.

I'm going to take my leave now, I don't want a fight to start. I hate fighting, especially over nothing :(
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:45:12 AM by Icecrystalline »

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2012, 07:35:15 AM »
I didn't think it came across as being that rude. I think the bottom line is that people would just like to know the reasons for postponing the competition, considering the timing of the announcement. A lot of people took time and effort to put this together, and I think they have a right to know why the decision was made, regardless of whether they agree or disagree with it.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2012, 07:41:18 AM »
Well considering I was the one it was directed at, I maintain that I felt it was rude, whether intentional or not. I was simply expressing my opinion that I don't think it's a bad idea to postpone it so more people can participate who'd like to, and I feel like I was being reprimaded and chastised just because I happen to have joined another contest first.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2012, 07:45:56 AM »
I'm still throwing out the fact that we could always wait for a Cycle 2. :D I know I want to enter my Pullip sometime.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2012, 07:46:57 AM »
That's why there was/is going to be a cycle 2 :) I said from the start that there would be a cycle 2 for contestants of ANTM who don't currently have time, some people did and were going to take part anyway :)
I know some people didn't have time this time round, I was planning at least two cycles for those people who missed the boat :)

Offline pop-girl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/mlppopgirl/pop-customs
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2012, 07:49:10 AM »
Here are some of the reasons discussed and why the majority of the mods felt it was best for the competition to be put on hold.

~The ANTD contest was originally planned by other members to run AFTER the current competition had ended.
~The contest rules, layout, and judging exactly copies the existing competition, which will cause confusion throughout both competitions.
~Icecrystalline is already hosting the 30 Day Doll Challenge, and we typically ask members to not take on too much at one time, one event at a time please.
~The rules originally were designed so that Monster High dolls were excluded, allowing other varieties of dolls to be featured.  This recently changed (which created an exact parallel contest).

I hope members will take these things into consideration and understand why the decision was made.
Love & Miss My Pony Peeps!  :lovey:

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2012, 07:51:39 AM »
One last question: will MH dolls still be allowed to enter when this starts up again, or will the contest start from scratch?
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2012, 07:52:57 AM »
Mosspath: MH dolls will still be allowed, I think since so many people love Monster High and wanted another chance to enter a competition, they should be given the chance to enter Monster High. xx

Alicat

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2012, 07:56:27 AM »
Thank you, admins, for the explanation.

well, I AM disappointed, simply because I have the free time now.  depending upon when this contest gets swinging again, I may or may not have the time to do it...  :sad:   School will be starting up again at the end of August. I have a full course load, and seeing as it has been <<cough>> 10 years, all my time will be on that.

Le Sigh, oh well!! It will give me a lot of time to work with my new camera, lighting, costuming, etc!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2012, 07:56:55 AM »
Of course, that'll be after ANTM is over so anyone with Monster High can enter.

Thank you for your answer Pop-Girl. :)

Luvlymelody was originally going to run this, and I too had the idea for quite some time. We both agreed Luvly wanted to become a judge so she did. We all four judges made sure fewer MH dolls were in the competition because we wanted to see more non-mh girls, after all this was for all doll varieties. :)

We can all have something to look forward to then :)
x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal