collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: To all "Top Doll" contestants  (Read 2321 times)

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
Re: To all "Top Doll" contestants
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2012, 07:58:08 AM »
Thank you, admins, for the explanation.

well, I AM disappointed, simply because I have the free time now.  depending upon when this contest gets swinging again, I may or may not have the time to do it...  :sad:   School will be starting up again at the end of August. I have a full course load, and seeing as it has been <<cough>> 10 years, all my time will be on that.

Le Sigh, oh well!! It will give me a lot of time to work with my new camera, lighting, costuming, etc!
I'm in the same boat, Alicat... I was happy that this was being run in the summer, but it'll be tough when school starts up again. Ah, well.

Thanks for the explaination, though, mods!
Mosspath: MH dolls will still be allowed, I think since so many people love Monster High and wanted another chance to enter a competition, they should be given the chance to enter Monster High. xx
I hope so!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2012, 08:00:27 AM »
Well considering I was the one it was directed at, I maintain that I felt it was rude, whether intentional or not. I was simply expressing my opinion that I don't think it's a bad idea to postpone it so more people can participate who'd like to, and I feel like I was being reprimaded and chastised just because I happen to have joined another contest first.

I'm sorry if you took my post as being rude, but for time constraints to be a reason for postponing this particular contest seemed a bit nonsensical, given the overall running of the Arena. I know you're well versed in boards other than the Dollhouse and thought you could sympathise with a comparison to the Customs board as given above. When people can't join a swap for whatever reason they have, they wait for the next time that swap rolls around. This is a widely accepted mentality here on the Arena.
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2012, 08:13:59 AM »
Well there were many reasons the contest was postponed, as Pop explained, and as Icecrystaline was apparently told already. I wasn't claiming that ANTM was the only reason it was postponed, I was simply stating that for my case I thought it was good that it was so more people could participate. I know no matter WHAT time it's run there will be people who can't participate for one reason or another. But for me to be told I want to "have my cake and eat it too" just because I expressed interest in wanting to participate in both contests is tasteless.

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2012, 08:15:28 AM »
while I can understand everyone being upset, the mods did not go into the decision lightly, as with every decision we made.
we put it on HOLD. Two large scale doll contests of the same format going on at the same time in a special interest sub-form on a MLP board is simply too much. I expect everyone to respect the mod decision and respect eachother.

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2012, 08:23:43 AM »
while I can understand everyone being upset, the mods did not go into the decision lightly, as with every decision we made.
we put it on HOLD. Two large scale doll contests of the same format going on at the same time in a special interest sub-form on a MLP board is simply too much. I expect everyone to respect the mod decision and respect eachother.

I respect your decision, but I do not agree with it. I still stand by the customs forum. How many contests, swaps etc run at one time in a special interest sub-forum? It does very much feel like a have your cake and eat it to decision. *shrug* that's just my opinion.

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2012, 08:25:48 AM »
The NTD contest is essentially ANTM 2.0. There are only a handful of other dolls. So essentially they are the same contest, because barely any dolls entered that aren't MH. Being that they are the same format as well, is far too confusing.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2012, 08:28:22 AM »
Please take into consideration that the Dollhouse has a site admin and a custom mod for the mod team.  It takes a lot to moderate a forum and keep things going smoothly.  Jupi and Loa are doing a fine job, but they are volunteers.  If they don't feel comfortable with watching over two contests at one time, that's another reason I can respect.   

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2012, 08:31:00 AM »
The NTD contest is essentially ANTM 2.0. There are only a handful of other dolls. So essentially they are the same contest, because barely any dolls entered that aren't MH. Being that they are the same format as well, is far too confusing.
So I'm guessing that the contest won't have MH dolls when it starts up again? It seems unfair that a reason for delaying it was becuase people didn't like the entries...
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2012, 08:43:22 AM »
So I'm guessing that the contest won't have MH dolls when it starts up again? It seems unfair that a reason for delaying it was becuase people didn't like the entries...

I never said that. The contest rules are up to the person running the contest. We never said people didn't like the entries. we said the contest at this juncture, is essentially the same contest that is already running.
You are free to participate in the non-contestant threads like many others are doing to get practice in. And when the other contest is over, icecrystalline, or you, or anyone who decides they want to take on the work and responsibility of running a contest is free to.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2012, 08:45:08 AM »
Thanks Jupi! I'll run it again after ANTM :) May just keep everyone's entries then if people want to use them again can, but there will be applicants again :)

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2012, 08:52:53 AM »
So the judging format needs to be changed for it to be viable? Seems a bit funny, given that that format works so well (many props to Tuney), and I don't see how there would be confusion, seeing as ANTM is contained in it's sub-forum.

Either way, I'm so glad you're still up for this, Ice, though repicking the contestants is a bit of a pain. Seems more like cancelling and starting over than simply being put 'on hold' :/ Here's hoping ANTM 2 doesn't come along too fast, else we might go through all this again...
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2012, 08:57:46 AM »
So the judging format needs to be changed for it to be viable? Seems a bit funny, given that that format works so well (many props to Tuney), and I don't see how there would be confusion, seeing as ANTM is contained in it's sub-forum.

Either way, I'm so glad you're still up for this, Ice, though repicking the contestants is a bit of a pain. Seems more like cancelling and starting over than simply being put 'on hold' :/ Here's hoping ANTM 2 doesn't come along too fast, else we might go through all this again...

Thank you for your wonderful support, this is my opinion also and you have worded it so well. I just hope we're given a chance to run a competition that means so much to so many people. :hug:

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2012, 09:08:08 AM »
again, I never said that the format had to be changed. Tuney got his original format for the television show.

and in the customs form we have multiple customs swaps going at the same time, but we never have 2 of the SAME swap (two Harry Potter swaps at the same time, for example)
These two contests are the same. It is far to confusing not only for the members, and the participants, but for ME.
And how is it fair to tuney or icecrystal to have their contests compete? they put in the hard work, as do all their contestants.

This is not a debate. The mods have taken all things into consideration. This contest is on hold until the one that was already running is completed. Again, you are more than welcomed to participate along with the other non-contestants. Feel free to use non MH dolls!
But this contest will not be re-opening until the other is completed.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2012, 09:32:11 AM »
I respect the mods decision and am bummed but not mad about it. I understand why and appreciate the many explanations that have been offered.

I don't agree that it would conflict with the ANTM much. Everyone who signed on to participate (judges and contestants) felt they had the time and energy to commit. HOWEVER, this isn't my site and I'm not the one who has to 'deal' with moderating it. So, I understand that I am a guest here and respect my host's/hostesses' wishes.

I do have a couple of questions, just to clarify for future ventures. If this contest had not allowed MH dolls would it still have been cancelled? (I am imagining the answer is still yes). If this contest had a different format and didn't allow MH dolls would it still have been cancelled?

A question for Icecrystalline: is challenge 1 still going to be the same?  :biggrin: If so, I may take some pix before I eat my props XD

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2012, 09:38:39 AM »
salli: yes it shall be :)
:hug: xxx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal