collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you have a problem with people cutting pony hair?  (Read 6630 times)

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
Re: Do you have a problem with people cutting pony hair?
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2012, 03:47:29 AM »
You can see the pictures of the rest of the mane six restyled on my profile page. I style their hair with capped pens and tape, I can't figure out how to make the straws stay lol. But Rarity's hair was definitely the hardest, that girl must use a huge curler and LOTS of hairspray.

I had a lookat your styled mane 6 chars and wow that do look amazing =) One side of me would actually really want some styled show accurate ponies (you made them look so gorgeous!), but the other side of me still shouts "Noooo! Don't cut ponies hair!" :P
~*Erica*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2012, 04:37:05 AM »
I don't mind at all. Everyone is entitled to do as they like with their own toy. But if I would buy a pony with cut hair? Not to the same price as one with uncut hair, no. I would buy it cheaper, if it was not showing very well or if I was planning on rehairing it anyway, but not to same price as a mint one (which is admitting to the fact that yes, in my opinion a pony with a haircut is not mint anymore).

So for me it is more thinking that it isn't very smart if you are planning on re-selling, as it would put the price of the pony considerably down. But if you are planning on keeping it anyway, it doesn't really matter, does it? ;)
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2012, 05:23:31 AM »
I don't like it, but only when people are so...crazy about it, and how they have to have it "show accurate". I have already illustrated my thoughts on the matter :)

That's your artwork?! I saw that picture floating around the interwebs a few days ago and laughed heartly at it!

Yeah, getting the hair show-accurate is completely fine as long as people are not freaking out over it and making a total a** out of themselves.
I think it's nice the G4s have that long, brushable mane. It allows everyone to style it the way they want to.
But the tails... they should really make them a bit more bushy. I added a second tail to my Applejack because her original one looked really puny when styled show-accurately  :lol:

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2012, 05:41:41 AM »
Cutting pony's hair is what really irks me at times. I know little girls like to play hairdressers, but do they really have use their toys to do that? To me it's a little waste, but maybe it's because I was brought up differently... :P

However, there are instances when hair cuts in ponies don't bother me that much - for example my Speedy has a significant portion of her tail cut, but that doesn't in any sense take away her charm. I think she still look really pretty despite this. :) But other than that, hair cuts in ponies, especially massive ones, irritate me: for example my Sea Breeze had a huge portion of her hair and tail cut, and on top of that, the stripes in her mane had been cut irregularly... grrrr... but the worst case yet has to be my Glory. Poor thing... when she first came to me, she practically had no hair at all (her tail was also missing) save for the blue stripe that makes up her mane. She's currently sunfading on my window, but as soon as she's through the process I'll rehair her and get her a new tail.

"Fan-made" cuts, to make a FiM pony look more show accurate are okay to me. Heck, I'd do it too with my Rainbow Dash, had I been more skillfull with scissors... I wouldn't want to screw her up. :P

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2012, 05:57:51 AM »
If I were to buy a pony I'd rather the mane and tail not be cut.  If it is cut, and it's a pony I really want, I would have to not be major.

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2012, 06:58:03 AM »
I only trim off strands that are way too long compared to the rest of the hair. I find it pretty common in my G4 ponies, actually. I don't think I could bring myself to cut their hair unless I was doing a custom.

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2012, 07:37:43 AM »
I don't mind finding a G2-on with cut hair.  However, with G1, I'm a bit more picky.  Though it really does depend on the pony for me...if it's a pony I've been REALLY wanting badly, or a pony from my childhood, I don't want it to have any haircuts.  A pony that I just kinda want?  It's ok if they have a haircut (I can always rehair if it bothers me). 
I'm all for people doing what they want to their ponies, even if I don't understand it (like giving G4's "show accurate" hair...I don't get that obsession).  Any way people can enjoy ponies is good by me ^_^ 

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2012, 08:46:11 AM »
I'm in the camp that I believe a person should be able to do whatever they want with their belongings, so be it HTF or common, if they want to cut their ponies' hair, heck, if they want to light the thing on fire, that's their business. It doesn't mean it won't make me cringe, but to each their own.

As much as I don't care for it on my own, I've seen some pony haircuts that were really good, and if that makes the owner happy then so be it. As long as the person understands that they're devaluing said pony and that they should be forthcoming about what was done if they ever go to resell, I really don't care at the end of the day.

Offline Rosette

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Pony Mail is Happy Mail :D
    • View Profile
    • My LiveJournal Blog
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2012, 08:50:16 AM »
I've seen some amazing transformations with show-accurate hair.  I don't think, however, that most people should try to hack off Rainbow Dash's hair.  I think it is an art form best left to experts and not scissor-wielding kids.  ;D

That said, I am usually pretty sad to find a perfect G1 pony...with a mohawk...so I don't want to mess with the current crop of ponies, at all.
I'm the Pony formerly known as "songtoisis".   ^.^

Offline frizzycat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Plastic Candy
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2012, 11:57:05 AM »
A lot of you guys are going to hate me then. I cut off all the hair. ^^;

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2012, 12:03:25 PM »
I trimmed the hair of my Fashion Style Twilight Sparkle to make her hair more show accurate. I don't bother with the small G4s because they're to tiny to do. I style all my Fashion Styles. I have no problem with others cutting thier hair as long as it isn't much and they don't cut all their hair off.

Well, what your doing is customizing. Which is kinda what I do with mine, except I trim because I suck at molding hair. No, I think what we're talking about here are people cutting it just to cut it, not for customizing reasons/
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 12:07:50 PM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2012, 12:14:49 PM »

Please donate the tails to me ;)

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2012, 01:15:30 PM »
When I was little, my sisters and I used to cut off the hair of the ponies that weren't as "pretty" to make them into boys  :yikes:

Now, I'd never go near one of my ponies with scissors, and I'd prefer to buy older generations with untouched hair.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2012, 02:45:55 PM »
I would never cut a G1's hair, but I would (and have) cut a G4's hair. The reason I do it is because with the G4s only having two poses, the only real way to set them apart (besides colors, but most are pink, so... ) is by their hairstyle. So some have curls, some are in ponytails, a few in braids, but after awhile I was seeing them all looking too similar, so I gave a few of them shorter hair, and they still look cute but also look different. I can't bring myself to cut the hair of Rainbow Flash, Daisy Dreams, Sweetie Swirl, Skywishes or Star Swirl, though. I'm never planning on selling my ponies, but if it ever does come down to it and I have to, I want the ones that were harder to come by in as close to mint condition as possible.

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2012, 02:54:48 PM »
Cutting pony's hair is what really irks me at times. I know little girls like to play hairdressers, but do they really have use their toys to do that? To me it's a little waste, but maybe it's because I was brought up differently...

Hehe, what else are they supposed to use? I think I'd rather my daughter cut her pony's hair than, say, her little sister's hair or her own hair. XD

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal