collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The CaM Appreciation Thread!!!  (Read 38552 times)

Melissa

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The CaM Appreciation Thread!!!
« Reply #1095 on: April 09, 2013, 08:20:32 AM »
I did cut my wig with an exacto knife (in between the rows of hair) to get the ears in. However the clippy things don't work that well. I used a ton of fabritac glue, and even still, I don't think I'll do much with her hair because the ears are on quite precariously.

Kenzi Dyson that's cute! But she's keeping just the one wig right?  :lol:
Love the outfit you put together!
Yes, just the one wig (because of her dang ears). My Kenzi won't be called upon to go undercover.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 09:26:04 AM by Melissa »

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: April 09, 2013, 08:23:58 AM »
No they have clips for the kids to use but they just look stupid when they are clipped on (IMO)... They just kind of "hang" out... I used a small pair of scissors to make a small hole in the wig... It makes it easier if you are using more than one wig... And most of the wigs I have are thick enough to cover the holes if I want someone else to wear the wig :)

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: April 09, 2013, 08:28:06 AM »
No they have clips for the kids to use but they just look stupid when they are clipped on (IMO)... They just kind of "hang" out... I used a small pair of scissors to make a small hole in the wig... It makes it easier if you are using more than one wig... And most of the wigs I have are thick enough to cover the holes if I want someone else to wear the wig :)
This is exactly the same thing i did with mine, although I used an exacto knife to make the hole

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: April 09, 2013, 08:29:09 AM »
I started a thread for this but it seems fitting here too. My local Canadian Superstore has all CaM sets for half price! Not sure if it applies to all stores.

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #1099 on: April 09, 2013, 06:17:02 PM »
Finally got myself the Ice/Blob set! I'm finding I really love the blob's body but I'm not a fan of her face. I do not like the orange eyes and makeup. Her face mold, my thoughts go from "what a cute round nose" to "she has a constipated scrunched up face." I like her but I dunno. And OMG that wig is HEAVY. This may be one doll I consider repainting and hairing.
Ice girl's eyes and makeup are fine with me but the lips stand out a bit too much. And I first wanted her badly because she was see-through but now I find myself wishing the rest of her body was more like her lower legs and arms.

The Walmart I picked them up at had a bunch of the Add-ons including the harpy and siren which i've never seen!. I really want the harpy but I hate having to go through the trouble of buying the torso and extra body parts for her  :huh:

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #1100 on: April 09, 2013, 06:25:57 PM »
And I first wanted her badly because she was see-through but now I find myself wishing the rest of her body was more like her lower legs and arms.
Same! The see-through torsos and limbs really aren't all that great. They should've just been translucent like the lower legs and head, rather than fully transparent. I like her anyway though.

The blob girl looks great with blue hair!

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1101 on: April 09, 2013, 07:28:29 PM »
I've left my blob girl bald and repainted her lips a dark color. I :heart: her so much now!!!

jennovazombie

« Reply #1102 on: April 10, 2013, 04:30:26 AM »
If I get the ice girl, I was planning on lightly sanding her with a super-fine-jewelry grit sandpaper to give her body a frosted look to match the rest of her. She's pretty, but kind of an odd character I guess.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #1103 on: April 10, 2013, 08:35:36 AM »
I have to ask.

How on earth do you get the werewolf ears on? Because I cannot figure it out. I thought she'd have holes in her head but apparently not.

Yeah, I still have not figured this out or been brave enough to try cutting anything to get them to stay on.  To me, this is the worst part of the CaM sets.  Why the heck does Mattel think that the clips actually work?  Right now my werewolf and werecat are both earless because of this.  I am afraid to cut anything because I am notorious for making things crooked or cutting too much.  I don't want to ruin the wigs or their heads.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Melissa

« Reply #1104 on: April 10, 2013, 09:24:21 AM »
One thing I recommend when cutting the wig is cut from the INSIDE. That way, even if the cuts don't end up working you're not really ruining the wig. Just cut the plastic inbetween the rows of hair. It's really relatively easy but I would be happy to try and do a tutorial once I get another character with ears.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: April 10, 2013, 05:32:41 PM »
I cut the clips off (because they are useless!) and push a thick needle through the wig cap.  This makes small holes for you to push the ear pegs into.  The holes are invisible, and you can put in as many as you want until you have the ear placement just the way you want it.  I keep the useless clips to put on the inside of the wig cap to "pinch" the wig cap, so that the ears don't fall off.  The best part of this method is that the ears can rotate 360 degrees, which makes for great pictures :heart:

I plan to "upgrade" to the nail method eventually though.  I believe that method to be more secure.  Someone suggested using screws, as well.  I might try that.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 05:34:33 PM by justkitter »
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Frankie Stein

« Reply #1106 on: April 10, 2013, 08:18:36 PM »
Thanks everyone for these tips for CAM ears :D

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: April 11, 2013, 03:08:49 AM »
i love this they are so cool

faunabay

« Reply #1108 on: April 11, 2013, 01:33:27 PM »
I am soooooo excited!!!  (jumping up and down) I got the seaweed wig ivybunny made for my sea monster Sireena.  I adore this!!!

Offline ivybunny84

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Sisters of the Moon Design
« Reply #1109 on: April 11, 2013, 05:17:05 PM »
I am soooooo excited!!!  (jumping up and down) I got the seaweed wig ivybunny made for my sea monster Sireena.  I adore this!!!

OH yay!! it looks so cute with that outfit on too!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal