collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The CaM Appreciation Thread!!!  (Read 38563 times)

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The CaM Appreciation Thread!!!
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2012, 05:13:52 PM »

AHH WRONG THREAD. Hold on, deleting and moving to the other thread.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 05:30:20 PM by aellos »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2012, 05:35:14 PM »
Wysteria, she looks great so far!  Thank you for those pics...that helps a TON!  Now...to start rehairing my dolls...this is not going to be fun xD  I have some hair from the dollar store, but I can't stand the texture...I really want to get dollyhair for mine.  xD 

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2012, 05:38:38 PM »
Wysteria, she looks great so far!  Thank you for those pics...that helps a TON!  Now...to start rehairing my dolls...this is not going to be fun xD  I have some hair from the dollar store, but I can't stand the texture...I really want to get dollyhair for mine.  xD 

Yeah, you will want to use good hair.   If you going to take the time to re-root you want to fully enjoy the results!   So far I have used hair from other MH dolls.   Well, and a bit of old My Little Pony hair for this one.  heh!

I am glad my pictures help!    I'll want to see pics if you do some re-rooting!  <3

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2012, 06:18:58 PM »
Of course!  I know what I am doing for my Sea Monster, and I am not sure about the others though.  I did get the torsos for my Witch and Dragon today too, so that was nice!  I am going to rehair them all, though it may be one at a time xD  I doubt I'll have the patience to do a bunch at once.  How many hanks of hair do you think I would need for one doll?  I want to do at least long hair....I was thinking maybe 2?  I have no clue what I need entirely. 

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2012, 06:30:00 PM »
To be honest, I have no idea about how many hanks of hair you need.   As so far I have just taken hair from one doll and put it on another.  I didn't have to measure the amount.   Someone else should be able to tell you though!

I agree with doing one at a time.   I think it would be overwhelming to do more than that!

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2012, 06:32:50 PM »
YAY! Finally one for the CAM's! I seriously love them more than the real MH characters! I can't wait to see the new sets that are supposed to be coming out. And seriously, Mattel needs to release the add on packs with their own torso...

Here's who I've got so far...
Jordan C. Howller, who is currently competing in ANTM Cycle 2 (if you haven't seen her yet!)

Hazel Spellman

Dragona Burns

My sea monster, Nessie Loch, is in the process of a rehair, so no pictures of her yet, but I'll post a few when shes done!

Texas, I guess how much hair you'd need depends on how thick you want it! So far, I've gone through 2 hanks from restoredoll, and i'm not even halfway done with Nessie. I want her hair SUPER thick though, so I can leave the hard cap in her head alone, and just style the hair around it.

p.s. Sorry if these pictures end up giant, I tried to resize them in photobucket, but for some reason they are still showing up ginormus! :/

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2012, 06:34:54 PM »
wystearya:  What method do you use to rehair?  Needle?  Reroot tool?  Do you just clip a plug of hair at Spectra's scalp to use, or...... well I guess that's the only way, right?  Do you find re-using doll hair is cheaper than buying loose hair?  Your reroots look epic!  I'm gonna be doing my first really soon. I'm using the hair from a Moxie Teenz wig.  I think I was inspired to, by your blue haired werecat.  She's perfection:)  I never thought to re-use doll hair before.  It seems a lot easier that way.....
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2012, 08:34:50 PM »
pukunui: OMG HE LOOKS AMAZING IN THE KILT! *makes with grabby hands* lol sooooooooo adorable! and sometimes, waiting for the "new" stuff has it's advantages ... 99% of us in the states never saw Clawd, or wave 2 of DotD :(

here's some shots of Dilanger in the hat with now flooffy wig to make it look redonkulous lol

and a quick question ... i've got it narrowed down to two wigs for Trisk (Dilanger's bestie lol) blue or blode with light blue stripes ... i'm leaning towards blue ...

"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline CasseminaPie

• Trade Count: (+31)
    • View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2012, 08:39:36 PM »
I like the blue better but the white would be really pretty if the fringe sat properly - but obviously can't because of her third eye :D
What wigs are they?
Come visit my blog!

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2012, 08:47:49 PM »
lol yeah, i'm working on taming the fringe lol, i've got a lot of wigs on the back burners so to speak lol

they're both Liv wigs. the blue is from a Liv for color doll and the blonde with stripes is off theAlice in wonderland Liv doll

i'm thinking the blue one too ... it's growing on me lol

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
  • Trade Count: (+40)
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2012, 09:17:03 PM »
I agree, the blue looks great. You could even put a few blonde streaks (or any color for that matter) into the wig for some contrast!

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2012, 09:20:54 PM »
I prefer the blue wig on her :)
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2012, 09:27:21 PM »
pukunui: OMG HE LOOKS AMAZING IN THE KILT! *makes with grabby hands* lol sooooooooo adorable!
I know, right? I got lucky because the Scotland Barbie I bought on eBay had had her head swapped, so I was the only bidder and it was only like $6. She also comes with bagpipes! I didn't want the Barbie, just the outfit and accessories, so I had it sent to a friend who's going to keep the doll and just send me the rest. Can't wait!

and sometimes, waiting for the "new" stuff has it's advantages ... 99% of us in the states never saw Clawd, or wave 2 of DotD :(
Yeah, sometimes it's worth waiting. It's just hard, though. We tend to get most things waaaaaay after everyone else does.  :huh:

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2012, 09:32:26 PM »
yeah, which is certainly no fun ... buuuuuuut you can buy em and sell em to all of us who never saw em! lmao and he so totally needs the bagpipes! and i just looked, that's a heck of a score you got on the scotland barbie o_O lol

and thanks for the feedback everyone! :) i'm gonna stick with the blue for now ... and as my hairing/accentuating skills are non-existant no awesome streaks will be added ... but yellow, or even green would be gorgeous ... to tie her body combo in ... lol
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 09:34:40 PM by kamakazee82 »

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2012, 09:39:24 PM »
yeah, which is certainly no fun ... buuuuuuut you can buy em and sell em to all of us who never saw em!
Exactly. There are pros and cons. One of the big cons is that we don't have Target or Toys R Us in this country, so we tend not to get any of the exclusives. We also don't seem to get things like the CAM sets either unfortunately.

lmao and he so totally needs the bagpipes! and i just looked, that's a heck of a score you got on the scotland barbie o_O lol
Totally (on both counts)!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal