collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The CaM Appreciation Thread!!!  (Read 38303 times)

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
Re: The CaM Appreciation Thread!!!
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2012, 08:29:14 AM »
NoD- you need to stop making me drool over the Skeleton CAM, because Kalma is perfection! I want one soooo bad, but scrounging around for the missing parts would be a pain. Might hold out until the Scaris line comes out (I think there's a Skeleton with that), but I'm not sure if I have enough self-restraint!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Echo_Shell

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • De Omnibus Dubitandem.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2012, 04:28:11 PM »
Echo, where did you get that jacket?  It's so awesome!  And the other gal, Hanako, reminds me of the girl off of the Grudge....  o.O  Cool, but def scary. 

I have been informed that Istarta's Jacket is from a Christmas Hannah Montana of some sort.  Dunno the specifics since I got it in a whole bag full of doll clothes at a thrift store maybe a year ago.

And yeah...that's kind of what I was going for with Hanako.  If you google Hanako-san, you'll discover she's a ghost of Japanese urban legend that haunts girls restrooms.

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2012, 06:11:05 PM »
I got the skeleton CAM set in the mail today!  (Bought it from Amazon.)  I had a body ready, but it took me a while to modify the leg pegs to fit.   The body I am using is from Cupid, so some modding was required.  I finally got it all to fit!

No pictures yet, but I am excited!   I can't wait to start re-rooting her hair!   Though, I was surprised/disappointed to see she has the hard headcap.  I thought that she would have the soft head.   Oh well, I still have my thick gauge needle.  LOL!

I do have a question for others who have the skeleton CAM:   
Are the limbs on yours a very light grey?   Her head is a nice white, but the limbs on mine have a slight grey tint to them.  Just wondering if this is normal.

Thanks!!

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2012, 03:19:10 AM »
I got the skeleton CAM set in the mail today!  (Bought it from Amazon.)  I had a body ready, but it took me a while to modify the leg pegs to fit.   The body I am using is from Cupid, so some modding was required.  I finally got it all to fit!

No pictures yet, but I am excited!   I can't wait to start re-rooting her hair!   Though, I was surprised/disappointed to see she has the hard headcap.  I thought that she would have the soft head.   Oh well, I still have my thick gauge needle.  LOL!

I do have a question for others who have the skeleton CAM:   
Are the limbs on yours a very light grey?   Her head is a nice white, but the limbs on mine have a slight grey tint to them.  Just wondering if this is normal.

Thanks!!

Yep, mine's like that too! Not a pure white like Cupid, more of a, well, skeletal grey!
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2012, 04:04:14 AM »
Heh, yes, a skeletal grey indeed!

She does look good with the white body though!   I'll have to get some pics of her tonight, even though she is still currently bald. 

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2012, 11:47:48 AM »
Ok, here are my guys and gals.  They need hair, but that will come in a few weeks, LOL! 

Also, my Skeleton girl has the skeleton torso.  It's neat, but I'm not super pleased with it  I intend to get a regular, white torso for her as well, LOL!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And here are my bags of monsters to make!  Almost all of them need torsos, but that should change soon for at least 3 of them.  =D 

Out of curiosity, has anyone painted the limbs to match?  What did you use and how did you do it?

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2012, 05:19:45 PM »

updated Hazel and Garboyle ... i don't think Hazel's Hazel anymore ... i need another witch ... *facepalm* lol and Garboyle now has a name Dilanger ... after an OC of mine lol
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2012, 06:09:04 PM »
Kamakazee: Your gargoyle boy looks hilarious with the long hair and the glasses. It's probably partly the angle and also the glasses, but it looks like he's scrunching up his mouth in disdain or something. He makes me think of a sort of hoity-toity artist type or something.

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2012, 06:15:33 PM »
he's not a fan of Hazel lol so that's what i was trying to go for with the upturned face ... Hazel kind of goes for any guy that moves while  Dilanger is much more reserved and isn't a fan of being touched (hence the hands behind his back too lol) ... two strikes against poor Hazel lol

the wig is a work in progress ... looks better than it did ... but getting a long haired girl doll wig to look non-girly is tough lol
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2012, 06:23:08 PM »
Aha. LOL. He needs one of those "I'm with stupid" shirts with the arrow pointing to the person standing next to you. ;)

By the way, how did you get that shirt on him without his wings getting in the way? Did you cut holes in the back? Those wings really limit his options for shirts. I'm thinking my guy is going to spend most of his time shirtless ...

Offline Moss

• Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2012, 06:39:36 PM »
Aaaand I caved and got the sea monster/ vampire pack. My sister took the vamp and a blue and blonde Liv wig, and I got the sea monster and the wig that came with the set. Pics tomorrow!
link

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2012, 06:55:57 PM »
GAH! Kamakazee! *whines*  You've got the shirt I want!  Cameron's 'True Hope' shirt!  Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie!  I saw the dolls today again at TRU.  They were on sale.  A whole dollar off :rolleyes:

Cameron seems to be clogging the shelves.  I suppose that's a good thing (for me :lol:)  I cannot justify $14 for a shirt, and MAYBE a hat.  That hat looks a tad big on your guy (even with hair :P)  Then there's the whole mess of getting rid of the rest of the doll.  I don't sell online (yet >_<)  I keep searching ebay for one, but no one has any bits for sale yet.  Just MIB.  For $25.  Without shipping.  Sigh.

Anyway.  Enough about the shirt.  He looks great.  And I think that photo is gonna make me dig out that black/yellow dress.  I originally hated it, but I think it's growing on me :biggrin:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2012, 06:59:10 PM »

updated Hazel and Garboyle ... i don't think Hazel's Hazel anymore ... i need another witch ... *facepalm* lol and Garboyle now has a name Dilanger ... after an OC of mine lol

He is glorious

Offline Moss

• Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2012, 09:30:32 PM »
My sea monster has been officially named: Kressida Kraken, or Kressie, for short.
link

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2012, 06:49:48 AM »
My CAM girls! The witch is still lacking a name, but the other two are Talvi and Corinth.

Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal