collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The CaM Appreciation Thread!!!  (Read 38555 times)

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The CaM Appreciation Thread!!!
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2012, 07:53:08 AM »
Well, I am going to start my re-hairing project today!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It is overcast here today, so this is the best picture I could get.  :P

I managed to find a Dot Dead Gorgeous Spectra doll's head on eBay the other day.  But I think it is a little too purple.  So, I am going to add in some bits of blue to better match the skeleton girl's face.   The blue hair is a G1 My Little Pony tail.  ;)

What do you think?   I am hoping it will look really nice when I am finished!   Oh, and boiling the hair definitely works to get the harsh bump out of it from the rubber bands.   :biggrin:

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2012, 08:57:30 AM »
She is going to look gorgeous!!  Great choice!  Is yours one of the soft caps or hard caps, and how are you dong the holes in the hard cap?   I certainly want to see what she looks like when she is done....is there any way you could take pics of all the holes in her head when you poke them?  I want to see so I have an idea of what I need to do for all my dolls xD  so many to rehair.... xD 

Also, that necklace looks great as a belt xD
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 09:05:02 AM by TexasGal »

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2012, 10:20:04 AM »
You read my mind, as I just came to post some progress pictures! 

She does have the hard cap, but it was not glued in and popped right off.  So, I took some pics of it:

You can see it has a half-circle shaped bit sticking out of the bottom of the cap.  I took my soldering iron and melted this part off. I ended up with just a disk.   I glued the disk back onto the head.   >> Melting off the rest made it *much* easier to melt in the holes.

With the use of a thick gauge needle heated in the flame of a candle, I was able to make holes for the hair in the hard cap.  It looks bad, but it was worse before sanding!

And here is the rest of her head covered in holes.  For these I just use a needle, no heat.  I first drew a line in pencil for her hairline and the rest was just a matter of poking lots of holes!

I hope this helps you TexasGal, and anyone else who is thinking about re-rooting one of the new CAM sets!   ^.^

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2012, 12:38:22 PM »
Can't wait to see an in-progress pic (hint! :D ) And the finished project. I am SO tempted to rehair Lilitha after ANTM, her wig is bloody awful.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2012, 01:15:42 PM »
Ah! She looks amazing! I cannot wait to see WIP pics of her being rehaired, god, looks so exciting!

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2012, 02:09:31 PM »
Can't wait to see an in-progress pic (hint! :D ) And the finished project. I am SO tempted to rehair Lilitha after ANTM, her wig is bloody awful.

Thanks!   Hint received, here are some more pics:

This is just the single outermost row of hair.  It took some time, as I was placing the colors in a pattern here. 
Light purple, blue, light purple, dark purple, light purple, blue, etc..  The nape of the neck is solid light purple.  I will do the part in the pattern and probably the row behind the front row too.  The rest will all the be light purple.  I think she is going to look great in the end!

Ah! She looks amazing! I cannot wait to see WIP pics of her being rehaired, god, looks so exciting!

Thank you!!  See above for more pics.  ;)

It takes lot of work and time, but the results are worth it!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2012, 02:15:33 PM »
Ah gorgeous!!!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2012, 02:43:54 PM »
She looks amazing!

I got an armless Cleo in the post today, I really want to rehair her but I'm a bit of a wuss lol...

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2012, 02:48:20 PM »
@pukunui: i left a gap in the velcro that closes the back of the shirt ... i am considering holes, because the shirt won't be going on any of my other guys lol

@grzankitter: i have yet to see EITHER of the boys on ANY shelf ANYWHERE around me ... i've have been through over 30 cases of the bratz/moxie true hope dolls and NOT A SIGLE BLOOMING BOY IN PERSON! arg! so i ordered them online ... :\ blarg ... and i wanted the dolls and the clothes, just so super cute in person lol (much better than the normal bratz boyz lol) the hat actually fits VERY well .. it just looks super huge on his head becausse of his cursid super duper extra floofy hair :( i'll try and get a pic of him in the hat with no wig, cause it looks nice too lol ... but the character has long dark hair with random white streaks ... so that wigs is PERFECT ... outside of the freaking floofy factor lol

and Wystearya ... she looks AMAZING!
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2012, 03:01:46 PM »
I'd love to see a photo without the wig, if you don't mind.  Maybe boil straightening the wig would help, or cutting out some of the underside plugs, to make the wig less thick?  Although I think he looks fine as is:)  Mine is a baldy, I only want a hat to cover the hole in his head.  I want the shirt for the Puma boy to cover the mismatched arms.  I actually made one, but I'm not a Home Ick student :lol:  I made a hat too, which kinda turned into a durag :huh:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2012, 03:20:39 PM »
yeah i really want another garg/vamp set so i can keep one bald, he does look really good that way ... would LOVE a whole flock of garboyles lol and i need a shirt for my puma boy too, but i was hoping for something brownish for him lol i can't promise anything ... but i might have a shirt/hat combo for ya in the nearish future if i can wheedle a younger cousin into the belief that a different shirt/hat looks better on his cameron ;) lol  and i'll get a pic of it tonight and post it tomorrow ... if crap doesn't hit the fan with family tonight ... fun fun things ahead ... :\

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2012, 03:25:19 PM »
@pukunui: i left a gap in the velcro that closes the back of the shirt ... i am considering holes, because the shirt won't be going on any of my other guys lol
Ah OK. Yeah. My gargoyle boy is wearing DotD Deuce's outfit sans shirt and vest at the moment. I bought a Scotland Barbie cheap on eBay, though, so he'll be getting a kilt sooner or later. ;)

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2012, 03:32:55 PM »
Hope all goes well with the fam:)  Sometimes they're just not worth it :lol:  Just kidding, of course.  Does he already have the doll?  As I said there are a crap-load down here.  Anyway, I'd love it if you could get your hands on it for me.  Hopes are not high, just in case.  I'm gonna have to get blinders to wear down the doll aisle, so I don't get distracted by all the prettys across from the MH dolls :P  I'd gladly buy the items, too.  Maybe he could buy something nice on ebay to replace the stuff I'd be taking.  I've been stalking ebay for bratz boyz clothes for my CAMs.  MGA made some really nice stuff for their guys.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2012, 03:48:56 PM »
i've got some bratz boyz stuff he can look through (bright colorful stuff lol) and he can choose what he wants, i just have to get something figured out so i can get the kiddos on a day off or i can get over there to see them so he can see the stuff lol  yeah, he has the doll ( i got the girls the girl dolls and the two boys the boy dolls, online again lol) he just needs to realize that his big cousin has much better clothes for him than a "little ole bland boring white thermal long sleeved shirt" ... of major epicness lmao so he'd be getting a good wardrobe in exchange for the shirt/hat/possibly shorts (cause the pants aren't long enough *pouty face*) he usually sees reason cause he knows i'm not going to steer him wrong lol

pukunui ... i could die ... i saw the second wave of DotD dolls ONCE at a Kmart near me ... and never again ... what i would do for that Deuce and his stock ... ugh ... *shakes head* i was sooooo stupid not to buy them :\ i bet garboyle looks SMOKIN in his stuff and i soooo totally want to see a pic when you get the kilt please. :) all i can picture is total adorable handsomeness!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 03:52:19 PM by kamakazee82 »

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2012, 05:02:25 PM »
pukunui ... i could die ... i saw the second wave of DotD dolls ONCE at a Kmart near me ... and never again ... what i would do for that Deuce and his stock ... ugh ... *shakes head* i was sooooo stupid not to buy them :\
That stinks. Most of the stores that stock MH around here recently got new DotD cases (w/o Clawdeen) and Sweet 1600 (w/ Clawd).

i bet garboyle looks SMOKIN in his stuff and i soooo totally want to see a pic when you get the kilt please. :) all i can picture is total adorable handsomeness!
He does look pretty awesome. I will take a pic soon.

This is not my pic, but it's the same kilt:

Aye, a hefty stunnin' lad! by Nataloons, on Flickr

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal