collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Thread  (Read 89877 times)

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Official Monster High Thread
« Reply #1425 on: July 19, 2012, 03:26:41 PM »
Now that I reread the description of the swim line again, I'm getting slightly bummed.
I kind of thought we'd get real swimming dolls! You know, like dolls that actually swim (on their own)?

That would be so cool.

I seem to think I had a doll like this as a child, obviously not MH, but a Barbie or Ariel or something that was supposed to swim? Am I sounding crazy or does anyone else remember this?

I agree with you pukunui, living next the The World's Most Beautiful Beaches makes bathing suit photos awesome..... now if only it would stop raining so I could go take these awesome photos!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 03:29:26 PM by rayedelsol »

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: July 19, 2012, 03:27:25 PM »
Couldn't they've done anything more fun than another bathing suit line, like maybe Space themed or Work themed. I don't own any of the GM or SS dolls, and the only reason i would if I just want the doll not the outfit. The only reason i would buy the new ones are if they are like.. mermaids

Also, so long time until January D: I want them now
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptable made by me

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #1427 on: July 19, 2012, 03:28:45 PM »
I seem to think I had a doll like this as a child, obviously not MH, but a Barbie or Ariel or something that was supposed to swim? Am I sounding crazy or does anyone else remember this?
There are Barbies that can swim in the bath, I believe. Or at least move their arms around like they're swimming ...

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: July 19, 2012, 04:39:01 PM »
I hope the Swimming Class dolls are different from SS and GB. Maybe they will turn out like the Classroom dolls, where they have lots of extra accessories?

Now that I reread the description of the swim line again, I'm getting slightly bummed.
I kind of thought we'd get real swimming dolls! You know, like dolls that actually swim (on their own)?

That would be so cool.

I remember those! And about a year ago, there was this swimming Baby Alive doll - I remember because she scared the poop outa me.
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: July 19, 2012, 05:04:44 PM »

That would be so cool.

I agree with you pukunui, living next the The World's Most Beautiful Beaches makes bathing suit photos awesome..... now if only it would stop raining so I could go take these awesome photos!

I had a scuba diving Barbie! I adored her as a kid! Not so useful out of the bath though...

Also, count me as another person excited for the Dance line! Another Lagoona! Woo!

Offline rayedelsol

• Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1430 on: July 19, 2012, 05:12:39 PM »
Also, count me as another person excited for the Dance line! Another Lagoona! Woo!

^This. I got my first Lagoona [SS] and then found my grail [Dead Tired] and now I feel like a Pokemon collector [Gotta catch 'em all!]

They had Dot Dead Gorgeous at my TRU yesterday, but when I had a little more money today, there weren't any.... scalpers in my area? Hmm... gonna have to step up my game

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: July 19, 2012, 05:14:35 PM »

^This. I got my first Lagoona [SS] and then found my grail [Dead Tired] and now I feel like a Pokemon collector [Gotta catch 'em all!]

They had Dot Dead Gorgeous at my TRU yesterday, but when I had a little more money today, there weren't any.... scalpers in my area? Hmm... gonna have to step up my game

Or maybe just people who also collect? Kids? It doesn't have to be scalpers as soon as a doll is not in the store the next day. They are there to be sold after all.

Offline rayedelsol

• Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1432 on: July 19, 2012, 05:18:30 PM »

Or maybe just people who also collect? Kids? It doesn't have to be scalpers as soon as a doll is not in the store the next day. They are there to be sold after all.

Very true :) When a doll I want isn't there the next day, I always hope that it went to a kid or another collector that will love it as much as I will :)

Here's hoping they will be Dot Dead Loved :)

Offline Saiko

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: July 19, 2012, 05:36:42 PM »
Today in TRU in England I found the Cat & Witch CAM starter pack, but no Vampire & Gargoyle pack, and no Vampire & Seamonster with two torsos. Does anyone know the assortment details for CAM starters? I'd like to know if I missed the others.

Just a side note to say I'm selling the Cat parts on eBay, without torso:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320948709767
:heart:

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: July 19, 2012, 06:13:07 PM »
I want big poofy dresses!! xD

This This THIS! Bring me Pooofy dresses! <3
POOOFFYY  :frolic:

Seriously this is why I like scary tales, sweet 1600, and Ghouls Rule so much. The outfits are so ornate and intricate; So much so that I'm very willing to pay more than usual to own these dolls. I understand they have to have a "cheap" basic option to appeal to customers with lower budgets but for fudges sake come on! There's a myriad of other activities besides "swimming".

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: July 19, 2012, 06:15:55 PM »
Grr...Venus and Robecca are all over eBay but not a single store in Connecticut has them!

Has anyone found them in Rhode Island or Mass? I'll be drivin through them next week.

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: July 19, 2012, 07:04:23 PM »
I just love when you are waiting for shipped dolls to arrive. You just feel so excited! :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptable made by me

Estelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1437 on: July 19, 2012, 07:08:56 PM »
So, I have been dying to ask this question:

If Mattel made a character from the Monster High TV/Youtube Shows, who would you want it to be?

Mine?
1. Invisi Billy - Spectra's boyfriend although he's be her cousin for me!
2. Sea monster seen on the opening scene of 'Substitute Creature' walking with Heath Burns. Known as Blue Scales boy on monster wiki
3. Heath Burns
4. The green haired girl in 'New Ghoul @ School ' in the scene with the cat girl.

So, who do you want as a doll?

I'd want more guys!
So totally Invisi Billy, Heath Burns and Andy from the "Escape from Skull Shores" special.
  ^.^

Offline mermaid_splash

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+167)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: July 19, 2012, 07:20:35 PM »
There are Barbies that can swim in the bath, I believe. Or at least move their arms around like they're swimming ...

Yes!  I was a competitive swimmer and there was an olympic swimming Barbie.  She could do "freestyle" and "backstroke" sort of.  I have one someone gave me as a gift :)

Offline rayedelsol

• Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1439 on: July 19, 2012, 07:42:48 PM »
Question for you: I haven't heard a lot of chatter about the two new Scaris girls, Jinafire and Skelita. Which one do you think you'll be going after more? I know they are far off, but its never too early to get a game plan :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal