collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Thread  (Read 89778 times)

Offline Airiel

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Professional Parasol Seeker
    • View Profile
Re: Official Monster High Thread
« Reply #780 on: July 13, 2012, 10:55:37 AM »
I don't know if it has been brought up, but I found the Design a Monster kit at TRU yesterday!  Looks pretty cool.  $39.99.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Airiel

"Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly."

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: July 13, 2012, 11:00:00 AM »
......I like this concept, but if they ARE Target exclusives, I would have rather seen an expansion of the Scary Tales line rather than start up something new.

I love the superheroines.  It's not like other lines that slap another pink dress on the same doll over and over:)  I think they thought outside of the box with Spectra's face stripe, and I like that.  It's a feature that not many dolls could pull off, or doll makers for that matter.  I wonder if they have to fight to release some of these dolls the way they want, from the sales point of view.  Anyway.  I would have LOVED a Scary Tales expansion, but who knows, maybe those are in the works too:)

Also, I'd like to say, I'm so so so glad that the reveals at CC are new and not anything from the recently leaked photos.  I was sad that nothing would be a surprise, and new and exciting this year.  I was wrong.  And I'm glad.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: July 13, 2012, 11:04:18 AM »
Posted this in MH wanted but can anyone get me the Howleen/Clawdeen pack? I prefer to trade but will buy!

Dibbles

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #783 on: July 13, 2012, 11:06:05 AM »
Posted this in MH wanted but can anyone get me the Howleen/Clawdeen pack? I prefer to trade but will buy!

I hear ya, I wish I had it too!!

Offline mlpcrazy

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 13, 2012, 11:08:22 AM »
......I like this concept, but if they ARE Target exclusives, I would have rather seen an expansion of the Scary Tales line rather than start up something new.

I love the superheroines.  It's not like other lines that slap another pink dress on the same doll over and over:)  I think they thought outside of the box with Spectra's face stripe, and I like that.  It's a feature that not many dolls could pull off, or doll makers for that matter.  I wonder if they have to fight to release some of these dolls the way they want, from the sales point of view.  Anyway.  I would have LOVED a Scary Tales expansion, but who knows, maybe those are in the works too:)

Also, I'd like to say, I'm so so so glad that the reveals at CC are new and not anything from the recently leaked photos.  I was sad that nothing would be a surprise, and new and exciting this year.  I was wrong.  And I'm glad.

I'm kind of thinking Mattel WANTED original characters, like Dead Fast, b/c they do a lot of crossovers with Polly Pockets and Barbie as DC superheroes.  Not to mention they do the DC Universe toys, so I'm sure they could have secured a licensing agreement if that's what they wanted. 

Not sure what I would have liked better, original or DC...I like both ideas, and Ghoulia definitely needed some friends to help in the crime fighting area.   :lol:

I'm glad there's new stuff too, can't wait to see the next reveal!!!

« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 11:10:07 AM by mlpcrazy »

Offline eristell_neko

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: July 13, 2012, 11:11:21 AM »
The new reveals for today are pretty cute. I think if I got Spectra I'd change out that plastic chain cape for a fabric one though. lol.

As for retail workers... Eh... Keep on mind that sometimes when you call it's VERY VERY BUSY, thus the employe has issues getting to the floor. If they call someone over a walkie there might be something lost in translation, so it's not the person you spoke to whose at fault, but the other person.

I know at my store we always try really hard to give the best service possible. I'm one of the longest working employes there and if I see a co-worker doing the 'let's put them on hold, pretend to go look, then tell them no' trick I will get onto them about it. I do keep in mind that sometimes our computer systems have errors, so when it says 'you have 4 in stock!' I will always check on the floor to make sure there is actually 4 there and not 0.

Also, always keep in mind that if you call, have a product number to tell the employe. A lot of employes aren't very knowledgeable about their product, especially in big box stores, so having a product number to look up either in the inventory system or on the website just to get a visual helps. Also be very specific. Just saying 'oh! I'm looking for a CAM set from MOnster High' doesn't help. Even I have to be specific with co workers in my store or at other locations. I had a guest looking for signature abbey and frankie 2.0 and when I called another store they were all 'yeah! we have those! and ghoulia and lagoona'. After a bit of clarification it turned out to be SS dolls and not signature. lol.

Also, keep in mind that for a lot of stores, the customers in store are 'more important' than the ones on the phone. Managers might have you stop what you're doing with a phone customer to help a in store customer, especially if the in store customer is being difficult.

TLDR Just give workers a little slack. Working in retail is tough. They might not be intending to give you bad information. Except for that one story of the person actually hearing the worker chat with a coworker while they were supposed to check an item. That is NOT kosher.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 13, 2012, 11:14:13 AM »
Now that they've changed the rules and have shown us that the reveals can potentially be more than one doll, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a new signature line. Hopefully there's no more exclusives. They've already hit the big three, Toys R' Us, Target, and Walmart, with Bloodgood, the Super Heroes, and Ghouls Rule Abbey, respectively, so it would be nice to see something a bit more evenly distributed to look forward to.

This year's tote bag is totally cute by the way:
http://mhinsider.tumblr.com/

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 13, 2012, 11:16:53 AM »
Yay! Got Venus and Robecca!

Online or from store?

Superheroes... I'm disappointed.. Spectra look horrible and Clawdeen is ok but now WOW... Hope Toralei will be better

Also, I can't enter that Tumblr Give away because it's only for people in the US :/

Adoptable made by me

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 13, 2012, 11:22:45 AM »
Superhero Clawdeen is ultra pretty. Love the hair.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 13, 2012, 11:23:39 AM »
Thanks to those of you who offered to help me find the real life GB Sunglasses.  Some wonderful Arena member  ;) came through for me, so my hunt is over:)  Just thought I'd let you all know, so you aren't wasting your time on me.  Thanks again :biggrin:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: July 13, 2012, 11:27:49 AM »
That's great!! Sorry I couldn't get the info for you quickly enough. I haven't gone to Walmart in a while since I don't usually shop there much but I'm glad someone else was able to help!!
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 13, 2012, 11:40:46 AM »
Amenoo - found them at target. Now, looking for a set for you!

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 13, 2012, 11:51:55 AM »
Amenoo - found them at target. Now, looking for a set for you!

IH thank you :D

And I got Cupid yesterday, thank you :D
I don't understand how awesome you are at packaging these dolls XD i couldn't get her back inside the box XD

Adoptable made by me

Offline Applejax

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 13, 2012, 12:07:49 PM »
Yay! Got Venus and Robecca!

Super congratulations! I am so happy for you!!!! My Target did not get them in, (I called them).

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: July 13, 2012, 12:10:57 PM »
Heads up, fashion packs for $3.98  at Target.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal