collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Thread  (Read 89785 times)

Offline mlpcrazy

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Official Monster High Thread
« Reply #750 on: July 13, 2012, 09:04:55 AM »
Facebook just updated with Wonder Wolf and Polterghoul

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 13, 2012, 09:07:11 AM »
I'm totally not defending retail workers here, but I like to think they try their best.  Obviously not when you can hear them talking instead of looking, but any other time :lol:  I work in retail myself (go to college kiddies!) and I know how it is.  We get shippments in everyday.  We are constantly restocking.  The stores are so big, there are alot of people involved with that one case, the customers, are looking for.

I'm an honest person, I'll do my best to find something for someone.  Sometimes I miss something, and I feel so badly.  I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who just don't care though.  Luck of the draw I guess.

Also when it comes to knowledge, I think any information an employee can give you is based on their experiences within the company.  My company will clearance out a product, and make it unavailable, and 6 months later it'll be on the newest plan-o-gram :rolleyes:  Meanwhile during those 6 months we are telling people their beloved item is discontinued and they'll never see it again.  Makes me look like a liar, too.  I've learned never to commit to an answer.  My general response is 'as of right now.....' because you never know what will happen 10 min later or 6 months later.

I hope I don't upset anyone here with this post.  I totally believe some employees don't help as often as they should.  I just like to think there's alot going on behind those double doors we don't know about.  And it should be stated I work in a grocery store, not a toy store, so I'm sure I don't even know half of what's going on, but I try my best to understand.  If I didn't, I probably wouldn't be collecting these very hard to find dolls.  During that drought of dolls we had right after Christmas, there were PLENTY of times I wanted to start throwing things (if there was anything on the shelf TO throw :lol:) but I just kept telling myself to look at it from the retailers point of view and not the customers.  Didn't help too much though :biggrin:

Sorry for the long post, and thanks to those of you who made it to the end:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 13, 2012, 09:07:39 AM »
Facebook just updated with Wonder Wolf and Polterghoul

Hmm... I am not quite wowed, but hopefully we'll see in person pics soon! They always look more exciting than these release shots :)

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 13, 2012, 09:10:10 AM »
Yes! More superheroine dolls! The copyright speculations were true, lol. My initial reaction was disappointment that it wasn't the premiere of a new character, but I love them, totally camp. I may have to track them down just to go with my Deadfast Ghoulia.

In a way these are such a tease though, lol. If they don't unveil DOA tomorrow after showing Bloodgood people are going to blow a gasket. ;) It's going to be the Comic Con spider-doll freakout, take two.

I'm surprised that they haven't showcased the "It's Alive" or "Scaris City of Frights" line yet, considering it's now the elephant in the room, though I suppose we did get a lot of dolls that we never saw at SDCC last year before 2011 was up so there's probably much more in store for 2012 that we won't get a good look at for months.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 09:29:18 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline CasseminaPie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #754 on: July 13, 2012, 09:10:39 AM »
Ohhh I love wonder wolf but not too sure about that raccoon stripe on spectra! Love her boots though!
Come visit my blog!

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: July 13, 2012, 09:12:11 AM »
I love the boots!  And Clawdeen's earings.  Does she have blonde highlights?

Also, I'm I only one who doesn't see Crimson's spoiler a couple pages back?  The box is there but it says it's empty :huh:  Is it just me?
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #756 on: July 13, 2012, 09:12:28 AM »
I...don't like them, to be honest.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 13, 2012, 09:13:10 AM »
I'm surprised that they did two dolls instead of one and it's totally unrelated to their first reveal. Kind of disappointed it's not new chars though, just a new line. Maybe they'll still reveal another new char today? It makes me really curious what tomorrows will be.

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: July 13, 2012, 09:13:41 AM »
Question!

I lucked across 3 geniune Moxie Teen wigs in our Pound Shop, will these fit MH, or should I sell them on while they're still MIB?
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 13, 2012, 09:21:16 AM »
Actually quite disappointed, I was hoping for more Ghoulia-like dead-fast ghouls.. hmm. I don't think I'll be getting them anytime soon! :huh:

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: July 13, 2012, 09:34:52 AM »
No comment on the superheroes.. lol... but I do have some good news for all the poor folks!

http://gorygazette.tumblr.com/post/27128134188/monster-voodoo-runs-wild-for-contest-it-wouldnt

If you have a tumblr, reblog that post and you are entered to win one of 5 Scarah/Hoodudes! One reblog per person and make sure the rules are on there!

Edit:

Spectra still looks AWFUL... but the outfits look better in this image than the promo shot.. but um... not looking forward to them. Also they are apparently Target exclusives -hides-
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 09:45:45 AM by Icicle »

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 13, 2012, 09:45:03 AM »
Hehe, late to this convo, but I think the reason why it seems like terrible retail workers are a plenty because they tend to stand out in our mind. Or maybe we've had a bad day and what seems like a bad worker, isn't so much.

But whatever the reason, just remember, there are those of us who are nice! :D We're just overshadowed by the not so nice ones.

I've actually had no problems with employees outside of a bit of miscommunication. Heck, I even had one who went out of her way for me. Sadly the doll I wanted wasn't there, but we tried! :D

And I kiiiinda like those superheroines...sorta?

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #762 on: July 13, 2012, 09:45:59 AM »
A...plastic, pink, chain cape? That...doesn't make any sense at all, really.

I think if you added actual fabric capes to Spectra and Clawdeen they would look a lot better. Clawdeen's outfit looks kind of sparse and Spectra's cape is just...weird. Not in a good way.

Dibbles

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #763 on: July 13, 2012, 09:56:49 AM »
First of all, I am a retail worker and, while I definitely know more than the average Target team member does about toys, I do always do everything I can to help you find something. :)

Second of all, YUCK I HATE THOSE SUPERHEROES. I like the headmistress, though.

Offline mlpcrazy

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 13, 2012, 09:58:57 AM »
I really like Clawdeen, and she does give me sort of a Wonder Woman vibe slightly, but I'm not really sure what to make of Spectra.  I know they aren't making literal translations of superheroes, but we should at least be able to tell what "super power" they have, and I have no clue what her's might be, I'm just...confused. 

I like this concept, but if they ARE Target exclusives, I would have rather seen an expansion of the Scary Tales line rather than start up something new.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal