collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do "imperfections" on your ponies bother you?  (Read 4062 times)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
Re: Do "imperfections" on your ponies bother you?
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2012, 08:43:51 PM »
Im definately not the super picky person. I also can't buy every pony I see near mint either. So I take what I can get and fix up what I can fix. I overlook head body mismatch if its not too bad. I think there are more flaws that I dont like cancer is one of them. I also dont care for regrind unless the whole pony turned a nice color from it. Other than that I really just love ponies the way they are.

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2012, 09:29:11 PM »
I don't think I'm super picky. The only spots I don't like are mold and cancer spots and tail rust because of the icky-ness that could be hidden inside a pony. Chew marks look painful.

I'm finding that there isn't much that can't be fixed with the above mentioned chemicals and techniques! ;)
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 09:31:06 PM »
I'm not very picky. I have plenty of flaws myself, so I try not to obsess over my ponies being perfect either :D

I'm okay with pretty much anything from marks to haircuts as long as it's not horribly severe, like totally riddled with regrind spots, or covered with cancer allll over, or a buzz cut. I don't really mind things like nicks/dents, eye/blush rubs, or writing under hooves. Head/body mismatch probably bugs me the most but I'll only mind if it's hugely different.

Of course I really enjoy my NM ponies but I also like strategically arranging the others' hair and placement on my shelves to make them look their best too.  ^.^
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Rion

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2012, 09:35:18 PM »
I tend to have a perfectionism OCD myself, so any little error I see can eat at me for ages.

Offline RavenWolf

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2012, 09:58:40 PM »
I'm not picky at all. When ever I get a pony, if I don't already have one of her, she goes into my collection. I'll upgrade if I happen to get one in better condition. But To me the "imperfections" are just a part of the ponies history, a story of where they've been and the adventures they must of had that caused them to be in the condition their in and I can't help wondering what all they've scene. I know its weird, but honestly its the minty mint ponies that make me a little sad, they must not have been loved or played with much. I loved my childhood ponies and I took very good care of them. But they still managed to get a few marks and scuffs along the way.

Like my very first pony Applejack, one day well brushing her tail, it came off. (I know now that it was because of the washer working its way off) I was always having to push her tail back in. And Dancing Butterflies my brother was mad over something and cut her tail really short, I was so mad at him at the time. Or GingerBread, My poor white Gingerbread, one day she was helping me fix my bike, I was called in for dinner and I left her lying on the red handle of the pliers in the garage for three days in the summer heat, she has a permanent red mark on her side. Or SS Ribbon who has a rub to her flocking on her back leg where the chain from the swing rubbed her leg the day my family stopped for a little picnic at this wonderful park on the way to moving to our new house.  :)

Sorry this got a little long winded but you get my meaning. All those little imperfections are marks the ponies earned.  :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Boldly going where no pony has gone before...

Water_Fire

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2012, 01:52:10 AM »
I'm not that fussy at all. I'll overlook pen marks and the like if it isn't on the display side. Both my Posey and Sundance have pen marks that I probably could sunfade out, but since you can't see them I just leave it alone.

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2012, 02:42:58 AM »
No not at all. I seem to end up feeling sorry for slightly baity ponies and trying to rescue them! I haven't come across any with bitten off bits yet, but I do have a pony with different colour head and body which is a little bit annoying. I don't mind dirty ponies or ponies with matted hair as I quite like conditioning them and restyling :) Also I have a baby Ember with a hair cut and I think she looks super-cute with a short punky tail!

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2012, 03:40:12 AM »
I am mostly a rescuer, really xD I don't mind most of imperfections. Marks, rubs, scratches, frizzy hair, small chews, etc etc, they don't bother me much - I always find a way to make them look cute in the end !

But I don't know much about this, since all the ponies I got so far are near perfection to me :D

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2012, 04:11:58 AM »
Oh yes, imperfections on ponies can bother me to no end :P I'm a very picky collector and a very picky person in general. Everything needs to be perfect and spotless (that's OCD for you >.<)

I can be ok with frizzy hair or dirt that washes off, but missmatched heads/bodies, penmarks, chewmarks, tailrust, agespots and so on is a big nono.
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2012, 05:07:02 AM »
I'm not picky really . I love to restore "baits" I looove cleaning up ponies, rehairing, curing tail rust.. whatever :heart:  I do have some very mint ponies in my herd,  but I also have some ponies that might be considered flawed/baity, but they just look so cute how they are that I dont wanna fix them (other than cleaning of course) .  The only flaw I dont like is cancer (brown splodge type) but if the pony is rare, or its one of my army ponies/fave ponies, then I make  exceptions  :good:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Moonracer

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2012, 05:27:31 AM »
It depends. When it comes to such minor flaws like symbol rub, paint scratch on eyes or minor hair cut I doesn't really bother me. As long as it isn't something that sticks out like a sore thumb, I'm fine with it. Not many of my ponies are perfect but they all look fine, and even great despite their flaws.

The one thing I usually have problem with are cancer spots, but I learned not to pay that much attention to them that much. It gets even better when I stumble upon a pony that has cancer dots in inconspicuous spots like my regular G1 Parasol.

Like I said as long as it's something that just can't be fixed or covered up, I don't have a problem with it.

Englishgothgirl

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2012, 06:33:10 AM »
I am a sucker for sea ponies, I will take them in any condition, no matter how bad... Rust, Regrind, Mould etc.

If its a sea pony I do not have, it will go with my collection upstairs in my pony suitcase, no matter the condition,  where I keep my ponies collection.

If I have it already it will go in my projects box :)

I will buy a sea pony I don't have no matter the condition, it will go in my collection until I see one in better condition to replace it, and then the one that is worse goes into the project box to be customised or restored no matter what condition,  I would never throw away a sea pony.

There's always space for sea ponies here :) lol

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2012, 06:49:09 AM »
I accept most ponies into my herd. I'd prefer no cancer & I want the cutie marks to be in good shape. Head/body mismatches don't bother me; I just necklace 'em a la Lemondrop. I just see 'em as tan lines. ;)
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2012, 08:05:20 AM »
No, I'm not too picky. I don't like mold but that's about it. I collect mainly G1s so I expect them to have some flaws.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2012, 08:49:55 AM »
Yes. I really don't like head / body mismatches, and I won't take a pony with cancer I'm afraid.. eye scratches don't bother me so much but it does irk me when eyes are not printed on the indents. I'm not overly fussed about minor marks or trimmed tails and manes (as long as they're not brutal!).. highlighter or anything non-removable would put me off, unless I was baiting the pony.

I like my girls to display nicely, and at the mo' I don't have the funds or resources to bait and restore damaged ponies.. I'd rather just recieve them in fair condition, you know? I know that everything has its flaws, but the little ocd fairy inside of me doesn't like marks or germies. XD
Fight like a girl..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal