collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do "imperfections" on your ponies bother you?  (Read 4061 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Do "imperfections" on your ponies bother you?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 05:09:31 PM »
As long as it's still got a mane and a head, not to mention 4 legs, I'm pretty satisfied.  Like HavACrumpet said, most of them can't be expected to be anywhere *near* perfect, so you take what you can afford.  I total agree with rescuing ponies - any of my rescues will never leave the herd despite their flaws. 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 05:12:32 PM »
totally depends where I get them from.  If I buy a new pony from the store, it better be next to perfect or I'll be annoyed.  I'm pretty much the same if I spend a lot of money on a g1.  It took me ages to get Mimic because if I'm spending around $100 for a pony, rare or not, I'm not buying one with horrible symbols, and a hair cut.  For this reason, I may never own Rapunzel :P

However, if I go to a thrift shop, and see a pony, it's coming home with me regardless of the condition.  I have some messed up ponies in my collection because of that.  But I like the bargain :P

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 05:26:50 PM »
Depends on the generation. G1, yeah, I think it's unreasonable to expect to collect only mint ponies unless you plan to have a small, probably expensive collection. G3s are still reasonably new and common enough that I feel I can be picky, plus I'm not serious about collecting them (or G2). G4s I want nice right out of the box, but I'm not TOO bothered by some factory flaws, even though I think they shouldn't have them.

MikaylaIsSoCoolLike

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 05:27:13 PM »
Since I have so few ponies not G4 in my herd, I'll let anyone join unless they're bald or have chew marks/chewed off parts. I don't know a place that sells plastic hair (unless you count wigs, but whatever) and I don't have a credit card, so I can't buy hair to rehair ponies. (The only exception is my Majesty, who had thin, brittle hair and ripped and missing plugs, so she's getting a rehair, just not for a while.) I'm also not good at matching colors, so if I have to sculpt a colored pony and have to paint over it, the new parts will be noticeable. They would be even more noticeable since I'm not the best at sculpting.

ughhhhhh. collecting things is difficult sometimes.

Offline Vampasaurus

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Champion of Kirkwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 05:30:08 PM »
I love some kinds of flaws.
I adore haircuts, small bite marks, names on the bottoms of hooves. (so cute) and things that look like battle scars or such.

but i hate others.
mismatched heads and bodies, plastic leak, and tail rust. even it's an easy fix, that means that the inside of the pony is most likely super gross.

http://vampasaurus.tumblr.com/

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 05:40:16 PM »
Hmm.. no not really.
I mean, if you collect G1's and your not getting them moc( phffft like any of us have the money for that... :sigh: i wish i did!!) most of these lil ladies are gonna have marks wear, age spots.. ect.. I just want to give them a good home and some tcl.
It makes me happy to see that they are still intact.. i love them with spots and all.
my newest lil lady "brush and groom boquet" has  couple of age spots.. but shes other wise in awsome shape and worth the money i gave for her ( i acutally got stupid lucky and found her on ebay for 5.00!!). I love all of the ones i got recently, and i cant wait for my three new so softs to arrive.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 05:43:37 PM »
I don't mind some flaws - I can handly scuffs, scratches, haircuts, minor cancer spots and even a chew mark or two if it's well hidden on a harder to find pony (my Hopscotch has a battered ear but her hair covers it well.). I can't stand mold or tail rust, eye rust on BBEs and mangy flocking unless it is a htf SS.  I don't mind pen marks of hey're discreet.  :)

I'm much pickier with g3s and g4s because they're so much easier to find.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 06:15:35 PM »
I just accept those imperfections for the most part. But some of them haunt me. (A chunk of my new Ranbow Dash's wing is stuck to her opposite wing, like it was molded that way! Bluhh.) I still buy them... Though I only buy online if they're in really good condition. I guess I'm less picky when I find them in-store?

Offline Buttersketch

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 06:19:52 PM »
I'm not too picky. If it's something that can be fixed or doesn't show when the pony is on display, I don't usually care.

Head/body mismatch is really the only thing that really bothers me. It's not really something you can fix, short of an FBR, and, of course, it shows when the pony is on display, so yeah. No.

comics |LJ|Tumblr|DA

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 06:21:28 PM »
I like imperfections, it gives me something to clean and work on. My old childhood ponies were in rough shape and have several flaws, but I've enjoyed cleaning them up. to me these new ponies are awesome, and I love having them. The only problem is acquiring them them as an adult doesn't mean as much. If I can get one to fix up and work on then it means a bit more than a prefect pony that was never mine to begin with. Haha I hope that makes sense. :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2012, 06:46:22 PM »
Well, imperfections doesn't bother me, ever. When you have to shop online for your ponies half of the time, you learn to accept it due to the difficulty of returning an item, or that imperfections form due to poor handling during transportation. Even local climate can cause imperfections to form.
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2012, 06:58:08 PM »
Oh yeah, sticky, plastisizer pony leaks are REALLY annoying.  My poor cat from the Pretty Parlor did that.  I cleaned him once and now he has no face or stripes.  D<  lol Poor thing.  When it all leaks out, I an repaint them lol

Tail rust doesn't bug me.  Rust in general doesn't bug me.

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2012, 07:11:00 PM »
Mmm... some stuff I can handle as long as it isn't a hugely distracting feature. I generally try to buy ponies without massive flaws, or ones that I know I am able to fix - I do like to make my ponies as pretty as they can be! What I DON'T like, is haircuts, or buying ponies which have had flaws not pointed out in the description. It's ironic writing this, as I'm fresh from opening a parcel I was so looking forward to getting and the pony is not mint as described, so I'm a tad on the grumpy side at the moment...

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2012, 07:28:47 PM »
Depends. If it's a tiny chipped ear from the blind bag and if everything on it is good, I let it passed. However, if its a chipped ear and chipped cheek, of course I'm gonna return it and get another one.
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012, 08:23:47 PM »
ahh when friends have seen my ponies they think I am a fussy collector ... however my fussiness depends on the pony. If its common then it has to be nm, if its hard to find I then I take what I can get ; )
I tolerate cancer, hair trim etc and dont really have any massive nos! Oh yes I dont like Big head and body mismatches or missing limbs!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal