collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Gmail Vs Hotmail  (Read 723 times)

Offline Bright_Glow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Gmail Vs Hotmail
« on: July 02, 2012, 01:11:38 PM »
I have got an e-mail adress in both company and I have got own epperiences too but I would like to hear about your experiences too.

Actually I don't have a @gmail.com e-mail adress but the Gmail system runs at the free e-mail company (Mailbox.hu) where I have and e-mail adress for many many years. It means my Mailbox e-mail box looks and function just like a normal Gmail inbox. Actually I really like it and I really like the dinamic theme which I use there and which shows the outside weather but it have got two big problem with it.

1.) It's too difficult and uncrlear for me especially next to hothail. Many of the buttons are hidden especially the spam menu so I can't automatically see when a new message appeared into the spam folder which is very bad thing especially with my second big problem.

2.) The spam filter. Actually it is quite good because I rarely got spam messages into my inbox but unfortunately I have got the problem for years now that sometimes I got the messages into the inbox from the same sender sometimes I find them in the SPAM folder. Example since I went to a University we had got the NEPTUN informatic system where we got the inportant informations for our sudying and I asked notificiton to my Mailbox e-mail adress and sometimes I got the notification e-mails to my inbox sometimes into the SPAM folder. Ok I was too lazy to change the-mail adress where I asked the notifications but still the problem is problem.

I like my hotmail e-mail adress too because it's clear and I can see the SPAM folder too, but I haven't got any problem with it's spam filter like I have with the other's and I use the basic options in both e-mail adress.
 I don't like thgat there are less theme in hotmail than in the Gmail and they are only on the top toolbar. I know the themes are not the important part of the inbox but it count's a lot for me just like my destop them in my Windows 7 operation system.

I read not long ago that Microsoft plan to change the hotmai to fit to the incoming Windows 8 which makes me a worry a bit about it will be more difficult and boring once it happening.

The biggest thing I enjoy in hotmail is the SkyDrive which is part of the hotmail and it's practical when example I would like to share with someone the phpotoes I made during the vacation ect because when I attach the pictures to the mail the system automatically upload them to my SkyDrive box and it only attach small negatives from the picture to the mail and the other one who gets the mail can see the pictures without they need to down load and they can decide which pictures they want to see in the original size and which ones they want to download.

The recent SkyDrive limit is 7GB whic is decreased from 25GB but it's still more tn enough.

Finally I could open the Live side net blog's page so I can link you the entry with the screenshots from the planned metrostyle for hotmail:
 http://www.liveside....hotmail-leaked/
 http://www.liveside....now-in-english/
 It still seems more clear than the Gmail I hope there will be some themes to drop it up.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to SDS and Valerie for my avie and sigs

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
Re: Gmail Vs Hotmail
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 01:41:34 PM »
I don't have any experience with Gmail's system, but I know people that are happy with it. I use Hotmail but I have a separate program (Windows Live Mail) so I can see all of my accounts at once, instead of signing into and out of each one separately). I like it well enough, I don't do a lot with it, so it does what I need it to.

Just a note - your liveside links at the bottom are broken. You need to paste in the full URL - not the shorted "..." versions. ;)
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 01:53:09 PM »
My husband uses Hotmail. I've been using Gmail since it was released and I prefer it. I haven't had any major issues with the spam filter, but I occasionally get a non-spam e-mail sent there. Hotmail's spam filter sucks. My husband gets way too much spam sent to his inbox. It would drive me crazy since I keep constant watch on my e-mail.

Gmail took some getting used to, but now I'm comfortable with the interface and find everything else to be confusing.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 02:48:08 PM »
I love Gmail.  When I got an Android tablet it integrated flawlessly and it just seems so easy.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 03:17:48 PM »
I don't use either so I'm not help.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 03:21:34 PM »
I...personally prefer my sympatico account because its what im most familiar with, though I started off with hotmail and do have gmail as my default for reasons I will not get into here.

Last I checked Hotmail really went down the drain with things..but I dont really use it anymroe so i dont have a fair hold in it <3

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 03:35:21 PM »
I had a hotmail account years ago. Never liked it. I use my yahoo accounts only. Google annoys me with all the requirements and hoops and making you have a google account to attach to youtube and other sites. I have a google account but I hate google. Don't need some spying dishonest money grubbing company taking over my life.

PawPrince

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 04:02:50 PM »
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 06:42:48 PM by PawPrince »

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 05:21:05 PM »
People still use hotmail??? 

well I have both.  I rarely use my hotmail, I can't even remember the last time I checked it.  It is not as secure, slow and clunky.  Gmail is better, but I'm not in love with it either (my husband on the other hand LOVES gmail).  I like how it sorts your emails together.  It's a neat feature.  My main address I use is yahoo, but that is more out of habit and not wanting to have to tell everyone a new address than anything else.

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 07:38:29 PM »
Well, personally, I use both. However, I tend to use a mail client (specifically, Seamonkey Mail and News- Seamonkey is a grandchild of Netscape Communicator and still looks like it). Technicalities aside, Hotmail only support the older POP3 method of getting mail to the client while GMail supports the newer IMAP method. Both systems have their pros and cons, but GMail seems to be less problematic for me. For example, I have both set up on my old Nokia N97, HTC ChaCha/Status, iPad and various PCs. On Gmail, if I mark one mail as read on one device, it automatically reflects this across all the others. Hotmail doesn't have that facility. I have to manually go to each device and delete the read mail :P
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Bright_Glow

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 09:03:51 PM »
I don't have any experience with Gmail's system, but I know people that are happy with it. I use Hotmail but I have a separate program (Windows Live Mail) so I can see all of my accounts at once, instead of signing into and out of each one separately). I like it well enough, I don't do a lot with it, so it does what I need it to.

Just a note - your liveside links at the bottom are broken. You need to paste in the full URL - not the shorted "..." versions. ;)
The Windows Live Mail program ius good I like to use it too I still like to see my mails on the web too but the windows live mail good to following RRS too.

Thanks to SDS and Valerie for my avie and sigs

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 09:35:59 PM »
I have both I use hotmail for certain things and gmail for others. They both have their good and bad points. I do like that I can easily read them on my various Apple devices.

Oh my gosh! I totally forgot I had an email account at yahoo! :O
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 01:25:14 AM »
Gmail anyday. Hotmail plainly sucks.

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 04:18:03 AM »
Hotmail's spam filter completely sucks IMO, I have so much spam that gets to my inbox on my Hotmail account that I just don't bother anymore.

I mainly use Gmail now.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 05:18:55 AM »
I used to have a Hotmail account, but then I was given a Gmail invite whilst they were in the testing stages.

Never looked back. I only had one slight problem with Gmail filtering some stuff into Spam when I needed it, as compared to Hotmail filtering everything I needed into the Spam folder and leaving actual Spam in my inbox instead :/

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal