collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Gmail Vs Hotmail  (Read 722 times)

Offline Bright_Glow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Gmail Vs Hotmail
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 02:55:38 AM »
and what kind of services do you use next to sending e-mail and how sattisfied are you with them?

As I mentioned I use SkyDrive when I sending photos in big number but I like to use the hotmail's calendar because it's good and I like that I can add symbols to the events. Too bad there are only few symbols.  :sad:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to SDS and Valerie for my avie and sigs

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2012, 04:57:42 AM »
and what kind of services do you use next to sending e-mail and how sattisfied are you with them?
Well, if the file size in total is larger than 3MB, I usually use MediaFire. Otherwise, I just attach them :P
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2012, 11:08:03 AM »
I use both. Hotmail is mainly for friends and family and messenger while gmail is my professional mail when dealing with work and official stuff. Visionvise I prefer hotmail, it's prettier and easier to access with files and stuff. Gmail sucks on that department me thinks. Another problem is that it won't comply to my youtube account, it created a new one for me, on it's own o.O

Midnight_Echo

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 11:44:09 PM »
I started out on Hotmail way back in the day, and eventually added a yahoo and gmail address. Out of all my emails, Gmail is my favorite and my professional address. I have strongly disliked the changes, upgrades, and redesigns they've made to both Hotmail and Yahoo. Those are now my "junk" emails.

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2012, 10:17:22 AM »
I've got both, Hotmail as my quick dump if I need to give out an email address, and Gmail as my *real* email that I use for everything lol. I have Hotmail forwarding everything to my gmail so that's pretty much all I use.

Phekzhen

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2012, 02:10:50 PM »
Many people see Hotmail accounts (along with whatever account you get with your internet/cable account) as really unprofessional. The most professional email domain you can have is a custom one with your own name. I use Gmail exclusively, though I've had to use other accounts due to other reasons.

Honestly, it's hard to convince someone to switch from one to another after they've used an account for multiple years. Transferring calendars and contacts might not be difficult, but telling every site and person to use your new email is.

I have an Android smartphone, so all my Google stuff syncs and integrates very nicely. I can make calendar events on a PC and then get reminds on my phone automatically. I can thumb through my RSS reader and book mark what I want to use for blog posts. Some people aren't fans of Google, and that's their choice not to use it, though I feel like they're missing out on some of the best services online.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal