collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 35423 times)

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #615 on: July 05, 2012, 01:31:03 AM »
And Puku, it's a shame you didn't know that at the time, and I can understand your disappointment, but I don't think there's any need to get all up in arms and angry about it just because you didn't know.
Who says I was getting all up in arms and angry about it? If anyone's angry, it's Midnight Dream, and I honestly can't figure out why.

Sure it's annoying, but going on and on about it doesn't do anyone any good.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I had no idea I was talking about it so much that it was beginning to bother you. I'll stop.

I find it interesting, puku, how you complain about exclusives yet you own Howleen who is an exclusive.
I got her used from someone in the UK. I don't hate the specific dolls that are exclusive. I just hate the fact that they are exclusive to a specific store in the first place.

And in your response to Crimsoned you said that you would have preferred that the B&W SS Frankie was an exclusive...
You must have missed my other reply. Please go back and look at post #599.

If people are getting tired of it, they could simply ignore it and move on rather than point out that they're sick of it.
This please.

I actually understand everything about Pukini's frustratuon. For someone living outside the US, exclusives are the worst thing ever. Because there are a high risk that the exclusives aren't being released in your country, and if they do they will be overpriced to hell and back.
Exactly! Thank you. Unlike some other countries, we don't have Target or Toys R Us in this country. Occasionally we might get an exclusive product from overseas in one of the local chains, but there's no guarantee and it'll most likely be six months to a year later than everyone else.

I'm sorry if I've given people the impression that this is all I talk about. I think you'll find, however, that the vast majority of my 490 posts on these forums are not full of complaints about this one subject, nor about any other subject. I have to say, I'm starting to feel a bit unwelcome here ...  :bawl:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 01:38:03 AM by pukunui »

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 05, 2012, 04:00:05 AM »
Pukunui: You're welcome here anytime! :hug:

So, smile smile smile!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 04:12:16 AM by Icecrystalline »

Offline Saiko

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 05, 2012, 04:03:24 AM »
I'm super worried about exclusives too! With every new line now an exclusive to a store we don't have access to in the UK, except TRU, you can bet we'll miss out on some releases. Also, B&W Frankie was not super-marked-down overseas, I had to pay £13 for mine ($20). Collectors outside the US really do have it rough, and I can't rely on Arena member's kindness for that many new dolls :)

Pukunui, I'll keep you in mind for the TRU exclusives when I next visit my local one :D x
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 04:05:10 AM by Saiko »
:heart:

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 05, 2012, 04:10:51 AM »
I never saw B/W Frankie marked down... and I only ever saw one ONCE at a Walmart, normal price as the others (wasn't into MH then). Then I saw ONE at TRU after I got into it, but she was already remarked up to the nearly 18 bucks. I probably won't ever see the color SS Frankie (or any exclusives for that matter) because I can't get to Target, ever. And when I do the aisle is pitifully filled with good old dress up clothing e.e;

"Your order has been shipped via Fedex and should arrive between Monday, 07/09/2012 and Thursday, 07/12/2012." OH THANK GOD DRACULAURA SHIPPED FEDEX. Shouldn't have to worry about anything but Mattel QC.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 04:12:52 AM by Icicle »

TheLoveCat

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #619 on: July 05, 2012, 04:28:09 AM »
WHAT THE. I DON'T EVEN.

WHAT.

Hello, I've been lurking on this board for weeks now, and I find you all to be very smart, very interesting, and very kind people. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU.

When I woke up this morning and read the INSANITY that had blown up last night, I couldn't even form words. YOU GUYS ARE FIGHTING OVER NOTHING. Absolutely nothing!

Take a step back, take a deep breath, and remove yourself from the situation. When you look back on whats been said from all sides, you will be wondering what you were even fighting over in the first place.

Remember, you are on the My Little Pony web forum. A place that promotes friendship, love, and understanding.

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 05, 2012, 05:05:31 AM »
Gaaa... has anyone else had trouble getting their catgirl CAM ears to work? Relatedly, does anyone know of a tutorial for just attaching them to a wig?

I just did Moon (werewolf CaM) ears - marked up inbetween hairlines where I wanted the ear post to go, then made a hole with a corn-cob holder, snipped the 'clip' part of the ear off, pushed the peg through the hole then popped the clip on the underside of the wig. Looks sooooooooooooo much better now! Just be careful when you're making the hole not to split the plastic next to a hair hole.

Ohh... good idea! Thanks :D

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 05, 2012, 05:46:49 AM »
Oh heavens, I NEED SS Cleo! I was going thinking about getting her as I love her teal bangs and gold makeup but now that I've seen her shoes and body suit, oh my! LOVE!

I figured it would be fairly easy to buy one off of someone as she usually is not very popular (I don't want the other girls in the pack) but it looks like I am not alone in my Cleo love, lol!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #622 on: July 05, 2012, 05:54:26 AM »
I think this Cleo might sway a lot of people - her haircut is cute and her outfit and shoes are fiierrrce.

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #623 on: July 05, 2012, 05:55:47 AM »
I'm lucky in that I hadn't gotten around to getting any SS dolls when the 5-pack was announced. I want all 5 of them  ^.^

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #624 on: July 05, 2012, 06:03:03 AM »
I will happily keep all of the dolls from the 5 pack and either sell, return or rehair my extra ghoulia and draculaura
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #625 on: July 05, 2012, 06:05:01 AM »
I just want the shoes >.>  Jupi is a bad influence on me! But the translucent shoes are all so pretty, and Cleo's are one of the coolest designs ever.

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 05, 2012, 06:13:36 AM »
I'm lucky that I'd only get one repeat SS doll outta that (Draculaura)... but I'd also get a second Ghoulia, and I hate the SS one.. but dat outfit. DAMN YOU MATTEL.

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 05, 2012, 06:25:50 AM »
I'm lucky in that I hadn't gotten around to getting any SS dolls when the 5-pack was announced. I want all 5 of them  ^.^

I don't have any of them either so I could  keep all of them and not feel super guilty :P I really only want Cleo though (Clawdeen is tempting me however) Dang it Mattel, you make my wallet cry!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 06:27:42 AM by dragonlady »

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #628 on: July 05, 2012, 06:37:44 AM »
Howleen and clawdeen are in stock right now on targets website!
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #629 on: July 05, 2012, 06:47:16 AM »
Howleen and clawdeen are in stock right now on targets website!

GOT THEM!  OMG, thank you!  *runs around in circles*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

~Rodan+Fields~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal