collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 35457 times)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #600 on: July 04, 2012, 10:06:15 PM »
*shrug* The B&W was a promo item. We knew that from the start, she was always marked as such. So she's a novelty, and was sold at a cheap price (most places, TRU doesn't count.) She was never really sold or labeled the same as the other skull shores singles, so I never thought of her as a normal release. I always kind of assumed that another one would come along with another wave in some way.

At least it's not like the color Frankie is the only exclusive with the Skull Shores Line. If you get the 5 pack, you get THREE new dolls, unlike most of the other multipacks where you'd get 2-4 re-releases and one new one. Much better deal this time around, at least.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 04, 2012, 10:10:38 PM »
I wonder if there will be another promo thing after SDCC. It landing on Friday the 13th just screams opportunity to do something really cool!

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #602 on: July 04, 2012, 10:26:34 PM »
*shrug* The B&W was a promo item. We knew that from the start, she was always marked as such. So she's a novelty, and was sold at a cheap price (most places, TRU doesn't count.) She was never really sold or labeled the same as the other skull shores singles, so I never thought of her as a normal release. I always kind of assumed that another one would come along with another wave in some way.
That wasn't clear to me. She was, along with Nefera, the first MH doll I ever bought, and I didn't know much about them at the time.

At least it's not like the color Frankie is the only exclusive with the Skull Shores Line. If you get the 5 pack, you get THREE new dolls, unlike most of the other multipacks where you'd get 2-4 re-releases and one new one. Much better deal this time around, at least.
Perhaps. None of the other SS girls appeal to me, though, so you can see how annoying it is for me since all I want is the color Frankie and the only way to get her is to buy an expensive 5-pack with four other dolls I don't want. I really hate how Mattel keeps doing this sort of thing.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 10:28:29 PM by pukunui »

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #603 on: July 04, 2012, 10:42:18 PM »
I wonder if there will be another promo thing after SDCC. It landing on Friday the 13th just screams opportunity to do something really cool!
Yeah, all the TRU shelf labels for SS frankie are labeled as friday the 13th, so I think they really should play with that more!

And Puku, it's a shame you didn't know that at the time, and I can understand your disappointment, but I don't think there's any need to get all up in arms and angry about it just because you didn't know. It's not like mattel was purposefully trying to pull a fast one on you and scam you out of your $5. They were very clear from the beginning that she was a special promotional doll, so there's no point getting mad and blaming them because you didn't realize that. She was not released as a normal doll - even if you weren't following MH news at the time, the fact that she was the only black and white doll released in regular stores and was sold for under $5 when the cheapest the other dolls got was only $12 kind of screams "special item."

As far as the exclusives go - well sure, it is frustrating. I've had to buy several multipacks just to get the ghoulias in them, and then I'm left with extra dolls that I had no use for. A lot of people have had to do the same to get the one doll they want. Sure it's annoying, but going on and on about it doesn't do anyone any good.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 10:50:19 PM by NoDivision »

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 04, 2012, 10:55:57 PM »
I find it interesting, puku, how you complain about exclusives yet you own Howleen who is an exclusive. And in your response to Crimsoned you said that you would have preferred that the B&W SS Frankie was an exclusive...

So, please, tell me again how much you hate exclusives....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Folly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #605 on: July 04, 2012, 11:15:36 PM »
Good lord!  Can people whine a little without getting jumped on?  I saw nothing wrong with what Puku said, sometimes it's just nice to complain about silly stuff that we know isn't that big a deal.  I've been ranting to my boyfriend all week about 4th of July slowing down the shipping on my Lala, even though I know it's nothing that really deserves complaining about XD

It's not really anybody else's place to get upset over people buying things they later regret, anyway

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #606 on: July 04, 2012, 11:24:19 PM »
Ghouls Rule on Amazon at retail! Go go go!

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #607 on: July 04, 2012, 11:25:16 PM »
People can whine a little but it looks like people are reaching the limits of their patience when every post made is a complaint about more of the same things. We all vent sometimes, but repeating the same complaint over and over and over really doesn't accomplish anything and I can understand why people are getting tired of it.

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 04, 2012, 11:28:28 PM »
If people are getting tired of it, they could simply ignore it and move on rather than point out that they're sick of it.

At least, I see it that way.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Firecracker

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 04, 2012, 11:32:52 PM »
If people are getting tired of it, they could simply ignore it and move on rather than point out that they're sick of it.

At least, I see it that way.
This.  100%.
BTW, Pukunui, if you only want Frankie from that set feel free to send me a pm, because when the set comes out I don't want her or draculaura. 
On that note, anyone want ss lala for her stock or her nude body?

Offline M!ndy

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 04, 2012, 11:33:49 PM »
The SS 5-Pack is the only thing I have been dying to get hold of since they were first spotted online! I'm so glad that they're being found :D
I may have to beg a kind soul to pick a set up for me when they become a little easier to find  ;)  :heart:
:fox:

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 04, 2012, 11:39:54 PM »
People can whine a little but it looks like people are reaching the limits of their patience when every post made is a complaint about more of the same things. We all vent sometimes, but repeating the same complaint over and over and over really doesn't accomplish anything and I can understand why people are getting tired of it.

This. 100%

Anyway, I plan on getting the SS 5-pack at some point, so if someone wants Lala and Ghoulia (for either their collection or customizing) they will be up for grabs.

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #612 on: July 04, 2012, 11:40:53 PM »
To each their own. I'm just saying I understand people's annoyance.

And I was just trying to shed some silver lining on the exclusive issue. One of the nice things about there being 3 exclusive dolls in that pack is it will be MUCH easier to split. When there was just one exclusive in a 5 pack, well, obviously everyone buying it wanted it for that one doll so it was harder to get. But if there are multiples, I'm sure there are lots of people who only want Clawdeen or only want Cleo, so I am betting everyone will find it easier to get the dolls they want with this pack than with pervious ones :)

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 05, 2012, 12:59:14 AM »
Gaaa... has anyone else had trouble getting their catgirl CAM ears to work? Relatedly, does anyone know of a tutorial for just attaching them to a wig?

I just did Moon (werewolf CaM) ears - marked up inbetween hairlines where I wanted the ear post to go, then made a hole with a corn-cob holder, snipped the 'clip' part of the ear off, pushed the peg through the hole then popped the clip on the underside of the wig. Looks sooooooooooooo much better now! Just be careful when you're making the hole not to split the plastic next to a hair hole.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 05, 2012, 01:01:08 AM »
I actually understand everything about Pukini's frustratuon. For someone living outside the US, exclusives are the worst thing ever. Because there are a high risk that the exclusives aren't being released in your country, and if they do they will be overpriced to hell and back

Adoptable made by me

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal