collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Doll Furniture Self Challenge- (Ch.7- page 17)  (Read 15445 times)

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Doll Furniture Self Challenge- (Ch.7- page 17)
« Reply #255 on: August 26, 2012, 03:56:50 PM »
Hehe, I have plenty of horses, but they aren't quite tall enough for my MH gals.  The Breyers are decent sized though in comparison.  I have a draft Breyer I need to repair and paint....can that count?

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 27, 2012, 08:17:53 PM »
I'm a stickler for scale too. I found a random, hard plastic horse that is a perfect scale for Barbie and Monster High, much taller than Barbie horses.

Hey, whatever horse you want. I've seen adults ride REALLY small horses/ponies. Whatever floats you. But don't worry too much about them yet, it's just for your brain to tuck away and germinate... You are also more than welcome to use a horse you have already, like we do with furniture.

Okay, here are some of my supplies. The stuff on the right is hopefully going to be my MH dolls' bar, the stuff on the left is possibly going to maybe be a table...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here is the bar in progress. I glued the little spools on as feet and I am still trying to figure out what I want for a top.

oops, forgot. The wooden tabletop and balsa wood are from Joanns, as is that cool paper. I love that stuff. Spools are probably from Joanns years ago. Big beads make great feet too. I am upcycling a Nestle Quick container because I liked the shape.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 08:21:18 PM by Salli »

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 27, 2012, 08:24:16 PM »
That is so awesome!  now I know what to do with my nesquick box...

Also, has anyone seen MyFroggyStuff on youtube??  SO amazing, and definitely hwat we needed for this whole challenge!!  I started watching her stuff at 4 and haven't stopped til now, with minimal breaks...made some bread, going to make a table, so many ideas! 

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 27, 2012, 08:48:41 PM »
I love MyFroggyStuff!  So many neat ideas.

Salli, the bar looks cool!  Yay for upcycling! :D  I also love that green picture frame.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 28, 2012, 10:32:27 AM »
TXGal, I know, huh. SO addicting. I am pretty good at turning junk into stuff, but she is like Jedi-level. Did you see the shower? And she was chopping up a plastic hanger to use for stuff and I NEVER would have thought of that. There's a few links on here to the froggy stuff, I used her tutorial on barstools for mine and I have to make some more for my MH guys.

Thanks, the green picture frame was from a Michaels dollar bin (along with most of the frames painted white on Dalice's wall) I LOVE small frames. I snag them when I see them. They are also great for paper crafting. I need to work on this today...

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 01, 2012, 05:21:58 PM »
Ok, here are some really late pictures.  >.> 

First, the food I made from poly clay, and that I have repainted from the frankie fashion set.  The pie is now cheesecake with strawberry topping, left the green the way it was, painted the food on the fork as well.  Repainted the drink too, and added glitter.  =]

Next up is the furniture I got from ebay (making my own, it's just not going to be done for a week or so).  I did make a beanbag out of a shirt that was ruined in the wash (was crinkly and isn't anymore...)

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 01, 2012, 07:50:04 PM »
Whoa!  Those look fantastic.  How on earth did you do that braided bread, that's amazing!  And I love Ghoulia's rainbow tights! The furniture is really cute too.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 01, 2012, 09:38:53 PM »
There are no late pix here :) People jump in and out as we have time/money and inclination :D Goodness knows when my chairs/table and bar will actually be completed. Do we need one more week?

TXGal, those look awesome! Great job! And can I just say that I LOVE the pic of Venus and Ghoulia hanging out? It looks so real :) Good job! Also, super jealous that you have Robecca and Venus  ^.^

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 02, 2012, 04:12:03 PM »
They are down here in Granbury, so if you need me to nab them, let me know and I'll watch for them again.  =D 

Thank you everyone!  It was really simple to do the bread, and I'm sure you could do it with the salt dough recipe that Froggy Princess uses...I just used some tan sculpey from walmart, rolled out three even sized ropes, and just braided them together.  You squish the first bits together, and just squish the last bits together, forming the end a little bit to look like the end of a loaf of bread.  =]  I'll seeif I can find that recipe and post it on here.  It's what she used for the round loaf (I sadly don't have flour, so I just used more sculpey. 

The furniture is some bratz furniture from ebay that i just loooove.  Ghoulia's rainbow tights come from ebay from an international seller, and I know you can get some from thedaughterthatsews (think that is her name...y'all probably know who I'm talking about). 

Thank you so much Salli!  I wanted them to look like they were having a nice chat...soon as the little coffees I ordered come in, they will have those too (all my monster high dolls have new homes as of today!  Was taking the trash down, someone had left a bookshelf by the dumpster, and I hauled it upstairs! ) 

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 03, 2012, 10:16:04 AM »
TXGal- I may just ask you to grab them for me if you see them again. We get everything so late here. YAY for bookshelves!! Especially free ones :)

SO, yesterday I sat with my glue gun and did a bunch of work on pony costuming AND doll furniture. I got my MH bar almost done, plus 2 barstools done and I am putting together a background for them, and I'm calling the club 'The Absinthe Room' because the accents are all in poison green. I am having wayyyy too much fun with it though :) I found some green straws in my utensil drawer to make barstool legs from and it worked :) I will post tomorrow when my torsos come. Dalice's table is not making me happy, so I ripped the legs off and will try something new. I also have not managed to make her some chairs, it may have to wait.

I haven't heard a vote from anyone, so  I have not heard from anyone on voting for our next project. Do we want to do something simple like a plant or clock or something easy or are we ready to make a bed for our dollies?

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 03, 2012, 10:19:24 AM »
I think we should go ahead and make the beds!
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 03, 2012, 12:54:14 PM »
Okay, beds are next. SO lets finish up those bars/tables and chairs! (Also, guess who snagged a pool table for their MH dolls? Me! Well, it's just the top of the table, but with some legs and a bit of customizing to give it my flair, it'll be super awesome! $1.99 at Party City in the party favors aisle)

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 03, 2012, 05:02:35 PM »
I'm running so behind...the last week and a half here has been crazy and things probably won't settle down again for another few days, so I haven't even started on a table and benches...I was wanting to do a couple of tables like in the Great Hall at Hogwarts and some benches to go with it.  Salli, I can't wait to see your AbsintheRoom!  Sounds like it's going to be amazing.

I was thinking it would be neat, when we get through with the furniture self challenge, to do a fashion self challenge...like a pair of pants one week, a shirt the next, etc.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 04, 2012, 01:30:25 PM »
I'm running so behind...the last week and a half here has been crazy and things probably won't settle down again for another few days, so I haven't even started on a table and benches...I was wanting to do a couple of tables like in the Great Hall at Hogwarts and some benches to go with it.  Salli, I can't wait to see your AbsintheRoom!  Sounds like it's going to be amazing.

I was thinking it would be neat, when we get through with the furniture self challenge, to do a fashion self challenge...like a pair of pants one week, a shirt the next, etc.

I am way behind too. My absinthe room isn't as cool as it sounds. I'd like to make a more steampunk one that really looked cool.

Great minds think alike!! I wanted to do that too! I can make clothes, but it's so hard for me to schedule them. I think I may start it (or someone else can) after we do some bedroom and bathroom stuff.

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #269 on: September 04, 2012, 09:19:43 PM »
This thread is amazing!  *stalks*... I think I may attempt to join, only I'm thinking of doing pony sized furniture instead... maybe Barbie stuff for my daughter... but I have some pony plans.  ;)

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal