collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Doll Furniture Self Challenge- (Ch.7- page 17)  (Read 15446 times)

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Doll Furniture Self Challenge- (Ch.6- page 16)
« Reply #240 on: August 17, 2012, 05:57:37 PM »
OMG! Chocolate frog FTW!

I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 17, 2012, 07:01:36 PM »
I'm so sorry, bewilderness, I think I got drool all over your toys...  :dribble:
Awesome!!!
Craving chocolate frogs....

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 18, 2012, 06:28:20 PM »
 :lol:  Thanks guys!

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 18, 2012, 07:04:06 PM »
My mom came home with this awesome rocking chair:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sittin' on the Porch by JigglesTheCat, on Flickr

I'll try to get a photo of the entire thing tomorrow!

(This exactly about dolls, but still about miniatures > )The other day I went to the Dollar Store and they had really small red doll furniture made of wood. I grabbed one of everything for experimenting. Well, the moment I took everything out of it's packaging, I found out it's the PERFECT size for G4 ponies. So I spray painted everything black. I'll take pictures tomorrow!
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 18, 2012, 10:47:18 PM »
Yay for mom!! Nice chair :)

My dollar tree used to have those too, and of course, as soon as I started this thread I think all the NW dollar tree's yanked all their miniatures off the shelves and burned them. Just a theory. Can't wait to see :)

Also, this flikr group "the best of Monster high" has some great photos and some of them have such cute rooms like this one http://www.flickr.com/photos/carole_anne/6865084479/in/pool-1787014@N23/
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 10:48:50 PM by Salli »

Offline Dawn

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 19, 2012, 01:05:30 AM »
@Bewilderness: I love your food! The little pastries made me think of Cornish Pasties, and then I got hungry ^^

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #246 on: August 20, 2012, 07:34:26 AM »
I just LOVE stalking this thread...so many great ideas!

That chocolate frog is fantastic, lol!  And I love all the little dishes and bottles!  Makes me want to go crazy buying Barbie accessories, haha!

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 20, 2012, 01:26:55 PM »
That chocolate frog is fantastic, lol!  And I love all the little dishes and bottles!  Makes me want to go crazy buying Barbie accessories, haha!
Thanks!  My paypal account has suffered quite a bit the last couple of weeks, heh.

Jiggles, I love the rocking chair.  And I can't wait to see the G4 pony size furniture! :D

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 21, 2012, 04:44:42 PM »
Well, I have the stuff to make my doll's table, and something to make a bar for my MH dolls but have I put it together? No. Although I do have a good reason, my brother-in-law died the other day unexpectedly and we have been preparing the house to adopt a couple of cats. I do want to work on it and the chairs this week though.

So, this week's challenge is to make/find or buy at least 2 chairs or barstools for your bar or table. Also, I think we should have 2 weeks on this one. That should give us a bit more time to finish the previous challenge too.

Also, when you finish, get a pic of your doll(s) at the table with some of your food if you can :) Feel free to use the walls & floor from challenge 4 :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 04:47:42 PM by Salli »

Alicat

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Doll Furniture Self Challenge- (Ch.7- page 17)
« Reply #249 on: August 25, 2012, 11:17:22 AM »
ok, So I FIANLLY got a food item!! I found a Barbie (?) cake at Goodwill and re-painted it! I wanted a chocolate Genache icing look,

Offline JigglesTheCat

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 25, 2012, 12:36:42 PM »
I forgot to post this, but I found a pack of 6 dessert erasers in the school supply section at target. I intended them to be for my Liv Dolls, they're a bit big for them, though. But they're perfect for my AG dolls! (Pics later)
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 25, 2012, 05:29:35 PM »
Alicat that looks so nice!! Yumm! Did it come with the plate?
My cheesecake glaze worked and I'll have to remember to get and post pix too.

Yah, the eraser food was a good scale for my 16" doll but would have been way too big for MH. Some of the packs did have food that was way too big.

My table for Dalice and bar for my MH dolls are coming along but not done. I need to get it together so I can make those chairs.

Should the next challenge (in a week and a half) be a rug for the dining area? I want something simple before we delve into the bedroom  :shocked: I mean delve into building the bedroom  :lol:

{Also, just a heads up: I may be 'hosting'  :shifty: a 'Headless Hunt' in October which means you will be acquiring/making a horse (or other mount) for your doll. So, keep an eye out for a cheap one if you want to participate in it. It'll also mean acquiring or making some tack. I think we should post pix on a separate 'Headless Hunt' thread just to show off our work. Your doll doesn't have to be headless but it should be fall or Halloween themed.}

Offline JigglesTheCat

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 25, 2012, 05:42:03 PM »
{Also, just a heads up: I may be 'hosting'  :shifty: a 'Headless Hunt' in October which means you will be acquiring/making a horse (or other mount) for your doll. So, keep an eye out for a cheap one if you want to participate in it. It'll also mean acquiring or making some tack. I think we should post pix on a separate 'Headless Hunt' thread just to show off our work. Your doll doesn't have to be headless but it should be fall or Halloween themed.}

I'm a bit confused. So we will be aquiring something along the lines of a barbie horse for our dolls, right? Or will we be customizing one? Or..  :what:

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 26, 2012, 01:37:11 PM »
Whatever you feel like doing :) I got an old American Girl Horse who is a good size for my doll, but she needs some work to make her pretty. Barbie horses are great and cheap at 2nd hand stores. You don't have to customize them (unless you want to), just have one and get a pic of your doll riding or next to it in a spooky place. And you have 2 months, just think about it and if you see a super cheap one you like, grab it :) I just mentioned it early because they might be harder to find than some other things.

Alicat

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #254 on: August 26, 2012, 01:57:00 PM »
thanks! it's all one piece. just steady-handed paint!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal