collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: And Today's Fail Award Goes To...  (Read 5850 times)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Re: And Today's Fail Award Goes To...
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2012, 08:38:12 PM »
Well, if we're talking biggest fails ever...

I was 16 and with my mom at a church ladies dinner. We were sitting at the head table with all the old ladies who were the leaders. After dinner the cake was served and it was fabulous. One of the ladies asked what it was and another blushed and said "BTS Cake". Then she whispered under her hand "Better Than Sex". The ladies sniggered a bit, I took a bite and said "Wow, it is."

My poor mother. I wanted to disappear. Now I think it's hilarious!!

Offline JessicaAFM

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Ponies
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2012, 08:03:14 AM »
Wow LOL That sure does take the cake... LOL Pun intended.  :yikes:
~Jessica~ My Ponies

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to sd_dreamcrystal for my adoptable.

Offline nuttertasha

• Dabbles Pony
  • nutter is me all over
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2012, 08:16:34 AM »
mine always invovles boiling water like today went in to make a coffee and instead of pouring the hot water into my cup it went all over me i dont even know how.

and yesterday while cleaning my floor i managed to spill the boiling water over my bare feet uggg think i should stay away from boiling water from now on
Formally butterfly gypsie rose

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2012, 08:45:47 AM »
YIKES!!! :yikes: Don't die Nuttertasha! I hit myself in the face with the handle of a hammer the other day, now I have a bruised lip.  :lookround:

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2012, 10:03:38 AM »
mine always invovles boiling water like today went in to make a coffee and instead of pouring the hot water into my cup it went all over me i dont even know how.

and yesterday while cleaning my floor i managed to spill the boiling water over my bare feet uggg think i should stay away from boiling water from now on
Ouch, a while back I managed to pour a cup of hot milk from the microwave over my hand D:

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2012, 12:20:48 PM »
I managed to tip the majority of my baking ingredients onto the just-washed kitchen floor. XD Mwahahaha..
Fight like a girl..

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2012, 12:46:44 PM »
Brightside, isn't egg the worst thing in the world to have to try and clean up? 

This was a while ago, but I was doing a bo against bo kata (bo is a staff about 6' high), and my bestie Ellie was attacking.  I was watching the teacher since I hadn't seen this one before...apparently Ellie didn't know that.  She bonked me in the head when I wasn't looking, it ricocheted off my head and hit hers.  We both just looked at each other and died laughing. 

Wasn't a fail but it was a funny....when we were testing for our second degree black belt, Ellie and I had been talking about the written part of the test (yes...you have to spar for 3 minutes against all the judges, one at a time, and all the other testing students...it's a nightmare, not to mention the 6 hours it takes to do testing...they throw a written test on you too!  xD  )  and we were talking about what we would do if confronted on the streets (one of the main questions).  We both had rather creative responses that we put on ours (after we put the real answer, of course).  Hers was, "I would respectfully maim them with the bloody end of their own arm."  and mine was my all time favorite motto: "When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!"  .  We couldn't keep serious faces as we wrote it...no one commented though, sadly.  xD 

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2012, 08:37:39 PM »
I love that one too TG!
:socks:   :frog:

Offline nuttertasha

• Dabbles Pony
  • nutter is me all over
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2012, 01:13:07 AM »
YIKES!!! :yikes: Don't die Nuttertasha! I hit myself in the face with the handle of a hammer the other day, now I have a bruised lip.  :lookround:

ill try not to lol i get more clumsy when i tired lol

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2012, 08:03:03 AM »
Brightside, isn't egg the worst thing in the world to have to try and clean up? 

I wouldn't know, honey, but my mother would probably agree XD wow.
Fight like a girl..

Offline nuttertasha

• Dabbles Pony
  • nutter is me all over
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2012, 01:38:38 PM »
ok ok i know im daft but heres one from today cooking dinner get the food in the oven go to check it and its still raw oh god oh god start to panic check the oven nope note heated up on bit hmmmm whats wrong you silly oven partner walks in says whats up with you my words were this cook is broken he starts laughing me getting stressed out at this point shouts why you laughing he walks over and turns the oven on.
oh yeah i hadnt switched the thing on doh  :lmao: had to laugh silly me

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2012, 08:59:27 PM »
ok ok i know im daft but heres one from today cooking dinner get the food in the oven go to check it and its still raw oh god oh god start to panic check the oven nope note heated up on bit hmmmm whats wrong you silly oven partner walks in says whats up with you my words were this cook is broken he starts laughing me getting stressed out at this point shouts why you laughing he walks over and turns the oven on.
oh yeah i hadnt switched the thing on doh  :lmao: had to laugh silly me

Done that.  Not only with the oven, but the steamer, the dishwasher (loaded, put in the soap, but didn't turn it on... only to find myself trying to put away dirty dishes the next day going, man, these don't look very clean, haha), and other machines.  Oh, and one day while clearing the table I was sidetracked (happens often with a 2 and 3 year old in the house).  We went out for the day and when we got home I was wondering what that terrible odour was.  Apparently I put the sugar in the fridge... and the container of broccoli and cauliflour in the cupboard... WITHOUT closing the lid!  That is the grossest smell... eww!  Took forever to figure it out.  I thought something died.

Almost as bad as the time I put a full cup of milk in the cupboard thinking it was the clean cup I put next to the cup of milk.  Problem is, we put the clean cups upside down.  Yeah.  No, don't imagine it. 

Ooh, then there are the things I do when I'm preggers and don't know it yet.  Like putting 'don't put these in the dryer with dryer sheet' items into the dryer (I'm usually so good with NOT doing that) with the sheet and ruining the item... when it's new.  Or spilling an entire 1 liter container of yogurt all over the floor (under the fridge no less).  Or forgetting to turn off the water after getting things ready for doing dishes... after having spring cleaned my house... and coming back from town hours later to find my kitchen flooded... (oh wait... that was a newly married thing.  My bad).  Good thing we had towels.  Lots and lots of towels.  The mop didn't suck enough (snicker).

Sigh.  This thread was great for a laugh.  Thanks for making my day reading your blunders.  Makes mine seem just a little less terrible, haha.  Not completely though.  I'm hoping to avoid too many more lately... although I did break a dish putting it into the dishwasher the other day.  Not sure how that happened.  I hope I got all the glass...

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Wilford B Wolf

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2012, 09:39:27 PM »
theres one that sticks in my mind from years ago.....putting food stuffs away ...the next night i was CRAVING that gallon of ice cream but couldnt find it...i looked everywhere.......funny how a double oven(side swinging doors) feels just like a freezer sometimes

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2012, 10:57:09 AM »
Put a bottle of water in my bag, didnt do the lid up properly and my sketchbook got drenched. At least the paper is still good. And my memory stick narrowly avoided getting trashed

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2012, 12:08:24 PM »
This morning I put on a pair of UK size 8 shorts. Hadn't worn them for a week or so, thought it might be a change from my usual black attire.. Completely forgetting in my sleepyhead silliness that they really don't fit. Like, really.

So, walking around town for at least half an hour having to hold my shorts up with one hand and my bag with the other. XD I looked like such a weirdo, wow. And none of the shops in town stocked children's belts.. so we ended up having to go into a charity shop and buying a pair of UK 6 shorts.

It has one upside though: I love my new shorts! They're still too big, but they're so pretty.. and at least they're not falling down. :silly:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 12:10:59 PM by BrightSide »
Fight like a girl..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal