collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread 4.0  (Read 77911 times)

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread 4.0
« Reply #1425 on: June 28, 2012, 08:50:41 PM »
I posted a picture last night.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She looks amazing! Wow! :D

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: June 28, 2012, 08:53:25 PM »
 :lovey: That skeleton looks incredible! I might have to finally buy a custom cast torso.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: June 28, 2012, 08:59:01 PM »
Plastic Curves (the website who makes the torsos) are currently working on upper limbs.  It's still a work in progress.  They had a picture of what they came up with on their blog, but they weren't 100% pleased with the results.  They said once they come up with something that works, people who ordered skeleton torsos in the past can have free shipping on the limbs.  It'll be nice not having to hunt for extra parts, or paint anything, or pull out the power drill......  Everything will be matchy-matchy and skeletal:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1428 on: June 28, 2012, 09:07:14 PM »
Plastic Curves (the website who makes the torsos) are currently working on upper limbs.  It's still a work in progress.  They had a picture of what they came up with on their blog, but they weren't 100% pleased with the results.  They said once they come up with something that works, people who ordered skeleton torsos in the past can have free shipping on the limbs.  It'll be nice not having to hunt for extra parts, or paint anything, or pull out the power drill......  Everything will be matchy-matchy and skeletal:)

*nod* I messaged him when we first saw the torso and he said he is working on limbs -- thats the only reason i have held off...because OMG it looks awesome ^_^

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #1429 on: June 28, 2012, 09:10:00 PM »
Would it be OK to warm up a doll on low heat in the oven since I can't seem to find anyone who sells a heating pad in this country?

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #1430 on: June 28, 2012, 09:10:52 PM »
Would it be OK to warm up a doll on low heat in the oven since I can't seem to find anyone who sells a heating pad in this country?
what about a blowdryer?

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: June 28, 2012, 09:17:07 PM »
what about a blowdryer?
Would that work? I thought the idea with the heating pad is that you can leave them in it for quite a while.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: June 28, 2012, 09:17:48 PM »
what about a blowdryer?
Would that work? I thought the idea with the heating pad is that you can leave them in it for quite a while.

is this for Lagoona's ear?

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: June 28, 2012, 09:19:55 PM »
Not specifically, not. My 1600 Clawd has a crease on his face from the sunglasses, and also I wanted to try doing a head swap between my 2.0 Cleo and my new GB Cleo, and I was told heat was a good way to do that, and I'd rather do dry heat than boiled water, but it would appear a heating pad is not an option as they don't sell them in this country (I tried all the different shops I could think of that might have one).

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #1434 on: June 28, 2012, 09:22:33 PM »
even with a heating pad I wouldn't just leave the doll on the heat source.

Offline CasseminaPie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #1435 on: June 28, 2012, 09:22:43 PM »
Not specifically, not. My 1600 Clawd has a crease on his face from the sunglasses, and also I wanted to try doing a head swap between my 2.0 Cleo and my new GB Cleo, and I was told heat was a good way to do that, and I'd rather do dry heat than boiled water, but it would appear a heating pad is not an option as they don't sell them in this country (I tried all the different shops I could think of that might have one).

What about those heated barley bag things? I know you can get those everything. Just zap it in the microwave for a bit?

Jupi do you have any tips for just a Cupid lip repaint? Not sure how sealant and stuff work when its just the lips!
Come visit my blog!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: June 28, 2012, 09:26:36 PM »
I know this doesn't help you now, but you should have your mother get you one.  They are cheap, and very useful.  Have you tried your grocery stores in the pain relief section?
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #1437 on: June 28, 2012, 09:27:42 PM »
Jupi do you have any tips for just a Cupid lip repaint? Not sure how sealant and stuff work when its just the lips!

I just used acrylic paint and my tiny brush (that i use for pony eye lashes - lol)  I haven't sealed her -- but the plastic in the MH head seems to be like the ponies, so acetone doesn't make it weird. When I did my Clawdeen's eyes I sealed them carefully with a q-tip, with the same stuff I seal my ponies eyes with -- when I seal Cupid's they will have a little bit of a shine to them :)

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: June 28, 2012, 09:30:39 PM »
even with a heating pad I wouldn't just leave the doll on the heat source.
Oh OK. It was suggested to me for Clawd's crease that I wrap him up in the heating pad and leave him for an hour or two. Bad idea, eh?

Anyone got any alternatives for getting rid of his crease? At the moment I am just leaving his glasses off in hopes that the crease will smooth out on its own over time.

What about swapping heads? Is there an alternative way to heat them up enough to get the barbed prongs out without breaking them?

I know this doesn't help you now, but you should have your mother get you one.  They are cheap, and very useful.  Have you tried your grocery stores in the pain relief section?
We have 240v electricity in this country, so unless American heating pads come with power supplies that can handle that much voltage, I wouldn't be able to use it here sadly.

The grocery store is the one place I haven't tried yet. It's not likely that they'll have one if neither the pharmacies nor the big department stores nor the appliance stores have any.

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: June 28, 2012, 09:36:14 PM »
I remember Picklepud saying he got rid of his (creases) with boiling water, but it also took his sideburns off :huh:  My 1600 Clawd has a bad case of glue seepage so beware......

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal