collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Awesome toy....so much fun: NEW Photo of TREE !! :) June 27th UPDATE  (Read 4155 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Broke down and bought the tree from Target because it was on sale for 27.00. That was a good good price. I love the tree.  You turn it and it makes music for a few seconds and lights up. The Sprites interact with it and so does the wand.  You can push the white button on the back of each sprite and it changes the tree's colors. The wand will change it's colors also.  So if you share a new color with the wand, it will share it with the tree much the same way as the sprites.  Its a great way to display the sprites.  Its quite enchanting and beautiful at night. Turns off after about a minute or so of not playing with it to conserve batteries.  Music does not play on its own or for very long at all.  On and off button on the underside. Can't find a mute but you don't really need one with this as it only plays while its turning..and you turn it manually. Sorry picture is fuzzy due to lack of flash I guess.  Or poor picture taking. ;)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

UPDATE: Animals do not light up.... :(  But here is a photo of the Spritres taking over the Dream Castle in a dark room.

Husband and I were up late last night. I was in terrible pain and had to take pain medication which wires me like 6 cups of coffee.  So, we went to the 24 hour walmart with toy money in hand like two kids in a candy store.  I picked up 3 Lalaloopsy dolls and then headed to the clearance isle.  Thats when I find this wonderful...undervalued toy. I say that because she wasn't out long before she was on clearance.  I have always wanted one of these. They are called Lite Sprites. 

Each Sprite comes with a magic wand that enables you to change their colors and share colors with other sprites. There are also some built in games..haven't tried those.  The neatest thing about it....is in a dark room she just shines the most wonderful colors.  You can press the wand on most colored objects in the room and the wand will try to recreate that color and then you share it with your sprite. I mean AMAZING!  I actually loved the effect of creating Gray for Prisma.  It was a pretty color.  If the color is too dark the wand will tell you. My guess is they have reserved the darkest colors for Bleak but I don't know that for sure. I have Prisma and I bought Astra, Meadow, and Brook. I don't want Bleak as I don't like evil type of characters.  I know she does spells and things and thats not up my alley.  This toy is so much fun.  Kids would love this.  Heck two adults in this house love it.  If I had this as a kid I would have been thrilled.  Its really a light toy at best, but I see some play worthy concepts that could be done with it. I call them Pixie's but they don't have wings. If they had added wings that would have been over the top.  I also got the Lite Pets.  Its kind of hard for me to show you the colors during the day. Maybe some night photos without a flash.  The wand will store 50 colors while you are playing with it and the nice thing is it resets so you can look for more colors later.  Its just so cooooooooool. :lol:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 05:19:58 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Nonnavlis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
Re: Awesom undervalued toy....so much fun check this out
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 08:45:20 AM »
Oh wow! I remember hearing about this light technology when stuff was first coming out with it, I didn't know it had moved to toys! If it was anything but little tiny plastic pixies, I would need one this instant. You mentioned pets, can you get colour change animals as well?

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 08:49:19 AM »
I dont' know, I ordered mine off of amazon this morning so until I get them I can't be sure.  I am 50/50 on my idea for that being a possibility. I wish there was a way to find out.  I hope they color change, I would think they might...but not sure really.  We have our little pod hanging from a hook on the ceiling.  I mean these are so much fun.

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 08:51:43 AM »
Very cool!

Offline Nonnavlis

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 09:04:00 AM »
Well do let us know! I'd love to have some cute little colour changing animals to play with.

Can you make them keep the colour for a long period of time, or like other light up toys do you push a button and they light for a period of seconds before turning off again? If they can hold a colour, I'm seeing excellent possibilities for outfit co-ordination.

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 09:11:29 AM »
Because they are a child's toy they do have an automatic cut off. I can't remember when that is though.  The wand goes off the fastest, but the sprite stays on a bit..let me test it. Hold on.(2 mintues she goes off).. I found that if I kept messing with it she stayed on.  She went to sleep when I stopped.  Thats probably for battery life as they do take batteries.  The wand takes AAA and the sprites come with batteries probably like watch style maybe.  She has a little button on her where you can light her up again rapidly...but if you want her color to change you would have to use the wand.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 09:16:53 AM by tulagirl »

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 09:22:38 AM »
Neat-o! I'll have to check my Walmart for these!
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 09:27:44 AM »
I keep seeing those and telling myself I don't need any more collections. Maybe I could get just one.....

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 09:54:21 AM »
how cute!  I haven't seen those at our Walmart. How much are they?

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 10:23:39 AM »
Oh, cool!  She reminds me of a kiddie/little kiddle^^

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 11:31:21 AM »
I paid 7.00 for the initial set with the want and about 6.00 for each extra sprite.  Normally the set costs 22.00 I think and I got it for 7.00 at Walmart.

Yes they do have a Kiddles like look. Man I love Kiddles. Had them as a kiddo.

Offline Nonnavlis

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 01:52:43 PM »
I saw these in the store today. The packaging is so retro! When I saw that the playsets come in a printed cardboard box without the plastic panel... man, I wanted them right there and then! And the packaging for the little dolls reminds me of the boxes Seapony's come in.

That's to bad they don't turn on for to long, but I bet they could be rigged. If they ever mark them down here, I want one.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2012, 02:04:40 PM »
Your pain meds wire you?  They must be weird...most make people sleepy!  XD  I hope you feel better now though!  D:

And that toy is very clever!  Very cute.  C:

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 02:59:54 PM »
Your pain meds wire you?  They must be weird...most make people sleepy!  XD  I hope you feel better now though!  D:

And that toy is very clever!  Very cute.  C:

Yes my doctor said I am one of the 30% of people that get that side effect. Instead of feeling sleepy, I get insomnia and extreme energy...its awful.
I saw these in the store today. The packaging is so retro! When I saw that the playsets come in a printed cardboard box without the plastic panel... man, I wanted them right there and then! And the packaging for the little dolls reminds me of the boxes Seapony's come in.
That's to bad they don't turn on for to long, but I bet they could be rigged. If they ever mark them down here, I want one.

Yea they are expensive when not on clearance and that is why I never bought them. I have them  now and I have had so much fun with that thing today. LOL

« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 03:01:52 PM by tulagirl »

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2012, 03:18:07 PM »
Ugh, that sucks!  Though...it did lead you to find this cool toy, so maybe it's a blessing in disguise.  C:

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal