collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hi there  (Read 745 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Hi there
« on: June 11, 2012, 06:28:35 PM »
 Hi there,
I found this site while looking through my little pony information ect. I was looking up restoration and trying to find ponies for sale. It kept leading me here, so I decided it would be a good idea to join.  I’m ready to meet new people and kickstart my pony collection.
Personal:

How old are you? I feel so old saying my age, but 25 almost 26.

Where do you live? State, Country? Southern U.S.

Do you work or attend school? Profession or major? I recently graduated in 2011, and I’m an English teacher. I do hope to go back to school in a year or so for my masters

Who are the important people in your life? My partner, my family, friends, co-workers and of course the students. Can pets count even if they are not people? I love my little dog babies. <3

Ponies:

How long have you been collecting? I’ve had MLP since I was a child since I was born a bit after they came out. I’ve never been a serious collector before, and I mostly just kept the ones I had. I would like to collect them now though mostly due to childhood nostalgia.

Which generations of ponies do you collect? G1, G2, G3 or G4?  I’m honestly only interested in G1 ponies since those are the ones I remember

What made you want to collect ponies? Well oddly enough the other day on another online forum I visit someone brought up MLP. They were talking about the new ones of course, and I’m a bit old school to go with something new, but it made me think of mine. I went into our spare room and pulled out the ponies I’ve had since a child (and found at my mother’s house several years ago). I was curious about what ponies I didn’t know about as a child and about some of the ones I’m missing. I also feel bad for my ponies since of course I was a child and they are not in the best condition. I’ve been looking up pony cleaning and such, so you could say I’m a new collector. I want to restore my poor ponies, find new ones of my lost ponies and generally develop a collection.

I know I’m a bad pony collector! I will say that I grew up on a farm where my dad raised horses. I lived and breathed horses for the longest time. When I grew out of my MLP stage of life I collected Breyer, Peter Stone, Heartland and custom model horses. I actually have a massive impressive collection if I do say so myself.  I would like to create a MLP collection to rival my model horses.

Tell us about your collection!
I’m actually going through my collection right now figuring out which pony is which. I hate to say much about them since they look so sad and dirty (they loved mud baths when I was five…). I’ll make sure to tell some about then once I have the ponies fixed up.  I know that the ones I’m missing the most are the summer wings and windy wings ponies. I had a few and they were my favorite (flutter ponies were the ones I liked the most, but I was little when they came out and mom worried about wings breaking), and they were my “flutter ponies”.  Sadly I cannot find mine, and I think they were left with my little sister when I finally became “too old for ponies”.  I wish I knew where they were at especially High Flyer. Ah well, I have to start somewhere.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
Re: Hi there
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 06:32:51 PM »
Welcome!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 06:36:09 PM »
Wow!! Welcome to the Arena!

Glad you joined the fun!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 06:41:49 PM »
Why thanks both of you. I look forward to roaming about the forums.  ^.^

Formerly Maddie

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 11:43:03 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 to the Arena!  It's great you still have your childhood ponies.  Check out the Pony Coral for some great tips to help clean them up to their former beauty.  Your mother was wise to avoid the flutters when you were little because their wings are very brittle and detatch easily.  Now that you no longer play with ponies in the dirt you can splash out and buy yourself one ;)  :frolic:

I hope you enjoy the forums :cheer:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 10:44:46 AM »
 to the Arena!  It's great you still have your childhood ponies.  Check out the Pony Coral for some great tips to help clean them up to their former beauty.  Your mother was wise to avoid the flutters when you were little because their wings are very brittle and detatch easily.  Now that you no longer play with ponies in the dirt you can splash out and buy yourself one ;) :frolic:

I hope you enjoy the forums :cheer:
Oh why thank you! I meant to reply to your pm before to thank you, but I'm something of awfully sick. I think I was doped up on medicine when I got it. :biggrin:

I've actually decided if I feel better today to try some of this cleaning stuff on one of my ponies. I'm a little weirded out about ripping her head off, but oh well for the good of cleaning her. If I have questions about the cleaning stuff do I post them in the corral? I feel kinda silly I'm sure some sound simply and dumb.

I have some of my old ponies, maybe about twenty. The nicer ones and my favorites were given to my sister when she was little. I'm not sure what my sister did with them, but our ponies were def subjected to a lot "of love".  I think I will probably have to get some flutter ponies. I've always had a thing for unicorn and Pegasus creatures. Is there a general price guide or something around the forums?
 :drunk:   OMG these are the most adorable little emotes.

Formerly Maddie

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 11:05:02 AM »
hey hun, welcome to our home away from home. =] im usually hiding on here all the time now, and i stick with G1 also. if you need a hand identifying anyone feel free to shout at me with descriptions/pics etc and ill help out. =]
on the head ripping thing, lol i hear ya, i felt so bad poping my first one off, but honestly you only really need to remove it if youre planning on rehairing it, if it has tailrust you want to clean, or if it has an odor that surface washing isnt really getting rid of. =] cheap shampoo and conditioner and a battered toothbrush handle most of my scrubbing.
anyways, welcome to the forums, im sure youll be happy having more like-minded people you can talk to :silly:
so which G1s were your favorites, apart from High Flier (who is one of my favorite wingers, just love lavendar and aqua/teal together)

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 12:17:07 PM »
Welcome, so glad to hear you found ponies again and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 02:38:22 PM »
hey hun, welcome to our home away from home. =] im usually hiding on here all the time now, and i stick with G1 also. if you need a hand identifying anyone feel free to shout at me with descriptions/pics etc and ill help out. =]
on the head ripping thing, lol i hear ya, i felt so bad poping my first one off, but honestly you only really need to remove it if youre planning on rehairing it, if it has tailrust you want to clean, or if it has an odor that surface washing isnt really getting rid of. =] cheap shampoo and conditioner and a battered toothbrush handle most of my scrubbing.
anyways, welcome to the forums, im sure youll be happy having more like-minded people you can talk to :silly:
so which G1s were your favorites, apart from High Flier (who is one of my favorite wingers, just love lavendar and aqua/teal together)
Thanks! I wouldn't pop the head off if I could avoid it, but most of my old mud bath ponies I've noticed mold around the head. The one I want to work on actually is missing a tail. I actually have a few quick questions if you don't mind. o= After I pop this ponies head off how do I get it back on? I mean what type of glue do you use for it? Where or what brand of hair should I buy to do her hair? I don't have her tail anymore, so I'm assuming I would have to redo the tail and mane so they match? The pony I have I'm looking at the dream valley guide to identify her, but I don't see here on it. She's one of the early ponies just standing there and she is light pink with pink hearts. I see the one snuzzles on there or whatever, but mine isn't gray.

Haha, hmm the favorites I had as child growing up the sea ponies (but I only have one still sitting around) some of the unicorns like Twilight and Gusty. I really liked the My Little Pony movies growing up and Pony Tales as well. O_O Her site says those are international ponies is that true? Hmm, well I don't know how, but I had a Melody as a kid, and she was pretty much my favorite.

I think right now though I'm on a mission for the wingers and flutter ponies. Unicorns are usually my favorite above all things, but I had a glass unicorn collection for the longest. Last year there was a small earthquake and all of my unicorns shattered. I'm not sure I'm ready to buy unicorn objects yet...oh I also have a love for old Apple Jack.
What about you?

Thank you Tiella for the kind welcome
 :good:

Formerly Maddie

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 09:21:43 AM »
ill go down the line so i dont miss anything. =]

head: honestly if it was me i wouldnt bother reglueing it unless it doesnt want to sit pretty.if its just on display its not gonna fall off and you wont have to crack the seam again if she decides to mold up again. but if you do reglue i know superglue is a no-no. it does bad things to hair. id doublecheck with some of the other customizers around here to see what brand they prefer to work with but im wanting to say crafting glue like Tacky glue would be the way to go, but i may be wrong.

the hair ive bought before is at Dollyhair.com, click on the My Little Pony hair option in her menus and she has a TON of colors, most of which have example ponies and hints, like "perfect match for Moondancer-nuff said" and "close match to blah blah blah pony, tho a little lighter" and so on, so you can find one that is either a dead on match or close enough etc. =] very helpful. and its a decent hank of hair that you can rehair 2 or 3 ponies with if you dont want it ridiculously brush-n-grow long. for just a little over 3 bucks a hank. =] theres a few other brands rattling around that other people use but i plan on pretty much stickin with DH unless i stumble across something else (cause im new and will use anything at this point haha, beggars cant be choosers, but i know im pretty much just gonna order from her)

you MIGHT have to redo the mane with the tail if the color you get doesnt match, cause pink tends to fade when it ages, so the original pink might be way bolder than the mane is now, tho on DH i believe they have a tone that is original factory pink, and another shade that is more like the faded pink, so you might be able to match to what the mane is now rather than having to redo both.

pink with pink hearts? its not ringing any bells, i was thinking snuzzle when i read it but yeah shes gray... if you want you can post pics of her... so ill go with the regular questions to try to narrow her down (already flipped thru the guide to see if i was just forgetting someone, but the closest match i could think of was heart throb, but shes a pegasus) what does the bottom of her feet say? she might be a varient, a foreign, or a fakie. now im curious lol =P

yeah i believe the tales ponies were only in the UK and whatnot, pretty sure we didnt get them in the US (i was never really that fond of Tales myself... i preferred the more... adventurous/heroic episodes in the originals. was just bummed that they were all earth ponies going to school and whatnot instead of fighting villians and getting turned to stone, glass, ice, and anything else you can possibly be turned into. =P) lol you said you had a Melody and my mind read Medley and then i got a headache. :silly: was like... we had Medley tho... ?

yeah when i started re-re-re-recollecting (i always buy them when i see them but i go thru periods when i go into a frenzy of ebaying and garagesaleing on a MISSION for ponies, then i sate my hunger for a few years and go back to not actively searching for them, until something ignites the ponyrage again) i started off with getting all the flutters and wingers i could...as a kid i only had a broken Tropical Breeze, cause like all kids, i broke her wings. i only need one flutter now to finish up those (Wind Drifter, she was bottom of the list, not too partial to her colors) and two wingers (curse you Starry Wings and Cool Breeze and your outlandish prices!) then ima prolly finish up the rest of the Twinkle Eyes... in highschool when i hit a ponyfrenzy (aided by a friends ebay account haha) i got the rest of the princess ponies i needed, tho i wish id been a bit more picky... then i was goin for quantity- not quality, so i need to upgrade just about all of them as ive become a bit of a ponysnob haha

sorry to hear about your glass collection, that really sucks. ive pretty much moved away from collecting 'Pretties' cause i have a nosey cat, but i used to and still adore little breakable trinkets so i feel ya.

id say my favorites include: Fizzy (working on building an army of her haha), Lofty (which is odd cause i dont like yellow too much. i make an exception for her), Masquerade (again... yellow? im odd), Baby Moondancer (i was ecstatic when i saw Escape From Catrina), i always wished theyd made figures of some of the villians since they made megan, molly, and the bushwoolies, id have given my right arm for a Catrina and Moochick doll =P...

well im officially stalling, not drawing, so ill stop rambling now :silly:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 11:37:11 AM »
I do believe I shall send you a pm Elu to further discuss pony things. :frolic:

Formerly Maddie

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 12:03:00 PM »
Welcome to the arena!!

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 05:04:43 PM »
welcome to the arena!
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 07:33:26 AM »
Good morning and greetings, madhatterda. :welcome: to the MLP Arena. :)
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 10:36:22 AM »
Welcome!  You can always post pics and ask lots of questions about your restoration projects - we love helping bring other people's ponies back to their best! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal