collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Novi stars?  (Read 100200 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Novi stars?
« Reply #885 on: May 08, 2013, 11:47:46 AM »
Zapper: we have some Moxies here, not sure if they are the teenz or girls, but I can take a look for you if you like. Because Finland us insane pricewise, they might cost about as much as a small car.

EDUT: I just checked, they are the Moxie Gilz, not Teenz. Sorry.

I also curse this board! I love La Dee Das and just orderd two for an undisclosed overprice off eBay. I love them though. They came on monday. To be honest, it wasn't the dolls that were expensive, it ws the ineternational shipping.

The irony of this thread is that we have Novis here, but the pricing is quite mad.

You Finnish troll, you! I was already getting my hopes up in terms of Moxie Teenz :lol:
I'm madly in love with them at the moment and they're so hard to come by.

Galactica: Yes, the huge hands are a bit frog-like, but luckily there is another PN body that has the tiny hands and feet. i'm with you, though. I like their proportions, that's why I would love to try my hand at giving them a bit more posability.
The Orbit Beach dolls also have more space-y fashions in my opinion ^^ Such a shame they don't come with stands, though.
Amazon wants me to pay 18€ for only one of them plus shipping. Mh, I need to save up for summer!

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: May 08, 2013, 01:05:14 PM »
Zapper: we have some Moxies here, not sure if they are the teenz or girls, but I can take a look for you if you like. Because Finland us insane pricewise, they might cost about as much as a small car.

EDUT: I just checked, they are the Moxie Gilz, not Teenz. Sorry.

I also curse this board! I love La Dee Das and just orderd two for an undisclosed overprice off eBay. I love them though. They came on monday. To be honest, it wasn't the dolls that were expensive, it ws the ineternational shipping.

The irony of this thread is that we have Novis here, but the pricing is quite mad.

Alas, not a troll, I am an authentic sauna elf. We Finns love our saunas and elves.  :) I am very sorry though that I got your hopes up. I will keep my eyes open in case the store starts stocking the teenz too. Once again they are available at only one store and they cost more than the Novis! 39.90!

Makes the Novis seem almost affordable!

You Finnish troll, you! I was already getting my hopes up in terms of Moxie Teenz :lol:
I'm madly in love with them at the moment and they're so hard to come by.

Galactica: Yes, the huge hands are a bit frog-like, but luckily there is another PN body that has the tiny hands and feet. i'm with you, though. I like their proportions, that's why I would love to try my hand at giving them a bit more posability.
The Orbit Beach dolls also have more space-y fashions in my opinion ^^ Such a shame they don't come with stands, though.
Amazon wants me to pay 18€ for only one of them plus shipping. Mh, I need to save up for summer!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: May 08, 2013, 02:53:26 PM »
OMG Looking at Malie's body makes me want her now!! I've been resisting these dolls for so long, but arrgh, the prices scare me away. I remember though at Walmart, they had the first line of girls on clearance for about 7...Should've gotten them when I had the chance/money. :sad:
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: May 08, 2013, 04:02:11 PM »
OMG Looking at Malie's body makes me want her now!! I've been resisting these dolls for so long, but arrgh, the prices scare me away. I remember though at Walmart, they had the first line of girls on clearance for about 7...Should've gotten them when I had the chance/money. :sad:

Caca :(

Yes, Malie is my number one on the wishlist. I just adore multi-limbed characters and she even has something like a fashion theme going on unlike the other girls who always look a bit mix'n'match to me.

I wonder why they are so pricey. I'm a nut for toy design but I have very little clue about the industry itself. Their gimmicks can't be the only reason why they're in this particular price category.
I mean, damn, if I wanted Malie off amazon.de they would have to import her from the UK and I'd have to pay almost 30€ for everything. That's the MH 13 Wishes deluxe dolls' price.
And I'd get almost full articulation, a bunch of accs and a smashing doll out of that.
Malie is just a little figure that can glow in the dark and stretch a bit. I used to get stuff like that out of Mickey Mouse Magazine when I was a kid oO#

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: May 09, 2013, 05:31:40 AM »
I wonder why they are so pricey. I'm a nut for toy design but I have very little clue about the industry itself. Their gimmicks can't be the only reason why they're in this particular price category.

Just sharing general experience: They are.
Well, not all of them.. scent, GITD and gel won't cost as much as light-up and sound but they're most likely doing a mixed calculation to equal out the price-point. While MH dolls might seem to be worth 'more' to us with their articulation and size, they might cost even less to make. (standart plastic cast, easy to assemble, eyes just printed on)
Other than that they're probably just testing the waters and see how much people are willing to pay for them, too. Toys is one of the markets with the largest profit margin.

(besides, the shipping, import and conversion fees that WE in particular have to pay don't really play into it.. I was just judging by their regular US/UK retail price in comparison to other lines)

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: May 09, 2013, 09:58:33 AM »
Concerning posability:

I still want to know if the limbs are generally hollow or not, but this looks like a great way to get a jointed Novi if you don't care so much about their gimmicks but just like their faces ^^

I prefer the Novi heads on Monster High bodies - plus, a lot of the skintones match so you don't have to do any painting, just pop the Novi head on and you're good to go.

Anyways, I caved. I put three Novis on my dolly wishlist. Orbit Beach Una and Ari and Mallie Tasker ^^
Let's see if I can get them relying on the lovely Arena people.

Hey, I could pick some Novis up for you and add them to the package with the Moxie doll and stuff; shipping would be a little more maybe, but if I deboxed them for you it might not.  The Novis here are $20-30.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 09, 2013, 12:59:36 PM »

Caca :(

Yes, Malie is my number one on the wishlist. I just adore multi-limbed characters and she even has something like a fashion theme going on unlike the other girls who always look a bit mix'n'match to me.

I mean, damn, if I wanted Malie off amazon.de they would have to import her from the UK and I'd have to pay almost 30€ for everything. That's the MH 13 Wishes deluxe dolls' price.
And I'd get almost full articulation, a bunch of accs and a smashing doll out of that.
Malie is just a little figure that can glow in the dark and stretch a bit. I used to get stuff like that out of Mickey Mouse Magazine when I was a kid oO#

It's odd that the dolls outside the US are so much more expensive- they are not cheap in the US but I think they are fairly priced given the level of detail and high quality materials/design used.  I do know a couple of people in the toy industry and apparently the profit margin on toys/dolls is pretty small. 

My guess is that either some countries impose hefty import taxes on toys that make the prices go up-  or pricing is based on industry research on how much people will pay.  I'd be curious to know the real answer.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 09, 2013, 01:39:07 PM »
So funny.. the companies I did work for always said the margin was large(r when compared to other branches). But it might depend on the toy. Most goes into design and conception, so maybe you have to invest more into dolls b/c of the clothes and such?! :0
(or maybe they were talking about europe in particular, b/c obviously we are being ripped off x'D)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 01:41:21 PM by Fräulein_Kim »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 09, 2013, 01:47:03 PM »
So funny.. the companies I did work for always said the margin was large(r when compared to other branches). But it might depend on the toy. Most goes into design and conception, so maybe you have to invest more into dolls b/c of the clothes and such?! :0
(or maybe they were talking about europe in particular, b/c obviously we are being ripped off x'D)

The two companies I'm thinking of are small-  so maybe it is different with a giant like Hasbro, Mattel, Bandai, etc.
But I do suspect that European buyers are being ripped off a bit.  I was doing some reading on it and it sounds like the volume of sales is smaller, so stores try to make up for it by hiking the prices.  Import duties are also higher.  All contributing to a ridiculously priced plastic doll.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 09, 2013, 02:09:37 PM »
I think I can say as much as that I was designing molds for Rubber\Plastic-Monsters, Animals, Robots, Dinosaurs and such. *has a horde of lawyers busting down her door the next second*

After the designers are paid and all the molds are there these cost cents to make and sell for several €$£¥ - So I guess that's why the profit might be higher. :)
The size of the company might be important too, tho. ^^

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: May 11, 2013, 08:27:01 PM »
I saw Sila Clops today at TRU  ^.^ She is REALLY neat! I think anyone who's on the fence about her should get her, because awesome! :D

I've managed to avoid buying any Novis, but I always look at them in stores because they're so cute... if Sila and Malie (my top fave as well, love her arms) ever go on sale here I will probably cave and get just those two :)
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: May 12, 2013, 03:19:46 AM »
I always look at them too, but the 36 € price tag pretty much ensures that I don't buy them. Moxies, well Girlz, as we don't seem to have the teenz are also very expensive. They cost over 30 € too, sometimes even 39€. Are they expensive in the US?

We only have the first wave, so no orbit beach or Sila Clops, Mali Tasker or the other new ones.

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: May 15, 2013, 03:30:20 PM »
got my second Novi Star today: Mae Tallic!!! Love her lil electronic voice, it reminds me of Wall-E in some waays...

Quick Question for those of you that own some of the other dolls in the line, Is Mae the only one who's hair/wig is removable? I had no idea until I opened her and the wig popped off! I was so shocked  :shocked: :blink:, but in a good way! :lol: :biggrin:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: May 15, 2013, 03:34:18 PM »
got my second Novi Star today: Mae Tallic!!! Love her lil electronic voice, it reminds me of Wall-E in some waays...

Quick Question for those of you that own some of the other dolls in the line, Is Mae the only one who's hair/wig is removable? I had no idea until I opened her and the wig popped off! I was so shocked  :shocked: :blink:, but in a good way! :lol: :biggrin:

Cila's wig also comes off :D

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 15, 2013, 04:11:21 PM »
got my second Novi Star today: Mae Tallic!!! Love her lil electronic voice, it reminds me of Wall-E in some ways...

Mae's voice is adorable and surprise surprise, she doesn't talk about flying to the castle! :lol:
I'm a sucker for robots anyways, but I like it even more when they not only look the part but also sound it.

I think my favorite sentence of hers is "don't get your circuits in a b-b-b-bunch". It's like circuits are the robo equivalent to panties *g*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal